The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

This is so Fox newsish.......  Neither the AG or the President runs security for the Supreme Court.

The what aboutisms that aren't even close to being on point are never ending.  Yesterday, the first reaction was to attack the judge signing the warrants.  The next was to compare everything to Hillary, while ignoring the blatant hypocrisy shown by doing so.

The US Marshall Service (along with the SCOTUS Police) does. Of course they have agreements with other departments as well. 

Trump Made It A Felony To Mishandle Classified Documents In 2018

Sara Boboltz
Wed, August 10, 2022 at 12:21 PM

Few details have been made public as to why, exactly, the FBI and Department of Justice felt the urgent need to raid former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort on Monday.

Reports indicate Trump had been holding onto materials that were supposed to have been turned over to the National Archives. But officials have not commented on what was contained in those records ― and whether there are implications for U.S. national security.

The lack of information leaves only speculation about what sort of potential criminal activity the Department of Justice is looking into.

Oddly enough, one of the multiple laws covering the mishandling of government information is one that Trump himself amended during his tenure in the Oval Office, as pointed out by Tennessee state Sen. Jeff Yarbro (D) on Twitter.

Tucked into a bill Trump signed into law in January 2018 was a provision increasing the punishment for knowingly removing classified materials with the intent to retain them at an “unauthorized location.”

Previously, someone found guilty of this crime could face up to one year in prison. When former CIA Director David Petraeus was charged in 2015 with mishandling classified data, he pleaded guilty under this statute to avoid a felony charge, as Politico pointed out. A similar situation unfolded a decade earlier, when former national security adviser Samuel Berger pleaded guilty to removing terrorism-related materials from the National Archives in 2005.

Now, a person convicted of violating this law can face up to five years in prison ― making it a felony-level offense to mishandle classified documents under 18 U.S.C. 1924.

Could 2018 Trump have unknowingly put 2022 Trump in a tough spot?

We don’t yet know.

• Like 1

Trump is the only President that has attempted to have votes thrown out and fake electors installed instead of valid ones, so yes, he is the greater threat to this country.  The other things you mention are, at least in part, sensationalized narratives that haven't been shown to be criminal activity.

The other things are only “sensationalized narratives” because the DOJ has either refused to investigate, or drug their feet indefinitely.   Obviously youve missed the point - which was they are refusing to do anything about it.  

• Haha 1

Don’t forget his stellar track record of enforcing the laws around the intimidation of Supreme Court justices - not politically motivated at all….

Exactly.  One terrorist already arrested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see we have our first domestic terrorist, whom just happened to be a Jan 6th participant, has decided to attempt to attack an FBI station in Ohio.

Everyone is shocked.

• Like 1

I see we have our first domestic terrorist, whom just happened to be a Jan 6th participant, has decided to attempt to attack an FBI station in Ohio.

Everyone is shocked.

Funny how those that flap their gums the most about "law and order" don't seem actually abide by it.

• Like 1

The other things are only “sensationalized narratives” because the DOJ has either refused to investigate, or drug their feet indefinitely.   Obviously youve missed the point - which was they are refusing to do anything about it.  

Or another possibility exists..... perhaps there is not much there that is a prosecutable crime.

Or another possibility exists..... perhaps there is not much there that is a prosecutable crime.

Possible, sure.   But highly unlikely.  

Maybe you can provide a more likely explanation of the “10% to the big guy” or the crazy amount of money Hunter makes by being completely unqualified to sit on foreign energy BODs and sells his kindergarten quality “art” for hundreds of thousands of dollars?  

the Pelosi family business dealings are another area I’d love to see you explain away. 

• Facepalm 1

Maybe you can provide a more likely explanation of the “10% to the big guy” or the crazy amount of money Hunter makes by being completely unqualified to sit on foreign energy BODs and sells his kindergarten quality “art” for hundreds of thousands of dollars?  

the Pelosi family business dealings are another area I’d love to see you explain away. 

