Elephant in the Lane Train Room

AUght2win

21 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

. Let’s not mention the prostitues for 17-18 year old kids

I am not a big fan of Freeze but I don't think he was getting prostitutes for the recruits.  I think they were for himself if I remember correctly.  If I am wrong I am sure there will be plenty here to set the record straight.  Now in comparing the two, I think Freeze has a better defense.  I think he has done wonders with his 3rd string QB this year.  As for Lane, he is a portal guy but from what I have read in Miss and what I know here in FL he doesn't like to recruit or get to know the state coaches.  That is a problem especially around AU and in GA where there are a ton of recruits.  Our last coach said he had people for that and look what happened...

• Like 3

Over the past couple of months. Prime treads: a zillion pages.  Freeze threads: a zillion pages. Kiffin threads: …. usually 2-3, and usually morph into arguments about the first 2 candidates within 3 posts, with people mainly saying he’d be fine, too expensive, and he’s sometimes annoying. Not a lot of passion.  But a consensus that he’d win, maybe big, and no freeze ethics or prime non-p5 tirades. 

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get prime, but I also believe Kiffin isn’t “settling”. I’m also reaching the point that maybe a little less noise, dumb snippy retorts, and factions wouldn’t be the worst outcome.

21 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

💩Let’s not mention the prostitues for 17-18 year old kids… But you don’t want Kiffin because he failed at USC and tweets? 

Level if that were true, how is that different than college girls sleeping with them for free on visits? Lol

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

What exactly has he done while at OM?

Run his mouth about coaches and teams. Tweet like a 16 year old girl. “Get your popcorn ready.” Just the general all-about-me attitude. 

And hey, I think he’s actually a funny guy and has the right attitude in terms of not taking himself so seriously all the time. But it’s too distracting and tells me he’s fine with never having the commitment or professionalism to be a tier 1 coach. Even after Bama he’s openly stated he is doing things about as opposite as you could from Saban. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

If lane Kiffin is worth 10 million at market value , whatever, but we better be seeking multiple national championships. Not the occasional SEC championship and potential appearance. 

Imagine if we hire Lane for 10 mill a year for 10 years - and then he follows the script he did at USC and we crash and burn. In retrospect we would deserve it IMO.

Giving LANE freaking KIFFIN that type of money and that kind of opportunity is just purely insane to me. 

If we get him he’s got my full support. And I do think we’ll be good out of the gate. But I think he’ll wreck us like he wrecks everything he touches.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It’s been less than 3 years. 

He last coached at USC in 2013.  Since then he's been successful as OC in Al, HC at FAU and Ole Miss.  How much longer do you need, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They all have issues, but which is a more  less risk. I want Deion but I think Freeze is a better overall fit for the long haul!

Forget about the prostitutes. Plenty of good men have made mistakes. He paid the price and doing good now!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I am not a big fan of Freeze but I don't think he was getting prostitutes for the recruits.  I think they were for himself if I remember correctly.  If I am wrong I am sure there will be plenty here to set the record straight.  Now in comparing the two, I think Freeze has a better defense.  I think he has done wonders with his 3rd string QB this year.  As for Lane, he is a portal guy but from what I have read in Miss and what I know here in FL he doesn't like to recruit or get to know the state coaches.  That is a problem especially around AU and in GA where there are a ton of recruits.  Our last coach said he had people for that and look what happened...

I was on the Prime train for a while, and I haven't necessarily jumped off. I still think he is the best short term answer to get our roster fixed, but I have been steady in wanting Freeze if Prime says no. I think he is a great coach, a proven QB developer. The job he is doing this season along with what he did with Malik ...remarkable. I also think he is a solid recruiter. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DAG said:

So you lied. There is no restraining order. Again, you are full of it. Just manifesting stuff. If his wife, family, church, institution and God has forgiven him, that is good enough for me. 

Lied about what? A hypothetical Finebaum call in? I haven't "manifested" anything that he isn't currently accused of.

The guy is a time bomb, forgive me for wanting Auburn to make an ethical hire and maybe look outside of the low-hanging fruit of SEC/Auburn retreads.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I was on the Prime train for a while, and I haven't necessarily jumped off. I still think he is the best short term answer to get our roster fixed, but I have been steady in wanting Freeze if Prime says no. I think he is a great coach, a proven QB developer. The job he is doing this season along with what he did with Malik ...remarkable. I also think he is a solid recruiter. 

