Games Tonight 9-1-22

kennypowers

Harsin I believe was will ahead of the curve on the transfer game.  Gonna be a special Year.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Seems like all the coaches that left and players thus far....has been a positive.  Props to Harsin.   Hudson do anything for Gus tonight?   Saw OC Brothers on a tackle earlier.  

Mason's surrender of 44 points to CMU is nothing short of phenomenal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedaler said:

Did Clifford get hurt?

he is bad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Here’s to hoping our D made a huge leap just by him leaving.  I’m feeling a little more positive.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

he is bad

And we made him look like Tom Brady. I guess a lot of college QB's will look like that though when you put absolutely zero pressure on them. Dude had all day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

One less headache for us

• Like 3

2 hours ago, au302 said:

And we made him look like Tom Brady. I guess a lot of college QB's will look like that though when you put absolutely zero pressure on them. Dude had all day.

He won’t in week 3

• Like 1

Watched the Pitt/W. Virginia game. It was good. Jt Daniel's looked good but his Oline didn't match up well with the Pitt dline. Still a tight game with the difference maker being the pick 6 but wasn't qbs fault.

If I had known Penn st was playing I would have watched it instead.

Also, unbelievable ok st allowed that many points. I think the score was 44-14 when I checked earlier. 

8 hours ago, Didba said:

We are gonna beat penn state

We are gonna blow Penn State out of the water. 

The wrath of Harsin will proceed to the LSU week. 4-0 going into that game and JHS will be rocking. 

If we are 5-0 heading into Athens with a chip on our shoulder, watch out. 

6-1 heading into the BYE week would be huge. 

people really need to be careful making assumption after 1 week of games. The biggest jump in improvement usually comes from week 1 to 2.

• Like 8

In Purdue, Penn St. beat a team that won nine games last season. Now their spirit will be high when they come into JHS. We are going to have our hands full.

• Like 3

Anyone else find it funny that the majority of the guys that transferred back to Gus at UCF are hardly playing? So Gus thinks the guys from the previous staff are better than what he recruited to an SEC school. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

We are gonna blow Penn State out of the water. 

The wrath of Harsin will proceed to the LSU week. 4-0 going into that game and JHS will be rocking. 

If we are 5-0 heading into Athens with a chip on our shoulder, watch out. 

6-1 heading into the BYE week would be huge. 

Hope you are right. However, Penn State beat a decent team on the road and it was their first game of the season. 

I didn't watch all the Penn State game but I think we should match up well.  That said teams change from game to game. The team that played a good Purdue team may be better by the time they play us or the areas of weakness I saw may still exist. Their O-Line was not really able to run block and QB pass protection was average at best.  Whether that was because O-Line is not physically that good or they are still gelling is the big question. Sometimes it takes a game or two for an O-line to gel. 

Penn State took advantage of the Purdue LB's all night.  It will be a good test for our LB's. How our LB's play will go a long ways in determining how good our defense will be. 

I think we can beat Penn State but they have a lot of talent so it might be a tough game. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

people really need to be careful making assumption after 1 week of games. The biggest jump in improvement usually comes from week 1 to 2.

This is true but Penn State's OLine was horrible against Purdue and our Dline is much better than Purdue's.  Clifford also played very bad in a road environment and Jordan Hare will be a tougher environment than Purdue

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I didn't watch all the Penn State game but I think we should match up well.  That said teams change from game to game. The team that played a good Purdue team may be better by the time they play us or the areas of weakness I saw may still exist. Their O-Line was not really able to run block and QB pass protection was average at best.  Whether that was because O-Line is not physically that good or they are still gelling is the big question. Sometimes it takes a game or two for an O-line to gel. 

Penn State took advantage of the Purdue LB's all night.  It will be a good test for our LB's. How our LB's play will go a long ways in determining how good our defense will be. 

I think we can beat Penn State but they have a lot of talent so it might be a tough game. 

This will be a big factor.