Done: It's Hugh Freeze

NolaAuTiger

16 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

They literally hired him off a couple Bama wins and “developing” Malik Willis. I wish people would stop treating beating Bama like it’s the super bowl. Now we’re stuck in mediocrity again

But it is the Super Bowl!   Do you not get that they have a ridiculous record in the last 15 years.  If you beat them it means you have a good team and have probably had a very good year.  

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

But it is the Super Bowl!   Do you not get that they have a ridiculous record in the last 15 years.  If you beat them it means you have a good team and have probably had a very good year.  

Gus beat them more and won an SEC Championship. We probably could have hired him back.

• Haha 1

Just now, aucom96 said:

Gus beat them more and won an SEC Championship. We probably could have hired him back.

And HF was doing it at Ole Miss!  Is AU better than Ole Miss?  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I guess not. We couldn't lure their coach away from them. 

Gus also played for a national championship and had a higher winning percentage than Hugh Freeze. All without getting his team on probation! He just looks better with every passing minute. 

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I guess not. We couldn't lure their coach away from them. 

Gus also played for a national championship and had a higher winning percentage than Hugh Freeze. All without getting his team on probation! He just looks better with every passing minute. 

Well it’s not even worth discussing because Auburn is the same as Ole Miss according to you.   You can’t lure away someone that wasn’t coming.    LK played Auburn like a fiddle.    Gus sure did play for a national championship, at Auburn!   Don’t see why Hugh can’t do the same.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

At Auburn,,, he will not have the ability to provide prostitutes to recruits and, will not be allowed to commit 21 NCAA violations,,, I hope.

So, your attempted comparison is not really valid.

However, at this moment, we aren't on the level of OM.  We are the bottom of the conference.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

At Auburn,,, he will not have the ability to provide prostitutes to recruits and, will not be allowed to commit 21 NCAA violations,,, I hope.

So, your attempted comparison is not really valid.

However, at this moment, we aren't on the level of OM.  We are the bottom of the conference.

Gotcha.   Your ability is amazing.  Winter is coming!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Winter is coming!

*checks next year's roster*

jack-frozen.png

Yep. Definitely on its way!

29 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Freeze beat Kirby Smart's defense in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The 2016 was a 45-14 beatdown of Georgia in Kirby's first year as HC. Our fanbase seems obsessed with beating Alabama and Georgia but cries when we hire a coach that's done it and did it at little Ole Miss.

I think Hugh Freeze will be just fine personally.

And btw, I agree with you.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’ve said multiple times you’re an insufferable person and I’ve been proven right by your original post, this post and the post you’re going to make next in response. Go ahead 

So you’re dead wrong almost 100% of the time, I try to tell you different, and you call it insufferable? Lol 😂 

You are good “comic relief” after these past two years.

1 hour ago, hutchids said:

2012? 2017 Peach Bowl?

The 2017 Peach Bowl where we lost a meaningless game that no one affiliated with Auburn on the field wanted to play? I fought sleet to be there at that game, it wasn't worse. 2012 is a 10 on the badness scale, this decision is a 12 with the potential to be a 20

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Like what 

Like he means:

1. I tried to tell him and others Greene was a bad hire.

2. Tried to tell him and others Harsin was a bad hire.

3. Tried to tell him and others Deion will not even be considered at Auburn.

3B. Pointed out how it’s OK to constantly bring up Freeze and Kiffin’s past indiscretions, but not Deion who’s past was much worse.

4. Tried to tell them Gus was no Saban or Smart (and who is?) but he wasn’t as bad as they make him out to be. Which of course is proving true at UCF.

5. Tried to tell them Sankey did not ban us from hiring Freeze.

5B. Now, low and behold, who is our new head coach? Hugh Freeze! Who some on here said wouldn’t be possible because Sankey wouldn’t allow it.

A few years ago Gus even wanted to bring Freeze is as offensive coordinator, Freeze was interested in the job. It was Auburn that wouldn’t let him, not Sankey!

Back to your original question to Rigby… he still feels he is correct about all the above, even though he’s-it’s been proven 100% wrong.

2022 where facts don’t matter because you can go on a website or social media and find something you agree with even if it’s completely, factually incorrect, so you can then feel you were correct all along.

41 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Freeze beat Kirby Smart's defense in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The 2016 was a 45-14 beatdown of Georgia in Kirby's first year as HC. Our fanbase seems obsessed with beating Alabama and Georgia but cries when we hire a coach that's done it and did it at little Ole Miss.

I think Hugh Freeze will be just fine personally.

And btw, I agree with you.

Great points plus I believe his last recruiting class was number five in the country. That’s at Ole Siss; number five in the country! Just think what he will do at Auburn.

So he beat Saban and Smart can recruit in the top five in the country but they’re whining and crying it’s not Deion who recruited one five star athlete in five years?

5 hours ago, aucom96 said:

We can go back to hiring every ex Auburn football player for Freeze's staff like we did with Gus. 

I am honestly surprised that you consider hiring former stars to be such a bad thing. Especially given the passage of time revealing that almost everyone of those hires is now coaching at other major programs. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

It’s not the super bowl though. It’s one regular season game against a good team. Look at LSU, they could’ve made the playoffs but they treated Bama like it was the championship then lost to a trash A&M team. 

I have followed this board for nearly 5 years.  I have never posted or joined- until now.  But I have read thousands of your comments as a simple lurker so forgive me for jumping right in, but I just couldn't help it.  

I know there are two opposing sides here, and for good reason.  And I know my opinion is worthless at this point, but whether we admit it, or like it, we are still a Family.  This has always been what makes AU great!  Sure, we bicker amongst ourselves, but whoa to any outsider that attacks us.  

CHF is now part of our Family.  None of us had a choice in that- just like in any family- but Family nonetheless.  CHF has done nothing to us as a Family.  And if, or until he does, he should be welcomed.  We all have baggage.  Anyways..... Glad to be here.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What did he do. I mean what besides his usual babble

No clue. But usually that's what it looks like.

1 minute ago, NA Tiger92 said:

I have followed this board for nearly 5 years.  I have never posted or joined- until now.  But I have read thousands of your comments as a simple lurker so forgive me for jumping right in, but I just couldn't help it.  

I know there are two opposing sides here, and for good reason.  And I know my opinion is worthless at this point, but whether we admit it, or like it, we are still a Family.  This has always been what makes AU great!  Sure, we bicker amongst ourselves, but whoa to any outsider that attacks us.  

CHF is now part of our Family.  None of us had a choice in that- just like in any family- but Family nonetheless.  CHF has done nothing to us as a Family.  And if, or until he does, he should be welcomed.  We all have baggage.  Anyways..... Glad to be here.

Welcome,  what a time to jump in feet first.

• Like 2