See Republican Congressmen and women's spouses/issue/relatives.  You will see the same nepotism but likely even worse.  All of Trump's kids were given positions within the executive branch they were not qualified for.  

As much as I hate the moderate democrats like Pelosi, their indiscretions while mind numbingly unethical/immoral, the same stuff is happening on the republican side but even worse.  Hell, Biden isn't directly linked to Hunter's positions on the BODs, while still obvious that those energy companies are trying carry favor with Biden, Trump's is direct.

I am not saying either side is excused from the BS but don't act like the democrats are the only ones doing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Funny how those that flap their gums the most about "law and order" don't seem actually abide by it.

And don't appear to see their hypocrisy when screaming about defunding the FBI.  Or probably do but fully understand their smoothed brain base laps it up.

I do find it hilarious how "the left" has been widely and loudly against no knock warrants combined with militarized police forces at least a decade....now we have 1 simple search warrant that was proceeded by a subpoena and multiple requests to comply and we all of a sudden NOW live in a dictatorship with no privacy. 

• Like 2

I mean, screw Pelosi and especially her brother going on that trip....but where were you when Mitch McConnel's wife is the head of transportation with a MASSIVE stake in oceanic shipping, literally Trump's entire family during his presidency, and countless other ties.

Singling something out either shows your true ignorance to the issue or just a partisan hack

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The thing about Hunter Biden being paid to sit on a BOD smells, yes, but it isn't illegal.  Honestly, American corporations do this all the time. He shouldn't have done it, but is it illegal?  I'm not so sure.  If anything, he may have been obligated to register in some way, but we aren't talking about major crimes.

I don't know what Pelosi's family does or doesn't do, but she was extremely wealthy before coming to D.C.  There are so many examples on both sides of politics of people profiting from being an elected official.  I'm all for taking money out of politics, but we can't do that without changing a great deal of how we have practiced politics for the past 200 years.

"I am not saying either side is excused from the BS but don't act like the democrats are the only ones doing it."

Furthermore, Joe Biden never gave Hunter a role in government.  There is no evidence he had any influence in Hunter's appointment to a foreign BOD, other than giving his son his last name.

• Like 4

"I am not saying either side is excused from the BS but don't act like the democrats are the only ones doing it."

Furthermore, Joe Biden never gave Hunter a role in government.  There is no evidence he had any influence in Hunter's appointment to a foreign BOD, other than giving his son his last name.

Yeah, its not Biden's fault that an O&G Co. gave his son a BoDs position in hopes of currying favor with a US VP/P. Wha is he to do? Tell his son to turn down every lucrative employment opportunity he ever receives? 

Much different than the blatant nepotism that Trump exuded.

• Like 1

Ah, just openly discussing then carrying out domestic terrorism on behalf of thr site founder 

Ah, just openly discussing then carrying out domestic terrorism on behalf of thr site founder 

Geeeeeeeeeez man crazy how brainwashed some of trump's supporters are.

Geeeeeeeeeez man crazy how brainwashed some of trump's supporters are.

Imagine dying for your idol then every one of your fellow buddies calls you a false flag and not real.

Lmbo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's scary...this happened to an Ex President!!!!

Imagine what Brandon and his 87,000 IRS agents are going to do to US if you stole 15 boxes worth of nuclear weapons documents & didn't give them back.

We will find out tomorrow at 3pm.

Kurt.gif

Edited by Didba

No evidence?   You mean like one of Hunters business partners testifying under oath that Biden was involved?   Or Hunters business partners visiting Joe Biden in the White House numerous times whe he was VP?   That would be a little odd if Joe wasn’t involved,  wouldn’t it?  I guess if no one really looks for evidence it is hard to see.

No evidence?   You mean like one of Hunters business partners testifying under oath that Biden was involved?   Or Hunters business partners visiting Joe Biden in the White House numerous times whe he was VP?   That would be a little odd if Joe wasn’t involved,  wouldn’t it?  I guess if no one really looks for evidence it is hard to see.

Link to someone saying under oath Joe Biden was involved? I can’t find that anywhere.

• Like 2