For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Lane's transgressions really aren't that bad so I agree with you on that, plus he has apparently chilled out at Ole Miss, I like him as a Coach, but I really don't like his in game decision making, playcalling is fine.

I'll admit Kiffin wouldn't be the worst hire, better than Freeze for sure, I don't think he scares Saban one bit and lately his recruiting has been a massive concern but his resume is better than Sander's so I'll retract my previous statements on him as you have made good points.

Freeze, on the other hand, his transgressions were criminal but albeit he had supposedly been a reformed man, however the recent scandal with the lawsuit showed that he has learned one bit and hasn't changed.  I don't trust a man that ignores what lawyers tell him and screws up a lawsuit for his University.  50/50 chance he does something dumb at Auburn too.

Link so you can read up on the scandal I am referring to that happened in July 2022

https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/hugh-freeze-liberty-dm-sexual-assault.html

Fair assessment. Lane is my #1 and i can understand the argument where Hugh needs more time to prove himself as being on good behavior. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Dude, he literally had a scandal in July 2022.  He hasn't changed one bit.

https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/hugh-freeze-liberty-dm-sexual-assault.html

Like I said thank goodness you aren’t the final judge. You know we can agree to disagree . I don’t have to like your candidates and you don’t have to like mine ?

• Like 1

Here are my thoughts/concerns regarding Sanders:

1. I do not know if his recruiting success will translate to the toughest recruiting environment in college football. It does not take much to make a recruiting splash in the FCS. Related, recruiting success may be great for a year or two, but is it durable?

2. I actually think Sander's current staff and gameday coaching are stronger elements than his current recruiting, because they are likely to be repeatable. He appears to be good at leading a coaching staff, and he seems to be good at inspirational motivation of his players, and both he and his current staff seem to be good at getting the most out of their players.

3. I have said it before, and I will say it again. Aflac is not going to renew Sanders contract if he is in not only the same NCAA sub-division, but the same conference, the same conference division, and the same state, as their other pitch coach. They just won't. They may keep Sanders and hire someone else. Or they may keep Saban and hire someone else. But I just can't see them keeping both. The whole basis of the commercial is the two coaches are famous, but also the two coaches are not competitors with each other. They cannot turn a national commercial into a local commercial. So everyone assuming Sanders could come to Auburn and keep his Aflac commercials with Saban, it won't happen. Remember before Sanders became an FCS coach, the Aflac commercials only included Saban.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like I said thank goodness you aren’t the final judge. You know we can agree to disagree . I don’t have to like your candidates and you don’t have to like mine ?

No you HAVE to like only my candidates, I AM THE FINAL ARBITER.  /s

I dunno why you keep saying the final judge thing though, its not like these are mere allegations with no evidence, there are screenshots of him pressuring this chick.  It's creepy weird and more likely than not shows he is still the same guy that did all that crap at Ole Miss.

I was actually warming up to Freeze until this recent stuff was reported on.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

No you HAVE to like only my candidates, I AM THE FINAL ARBITER.  /s

I dunno why you keep saying the final judge thing though, its not like these are mere allegations with no evidence, there are screenshots of him pressuring this chick.  It's creepy weird and more likely than not shows he is still the same guy that did all that crap at Ole Miss.

I was actually warming up to Freeze until this recent stuff was reported on.

I am saying the final judge because you have already MADE UP YOUR MIND. So there is no point in going back in forth with you in regards to him. It would be like me going back in forth with 24 on CBH or Gus. It would be a pointless discussion. With that being said, I am grateful we have others open to the idea and it’s not solely based on one individual opinion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am saying the final judge because you have already MADE UP YOUR MIND. So there is no point in going back in forth with you in regards to him. It would be like me going back in forth with 24 on CBH or Gus. It would be a pointless discussion. With that being said, I am grateful we have others open to the idea and it’s not solely based on one individual opinion. 

I got you. I was previously open to it and you had actually warmed me up to him just last week or two weeks ago when I was leaning no, you got me on the fence. 

Just now, Didba said:

I got you. I was previously open to it and you had actually warmed me up to him just last week or two weeks ago when I was leaning no, you got me on the fence. 

Ultimately it really doesn’t matter what you or me think, which is why I don’t care to get worked up over it. I am pretty sure it will go to Grimes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not sure there’s apples and apples going on here, but nonetheless as a data point - Deion’s struggles were in …. 1997

My only point was he has a past as well. It actually had to do with his school Prime Prep issues a few years back. I'm not going to fully rehash it but it could've been an assault charge and he's on audio to admitting it. I don't hold that against him and i think he learned a lot from it. But it just goes to my point that they all have had character issues. 