He's a bigger time bomb than Kiffen. No no and more no. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Lied about what? A hypothetical Finebaum call in? I haven't "manifested" anything that he isn't currently accused of.

The guy is a time bomb, forgive me for wanting Auburn to make an ethical hire and maybe look outside of the low-hanging fruit of SEC/Auburn retreads.

When you say he will probably get a restraining order, that is a form of manifestation. I don’t have a problem with your “ethics.” My problem is with your BS analysis of what he accomplished at Liberty as a head coach.  Of course you don’t respond to that critique. Instead , you choose the low hanging fruit rhetoric those who don’t want freeze always use!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I just don’t get why some people think so highly of Hugh Freeze. Everything he accomplished at OleMiss was due to cheating, paying players, academics improprieties. He is why Ole Miss was a hiccup away from the death penalty.

I am not sold that he is a good recruiter. He cheated to get those recruits! He is a good coach at Liberty, but it’s Liberty. He won against UAT twice, but he cheated. 
 Why do we want that type of baggage when we are trying to be great? That’s more of a old JABA move. There are way better options w/o the baggage.

Edited by tbone4jc

6 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

won against UAT twice, but he cheated

What did he do manipulate the football so UA couldn’t pass? Poison their players before the game?

7 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

He is a good coach at Liberty, but it’s Liberty

This right here tells me all I need to know

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Imagine if we hire Lane for 10 mill a year for 10 years - and then he follows the script he did at USC and we crash and burn. In retrospect we would deserve it IMO.

Giving LANE freaking KIFFIN that type of money and that kind of opportunity is just purely insane to me. 

If we get him he’s got my full support. And I do think we’ll be good out of the gate. But I think he’ll wreck us like he wrecks everything he touches.

He wrecked Alabama’s offense from 14-16? We’re 2-1 against them but OM is in such a better place than we are. 

What exactly has he wrecked? Tennessee 13 years ago?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

What did he do manipulate the football so UA couldn’t pass? Poison their players before the game?

Funny how you keep putting lipstick on a pig and calling it pretty. 

13 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Funny how you keep putting lipstick on a pig and calling it pretty. 

Funny how you still have trouble spelling Deion. It’s not Dion. Exactly why I rarely take any of your post serious, starting with your previous assertions. Yes I woke up and chose war today. 

Edited by DAG

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Funny how you still have trouble spelling Deion. It’s not Dion. Exactly why I rarely take any of your post serious, starting with your previous assertions. Yes I woke up and chose war today. 

Okay? Doesn’t really matter to me brother. 

5 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Okay? Doesn’t really matter to me brother. 

Not your brother and of course it doesn’t. Again, that is why I can’t take you serious in these discussions. So many of y’all with agendas. A very small amount of true football heads willing to engage in objective discussion about these head football coaches . 99 percent of these candidates discussed in here are dang good for Auburn.

Edited by DAG

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not your brother and of course it doesn’t. Again, that is why I can’t take you serious in these discussions. So many of y’all with agendas. A very small amount of true football heads willing to engage in objective discussion about these head football coaches . 99 percent of these candidates discussed in here are dang good for Auburn.

Let’s just call it quits fella. Your horse is too high for me to fret over.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

"Not your brother." Gotta love message board beef 😆

Edited by TAYLORKEETON

14 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

"Not your brother." Gotta love message board beef 😆

No beef. People really take this family stuff super serious haha. I am not a part of that stuff . Probably why I am totally okay if the next head coach gets rid of everyone. Clean slate. 

Edited by DAG

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

He is a good coach at Liberty, but it’s Liberty. 

Liberty consistently plays and holds their own vs P5 opponents under Hugh Freeze.  In 2020 they went 10-1 with their lone loss on the road at #21 NC State, 15-14.  They beat #25 Va Tech on the road and #12 and previously unbeaten Coastal Carolina at a neutral site.

Last season they had two close losses on the road at Syracuse and a competitive loss at Ole Miss.  

This year they are 8-1 with the lone loss at #19 Wake Forest 37-36 and a road win over Arkansas.

"But it's Liberty."  Good grief.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Didn't you hear? X-lax in the water. Bama shat themselves to two losses.  The man literally answered his own question for the most part. He just beat Arkansas with a Liberty squad on his 3rd or 4th QB. I am not even sure at this point. 

As for stuff about his recruiting. Yes that looks bad that he got caught. Most don't. If he was able to pull players to Ole Piss with hookers then I have no doubt that he can pull players AU with NIL. 

• Haha 1