Coastal QB Grayson McCall

Zeek

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

LMAO at you people.  "It's a message board narrative, Robby is actually amazing"

Yet the new coach that everyone is pumping is trying his hardest to get any new QB in here to be the starter from day 1 of spring practice.  Maybe y'all should email Hugh at compliance@auburn.edu to let him know he's wrong

<reads the thread again, searching for any post stating 'Robby is actually amazing.' Can't find one>

33 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

No I didn't conveniently forget the fumbles. This discussion is about Ashford's inaccurate passing. Fumbles of his have no bearing in this portion of the thread

No, it was quoted as Turnovers.  And he turned that ball over A LOT.  Not just interceptions.

He has had and has massive issues protecting the ball.

When you want to talk about boneheaded throws into triple coverage, we can go there too.

I hope he turns it around, but he reminds me of Nuke Laloosh: million dollar arm, five cent brain.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I will change my handle to AUAngel if Ashford is the game 1 starter next year.

That would be a good move. If Ashford is the starter we'll need a lot of prayers and more than a little divine intervention.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1716AU said:

No, it was quoted as Turnovers.  And he turned that ball over A LOT.  Not just interceptions.

He has had and has massive issues protecting the ball.

When you want to talk about boneheaded throws into triple coverage, we can go there too.

I hope he turns it around, but he reminds me of Nuke Laloosh: million dollar arm, five cent brain.

Right. The poster stated turnovers. But since the discussion was about his passing accuracy, and perhaps the affect the shoulder injury had on his accuracy or lack of improvement, reference to his fumbles were out of place. As are his boneheaded throws into triple coverage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Okay.

So you don't consider the shoulder injury may have retarded any improvement in his passing game.

And I don't know if I would call 5 interceptions over 8 starts a turnover machine

Sure, but just as your point is that we're ignoring the injury in our criticism, you're ignoring that Ashford had difficulty completing simple screens from the start. He had trouble handling and holding onto the football, fumbling a number of times in addition to his interception count. Ultimately, he was a wildcat QB at best. It had some effectiveness, but it's not going to be enough to be a weapon against better defenses. And if he can't complete high percentage throws in a Hugh Freeze offense, we're going to have problems, because I don't think Freeze is going to strip down to a basic option to suit Ashford's inability. 

The kid is one hell of an athlete and competitor. He was put in a very bad spot and performed as well as anyone could have expected, given that he's been a backup and playing baseball at his previous stop. But Freeze needs to show improvement next season and that improvement has a much better chance of happening with a more experienced option at QB. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Since McCall is staying put shouldn't this be move off of recruiting?

Though the people that love to argue will just find another thread to bash................ somebody on. 

• 2 months later...

Yeah, it’s real simple.    Graduate and he’s in.   Don’t graduate and he’s not in.   That’s it.  The captain obvious question of the month is, “Will he graduate in May?” 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

His wonderlic will be great [yellow font]

He may be seen actually trying to taste it.

• Haha 3

IMG_2869.gif

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, toddc said:

IMG_2869.gif

Grayson staring trying to figure out what his friend just text him.

19 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

D1FFCAD0-9375-4F2E-AB86-9CDAFB9B3C23.jpeg

FWIW the IG user way oversold what Hoke said.

A poster asked:

“Names heard before still in play at qb”  MCCALLL?

Hoke replied:

I think so, and others.

On 3/31/2023 at 5:17 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yeah, it’s real simple.    Graduate and he’s in.   Don’t graduate and he’s not in.   That’s it.  The captain obvious question of the month is, “Will he graduate in May?” 😂

image.jpeg Maybe yes ... Maybe no

On 4/5/2023 at 2:47 AM, alabastertiger said:

image.jpeg Maybe yes ... Maybe no

Don’t shoot the messenger, but I was told he can’t graduate by May. If he graduates, it’ll be this summer. Again, just passing on what I was told.

I asked when in the summer? And he didn’t know. So who knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger, but I was told he can’t graduate by May. If he graduates, it’ll be this summer. Again, just passing on what I was told.

I asked when in the summer? And he didn’t know. So who knows.

If he can, it will be late.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

If he can, it will be late.

When did Nick Marshall actually show up at Auburn?  Wasn't it late?  Maybe Auburn picks up 2 qbs anyway?  If TJ leaves then you'll definitely need 2.  

14 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

When did Nick Marshall actually show up at Auburn?  Wasn't it late?  Maybe Auburn picks up 2 qbs anyway?  If TJ leaves then you'll definitely need 2.  

Nick was here for spring his first season. 

Fall camp? That is very late, By then I would hope someone would be ready to take the mantle. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Nick was here for spring his first season. 

It appears he didn’t arrive until June 23rd or so.

Twenty Auburn football newcomers now on campus

Published: Jun. 24, 2013, 12:14 a.m.

Quarterback Nick Marshall and nine other newcomers arrived on the Auburn campus Sunday and will start classes Monday, according to multiple reports.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2013/06/twenty_auburn_football_newcome.html