Auburn at Ole Miss predictions

gr82b4au

O-line remains a massive liability in both run and pass blocking, and our D can only hold out so long before the fatigue sets in. Plus the crowd noise causes some false start penalties, including at least one that kills a halfway decent looking drive. 

It kills me to be this pessimistic, but I'm just calling it how I see it. 😔

34-16 OM.

We are just terrible at QB. The only QB on our roster that could make a difference is a true freshman. I've listened to multiple former players break down Robby Ashford's season to date and what he brings to a team and nearly all of them get on him about always bailing from the pocket. I know the O-Line is bad but Robby will take off running when he has a clean pocket. He also throws every pass 100 mph, just like TJ Finley always has for 3 years in college. It amazes me how our head coach was a high school and college QB but he has a QB room that may just be the worst in Auburn history. 

Our backfield is talented but I think Tank is regressing. He will end up kicking himself for not transferring to Georgia when he had the chance. He will still get drafted but not as high as if he had played behind that UGA o-line. 

Anyways, we keep it closer than many think. We beat Ole Miss 31-20 last year and that was when they had Matt Corral but we also had Bo Nix. Not great by any means but alot better than TJ and Robby.

Ole Miss  28

Auburn    23

Harsin isn't fired during the bye week and we STILL don't hear, from any person that matters, that Harsin will be fired. 

If this were a night game it would be worse. It’ll be closer than Ole Miss fans would like but doesn’t matter because we can’t move the ball. 

Rebels 31

Tigers 13

2 hours ago, e808 said:

I have the same thought process for this game as I did for LSU. At the minimum Auburn should cover the spread easily. The only way this game gets out of hand is if Auburn helps them.

Which based on this team thus far is very likely to happen. 

If things really go our way, maybe we can blow another double digit lead!!!   Here’s for hoping

OM - 38

AU - 10

AU leads 10-0 midway through 2Q, 10-7 at the half.   In the 3rd, as OM takes the lead, CLK breaks his personal best at the clipboard throw!

ole miss 24 

au 13     

hope u guys win ole miss is my num 1 rival   

because in my area a lot of ole miss fans  i live about 95 miles from oxford   

BTW 

LSU is 2 

Norte dame 3 

Texas 4  

Arkansas st 5 

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

40-6 Lane Train rolls.

Some of you guys have a lot of faith in our offense. 17/18 points!? That’s crazy talk!

Nope....Carlson goes 3-5 on FGs.....and our Defense/special teams pick up a score lol. Offense never enters the redzone.

We should be able to score some points on Ole Miss defense. Just not enough unfortunately OP 35 AU 23.

Auburn will win this game. Our D matches up pretty well with them.

Their kick return coverage is awful. Expect to see us run one back.

Their qb is talented, but he has the tendency to throw the ball up under pressure and stare down receivers.

The only good team Ole Miss faced, Kentucky, he completed right at 50% of his passes. Should have thrown 3 ints, but Kentucky dropped them.

AU - 27

Ole Miss - 24

I never thought I'd watch an Auburn team that seems completely incapable of scoring more than 1 touchdown against anyone with a pulse but here we are. I think it looks like a game for about the first quarter and then reality sets in.

Us - 13

Admiral Ackbars - 38

22 hours ago, The Freak said:

Their offense will never be backed up far enough for us to get 2, lol.

I don’t know, our punt game is just about the only bright spot on the team. But they should be with as much practice and in-game use as they’ve had. 

19 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

We are just terrible at QB. The only QB on our roster that could make a difference is a true freshman. I've listened to multiple former players break down Robby Ashford's season to date and what he brings to a team and nearly all of them get on him about always bailing from the pocket. I know the O-Line is bad but Robby will take off running when he has a clean pocket. He also throws every pass 100 mph, just like TJ Finley always has for 3 years in college. It amazes me how our head coach was a high school and college QB but he has a QB room that may just be the worst in Auburn history. 

Our backfield is talented but I think Tank is regressing. He will end up kicking himself for not transferring to Georgia when he had the chance. He will still get drafted but not as high as if he had played behind that UGA o-line. 

Anyways, we keep it closer than many think. We beat Ole Miss 31-20 last year and that was when they had Matt Corral but we also had Bo Nix. Not great by any means but alot better than TJ and Robby.

Ole Miss  28

Auburn    23

Harsin isn't fired during the bye week and we STILL don't hear, from any person that matters, that Harsin will be fired. 

Good post. I also don’t think TJ or RA are good enough to play in the SEC. Then again, it’s funny how Nix has elevated his play and numbers substantially at Oregon, where RA never saw the field in 2 years. Granted Oregon’s schedule is not by any means in the same stratosphere as AU’s, but he’s still improved. At this point, it’s all coaching. We wasted 2 years of a talented RB behind a high school line and honestly, he should just sit to avoid a catastrophic injury, as the shelf life of backs in the NFL is short. Yes, his stock has dropped, but backs are no longer considered near as important in the NFL as are QBs. He may be drafted 3rd or 4th and have a nice career and make good money. Outside of tank currently, I’m not sure any other player gets drafted from AU. A few may sign as FA, but that’s not a guarantee to a contract that a drafted player gets. I was all for giving BH three years, but it has only taken him 18 months to set AU way back. Dump him after OM, win or lose. Just delaying the inevitable at this point and sending an awful product into games. 

12 hours ago, TeganInbama said:

Auburn will win this game. Our D matches up pretty well with them.

Their kick return coverage is awful. Expect to see us run one back.

Their qb is talented, but he has the tendency to throw the ball up under pressure and stare down receivers.

The only good team Ole Miss faced, Kentucky, he completed right at 50% of his passes. Should have thrown 3 ints, but Kentucky dropped them.

AU - 27

Ole Miss - 24

Just curious what you’ve seen from our QB or offense that makes you think we score 27? Just a question, because you talked about their QB throwing the ball up for grabs under pressure, but RA has shown an inability to not fumble even when nobody has touched him. 

13 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Just curious what you’ve seen from our QB or offense that makes you think we score 27? Just a question, because you talked about their QB throwing the ball up for grabs under pressure, but RA has shown an inability to not fumble even when nobody has touched him. 

I think the offense will get some help from the special teams. Their kick coverage is awful, so hopefully we have good starting field position. Also think they will turn the ball over a few times.

I get it. The odds are against us and we need their help, but I like our chances.

• Like 1