For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

I’ll ask again…then why did he interview for three P5 programs in the off-season?

I think for him this is a much more emotional process than most. Meaning he’ll bounce around. It’s a long distance between could and should.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sanders understands the value of PR.  He knows the value of self promotion.

We believe in work, hard work.

We need to understand that one does not exclude the other.  We need to understand that you must do both.

Auburn has never been very good at PR.  We cannot afford that oversight anymore.  The difference between reality and perception needs help in today's world of perpetual media.  You are not just building a team.  You are building a brand.

Note: Pearl does not rely solely on hard work.  He is a relentless promoter of himself and his program.

Hiring Sanders is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  He is an intense competitor who looks for every advantage.  That is how you compete.  That is how you win.  That is how you sustain a program.

You saw the video. He very clearly wants to stay at JSU.

11 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Auburn has never been very good at PR

The understatement of this millennium.    I'm coming around to the idea of CDS.    Since football is headed to where basketball almost always was, a Head Coach/Evangelist type may be exactly what we need.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You saw the video. He very clearly wants to stay at JSU.

Yes, we should give up, not even try.  There is no hope.  We might be ridiculed if he does not accept.  We are defeated.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

First I like Deion, it would be a steal for Auburn. However Deion does not need Auburn as much as Auburn needs him. Deion is on mission to get HBCU’s back on a competitive land scape with traditional schools. It would be hypocritical of him to leave JSU before he sees the job through. He has preached to kids come to an HBCU, and be part of rebuilding what was lost. So I can’t see him bolting on that so quickly. Unless Auburn offers him some absurd amount of Jimbo money or more, and even then I don’t see him coming. Furthermore he is in charge at JSU, will Auburn be willing to give him the keys and get out of the way? Of course not, so we need to wake up from this dream of him roaming the sidelines of Jordan Hare anytime soon.

He’s doing a great job selling his program!!! Which he will also do wherever he goes next.   
Secondly, $ is not going to be the biggest factor for him.  He’s looking for the right opportunity.   AU has a lot to offer.  Maybe we’re the kind of opportunity he’s looking for. 🤷‍♂️  What Dabo did at Clemson can be done even greater at AU!
I agree with your last point.   Other good coaches have passed on AU because of our PTB.   However, winning fixes everything.   The PTB at bama were similar before saban. Once he started winning, they got out of his way.   

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think for him this is a much more emotional process than most. Meaning he’ll bounce around. It’s a long distance between could and should.

We all have more than one single motivation that we toggle. I’m sure he’s deep-rooted at JSU, but the challenge of the P5 to measure himself against the best has to be a motivation for him. Why else did he interview? He did so as a player on Sundays AND during baseball season. I can see him keeping tabs on JSU at a P5 program. He still gets to make a difference in young men’s lives.

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Because he is not.

“ I don’t know how many times I have to say it. I’m not going to be the Alabama coach”

”Only way I’m leaving Ole Miss is in a pine box”

”You know how I feel about this place and this program (Oklahoma). So of course we’re going to continue to do that. We work well together, and we’re going to keep working well together.”

Those definitive proclamations lasted what? A few weeks?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Sheesh, ligthen' up, gramps. 

Gramps huh...yep, got a few young whippersnapper grandchildren too. Also been refered to as an 'Old Codger" too...LOL! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

“ I don’t know how many times I have to say it. I’m not going to be the Alabama coach”

”Only way I’m leaving Ole Miss is in a pine box”

”You know how I feel about this place and this program (Oklahoma). So of course we’re going to continue to do that. We work well together, and we’re going to keep working well together.”

Those definitive proclamations lasted what? A few weeks?

Deion is on a bigger mission with what he is doing at JSU, the SWAC, and HBCU’s in general. He has not accomplished what he set out to do yet, he may leave but I doubt if it’s this season and it damn sure as hell will not be Auburn. Get ready for Hugh Freeze or Clay Helton.

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Deion is on a bigger mission with what he is doing at JSU, the SWAC, and HBCU’s in general. He has not accomplished what he set out to do yet, he may leave but I doubt if it’s this season and it damn sure as hell will not be Auburn. Get ready for Hugh Freeze or Clay Helton.

Wonder why he has interviewed for 5 power 5 jobs if he isn’t moving? Those don’t intersect any where.

19 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

It wasn’t? I think winning 10-12 games a year consistently over several years is impressive at any level. His recipe failed at Auburn but his past reflects great success. 

Successful yes. But to the standard i wanted in a new coach at AU it wasn't impressive to me. But i welcomed him and hoped he would've been able to have given us Boise St on steroids but just hasn't worked out that way. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 5:15 PM, WarTiger said:

would be the biggest mistake in the history of Auburn football (and that says a lot given what we have now)

Not sure I've ever seen 22 dislikes. 

Has Spoken GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Not sure I've ever seen 22 dislikes. 

Has Spoken GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Getting WarTiger on board will be tough. Deion may be tougher. We can either try the sax music, rose peddles, bubble bath slow seduction approach. Or just go old school with the  6 shots of tequila and drink this idea friggin pretty technique.

I’m good either way. Just get it done.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Getting WarTiger on board will be tough. Deion may be tougher. We can either try the sax music, rose peddles, bubble bath slow seduction approach. Or just go old school with the  6 shots of tequila and drink this idea friggin pretty technique.

I’m good either way. Just get it done.

I just hope we swing for the fences, whether we succeed or not. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, cbo said:

I just hope we swing for the fences, whether we succeed or not. 

From what I understand, Freeze has extensively used both techniques (plus a few more direct approaches). Literally

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 2

On 9/25/2022 at 8:14 PM, rophle said:

Why does anyone think he’s a good coach, and not just a good recruiter?  If recruiting is all you want bring back Trooper or Craig. 

Please refresh my mind on the good recruiting that Harsin has Done. We haven’t cracked the top 25 in recruiting since Harsin’s arrival. I can’t think of anything Harsin has improved. Recruiting is worse, coaching is worse, decission are worse and team unity is worse. Heck I can’t think of anything that’s hasn’t gone down since Harsin’s hire 🤔

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

You may be right it will not be AU, but it’s not difficult to figure out his fancy. If a big name university like Auburn wants him, he’ll grant them an interview and they’ll pitch him accordingly.

People change their minds about all different kinds of things in life and head coaches are no different, as evidenced by the head coach quotes referenced above. 

11 hours ago, Viper said:

I’ll ask again…then why did he interview for three P5 programs in the off-season?

I don’t know but this interview I posted was after those P5 interviews.

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Sanders understands the value of PR.  He knows the value of self promotion.

We believe in work, hard work.

We need to understand that one does not exclude the other.  We need to understand that you must do both.

Auburn has never been very good at PR.  We cannot afford that oversight anymore.  The difference between reality and perception needs help in today's world of perpetual media.  You are not just building a team.  You are building a brand.

Note: Pearl does not rely solely on hard work.  He is a relentless promoter of himself and his program.

Hiring Sanders is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  He is an intense competitor who looks for every advantage.  That is how you compete.  That is how you win.  That is how you sustain a program.

Great post agree 100%..........Just tell Coach Sanders he can't do something and he'll prove you wrong guaranteed......Just watch his hall of fame speech.....man is a born leader.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:15 PM, WarTiger said:

would be the biggest mistake in the history of Auburn football (and that says a lot given what we have now)

Wow, umm your post isnt very well liked 🤣