Done: It's Hugh Freeze

NolaAuTiger

48 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I mean what's wrong with having Caddy as the interim HC for a year and see what happens in the coaching landscape next year?

I would’ve liked that better than this hire. Freeze is Malzahn but a little worse. The AD and boosters failed the program again 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Yep.   I think most Auburn people will support CHF.   He was not not in my top 3, but still I will support him and the university ... BUT ... He does need to earn our respect and will be on a short leash till he does so.

Quit being logical and making sense. It is time to try and burn the MF place down. <Eye roll>

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

He is here to coach football and more than likely his contract is airtight against issues that concern you.

It would not surprise me if were a 100 page contract, and 98 pages cover moral turpitude.

20 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree. 

His family forgave him but these strangers that have never met him want to crucify him. LOL They'll be at Tiger Walk getting their pictures made with him when he is winning. Probably even tell ol' Hugh to take a picture with their wife. 

Bunch of hypocrites 

Why beat people up for doing what they believe they need to do?

18 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

It would not surprise me if were a 100 page contract, and 98 pages cover moral turpitude.

I certainly hope there are plenty of clauses to protect the University. 

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Most agree that he is Gus 2.0 with a better passing game.

And after all, wasn’t that all Gus was missing…

He was missing an online more than anything, but yes the passing game could have been better for sure. 

1 minute ago, aujohnson said:

He was missing an online more than anything, but yes the passing game could have been better for sure. 

And here I was thinking he was hired after that whole Internet craze thing happened!

1 minute ago, LetsGoBigBlueLetsGo said:

There's a LOT of virtue signaling going on here, lmao. Win football games, that's it. He knows he needs to keep his nose clean.

I don't think that's the appendage people are worried about.

• Haha 3
  • Dislike 2

Freeze's record at UM was 39-25 overall and 19-21 in SEC play, then the NCAA expunged 27 more (partly due to HN).  Why was HF such a good candidate for AU ?  Because he beat UA twice ?  Is that it, or something more ?

Why does AU repeatedly hire marginal coaches ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Freeze's record at UM was 39-25 overall and 19-21 in SEC play, then the NCAA expunged 27 more (partly due to HN).  Why was HF such a good candidate for AU ?  Because he beat UA twice ?  Is that it, or something more ?

Why does AU repeatedly hire marginal coaches ?

Because winning 9-10 games and then getting lambasted when you’re on the cusp of a conference title is something we haven’t seen here in…4 years

16 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

And here I was thinking he was hired after that whole Internet craze thing happened!

😏 you couldn’t figure out that auto correct?

32 minutes ago, hutchids said:

This is who I wanted last hiring round. I'm hoping he works out, so I don't look stupid lol.

You might want to think about getting rid of the rebel flag.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2