8 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

My only point was he has a past as well. It actually had to do with his school Prime Prep issues a few years back. I'm not going to fully rehash it but it could've been an assault charge and he's on audio to admitting it. I don't hold that against him and i think he learned a lot from it. But it just goes to my point that they all have had character issues. 

you know he attempted suicide and lived and supposedly found god and has dedicated his life to helping young men. this is what i have gathered here and there and yes there was an assault and i have no idea how bad but i believe he has turned his life around. but i invoke my geezer rights card in case something new comes up or he lets me down................lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I understand. 2 months of this and we’ll have dirt on each candidate that didn’t use approved calculators for the SATs.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Both of y’all’s candidates suck

Turner Gill 2023

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

you know he attempted suicide and lived and supposedly found god and has dedicated his life to helping young men. this is what i have gathered here and there and yes there was an assault and i have no idea how bad but i believe he has turned his life around. but i invoke my geezer rights card in case something new comes up or he lets me down................lol

Understand! lol

First I like Deion, it would be a steal for Auburn. However Deion does not need Auburn as much as Auburn needs him. Deion is on mission to get HBCU’s back on a competitive land scape with traditional schools. It would be hypocritical of him to leave JSU before he sees the job through. He has preached to kids come to an HBCU, and be part of rebuilding what was lost. So I can’t see him bolting on that so quickly. Unless Auburn offers him some absurd amount of Jimbo money or more, and even then I don’t see him coming. Furthermore he is in charge at JSU, will Auburn be willing to give him the keys and get out of the way? Of course not, so we need to wake up from this dream of him roaming the sidelines of Jordan Hare anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

First I like Deion, it would be a steal for Auburn. However Deion does not need Auburn as much as Auburn needs him. Deion is on mission to get HBCU’s back on a competitive land scape with traditional schools. It would be hypocritical of him to leave JSU before he sees the job through. He has preached to kids come to an HBCU, and be part of rebuilding what was lost. So I can’t see him bolting on that so quickly. Unless Auburn offers him some absurd amount of Jimbo money or more, and even then I don’t see him coming. Furthermore he is in charge at JSU, will Auburn be willing to give him the keys and get out of the way? Of course not, so we need to wake up from this dream of him roaming the sidelines of Jordan Hare anytime soon.

All true but Prime wants a shot at Nicky so I hear

• Like 1
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Disagree... If what you say is true, why did he interview at Arky and TCU couple years ago? He is gonna get a P5 job soon, if not us, somewhere else in the South... Do we really want to have to deal with him, Saban AND Kirby?...Think about it

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Disagree... If what you say is true, why did he interview at Arky and TCU couple years ago?

No one knows his mindset or desire now but he could possibly have the attitude of you all didn't want me then....you don't get me when i'm hot. I don't know how likely or the timeline but there's been a lot of talks and support for the SWAC and some MEAC schools to either merge and create a big conference and move to FBS or certain HBCUs that have things in place to move to the FBS. 

Again, we don't know at this point what Deion's current desire would be. In addition to having power at JSU he has it with the entire conference. He may want to prove he can take HBCUs to the FBS and beat the bluebloods...who knows. Guess we're going to find out soon b/c he's certainly on GA Tech's list. I certainly think they'll let him do whatever he wants at GA Tech but academic qualifier is a hurdle when it comes to recruiting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Disagree... If what you say is true, why did he interview at Arky and TCU couple years ago?

You mean two years ago before he was hired at JSU? Was he interviewing for other jobs while at JSU? I’m just trying to see something here. He is loyal to his mission and what he is trying to do at HBCU’s, once he feels the job is done I can see him leaving, just believe now is too soon, and would be very hypocritical of everything he has spoken about. And why Auburn? I mean he is too much of an alpha personality for the Auburn admin…not gonna happen. We will be seeing Hugh Freeze or Muschamp part 3…

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

You mean two years ago before he was hired at JSU? Was he interviewing for other jobs while at JSU? I’m just trying to see something here. He is loyal to his mission and what he is trying to do at HBCU’s, once he feels the job is done I can see him leaving, just believe now is too soon, and would be very hypocritical of everything he has spoken about. And why Auburn? I mean he is too much of an alpha personality for the Auburn admin…not gonna happen. We will be seeing Hugh Freeze or Muschamp part 3…

Ok. In reality. Neither of us knows what he will or won't do as neither of us are in his head. So I guess we will see.. As far as being hypocritical.. That's funny as literally ever coach denies they are interested in any other jobs..

Edited by NWALA Tiger

5 hours ago, clwn said:

Apparently he laughed at the notion from what I heard. Something about not wanting to fill his life with disappointment. Sucks if true.

I saw that - LOL!

"Things are pretty bad on the plains and I don't want to be the next 2-3 yr failure"

It was a great joke and had some truth to it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Fair assessment. Lane is my #1 and i can understand the argument where Hugh needs more time to prove himself as being on good behavior. 

He just effed up a Liberty sexual assault lawsuit in August because he can not control himself with a dang cell phone. 😆

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok. In reality. Neither of us knows what he will or won't do as neither of us are in his head. So I guess we will see.. As far as being hypocritical.. That's funny as literally ever coach denies they are interested in any other jobs..

Deion sees this as something bigger and a much larger impact. He is bringing a lot of positive exposure to HBCU’s along with a much needed economic impact. I know this because I have sat in on two of his fundraising meetings. It would be hypocritical because he is selling kids on coming to HBCU’s vs. traditional powers for a myriad of reasons. He is helping make a positive economic impact to the Universities, and restoring the talent pipeline. For him to leave and go to  Auburn would indeed be hypocritical especially this early in the journey. I can see him leaving at some point, because he is such a competitor, but I just done see it being this soon and being Auburn.