Coastal QB Grayson McCall

Zeek

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so we cannot sign him and get him a tutor? he would not be able to practice or anything?

I thought I read that the problem is progress toward a degree, not necessarily capability in the classroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so we cannot sign him and get him a tutor? he would not be able to practice or anything?

Its not about his GPA…..he has requirements in regards to transferable credits that he has to meet to be eligible for football and from what it sounds like, his credits won’t transfer to Auburn.  It could be he has a major AU doesn’t offer, etc…..but its not about how smart he is.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We’re not going to get stuck with Hank Brown, are we? Seemed like recruiting was going so well just yesterday. 🤷‍♂️ 

We need a HS QB as well as a Transfer QB thanks to Harsin. HF has been recruiting for 3 weeks. 
The McCall situation is just freaking sad and extremely frustrating but we will find someone else. 

Edited by gr82b4au

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We need a HS QB as well as a Transfer QB thanks to Harsin. HF has been recruiting for 3 weeks. 
The McCall situation is just freaking sad and extremely frustrating but we will find someone else. 

Yeah recruiting is very much a whipsaw. We were feeling great this weekend and now this plus the concern about Cobb not signing early…sorry, the Harsin era is going to be hard to shake off psychologically! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I think where it really hurts is the fact that McCall is a national name that would have given us instant credibility and made us relevant immediately … even with other recruits. Since Leary is heavily leaning towards UK, it may hurt also when trying to pull in other commitments at WR (like RaRa). 
We will just have to wait and see if it has a negative domino effect. I don’t want to be negative about this class - I think HF is doing an absolutely incredible job!!! I just think this situation with McCall really shocked us and changed everything. I mean he was coming to Auburn … and then he can’t. 

We need a transfer QB and unless we get Leary, unfortunately it will probably not happen until spring. 

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

We’re not going to get stuck with Hank Brown, are we? Seemed like recruiting was going so well just yesterday. 🤷‍♂️ 

I’m taken back to when we had a last minute signing of a QB named Malik Willis and many grumbled. If HF wants him that’s good enough for me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah recruiting is very much a whipsaw. We were feeling great this weekend and now this plus the concern about Cobb not signing early…sorry, the Harsin era is going to be hard to shake off psychologically! 

The recruiting is still going good. You are just super catastrophic for no reason.

• Like 4

Apparently UF fans are starting to get weary they can sign him.  Apparently, even with their sports management degree, his classes/grades are a mess and they think it'll be an up hill battle

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently UF fans are starting to get weary they can sign him.  Apparently, even with their sports management degree, his classes/grades are a mess and they think it'll be an up hill battle

WHAT!?!?!?! You mean we noticed this as well and still didnt go after him and do whatever it took to sign him???

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

WHAT!?!?!?! You mean we noticed this as well and still didnt go after him and do whatever it took to sign him???

It's for a different reason than Auburn, but go off queen

21 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yes.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He can’t be that far off from graduating unless he’s just really slacked and done the absolute bare minimum.  On a normal 2 semester/year schedule he should be a spring graduate then factor in that he has probably taken summer courses….don’t most of the players do that, take summer courses so they can continue to train??

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He can’t be that far off from graduating unless he’s just really slacked and done the absolute bare minimum.  On a normal 2 semester/year schedule he should be a spring graduate then factor in that he has probably taken summer courses….don’t most of the players do that, take summer courses so they can continue to train??

it's gpa related too

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

it's gpa related too

If true he’s probably cooked at UF.  I am pretty sure their academic requirements are more stringent than Auburn’s.  

Don’t know if it’s sad or funny. So I’m going with both. Lol

Seriously though, y’all know how this is gonna end don’t y’all????

’23 starting QB for the Ole Miss Rebels. The portal king strikes again. SMFDH!!!!

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

If true he’s probably cooked at UF.  I am pretty sure their academic requirements are more stringent than Auburn’s.  

They aren't any different for athletes. 

It's just NCAA like you've said

Just now, TXaubie said:

Don’t know if it’s sad or funny. So I’m going with both. Lol

Seriously though, y’all know how this is gonna end don’t y’all????

’23 starting QB for the Ole Miss Rebels. The portal king strikes again. SMFDH!!!!

Kiffin isn’t tossing Dart aside so at least we don’t have to worry about that although I expect him to go after a portal QB now that Reed flipped to Texas A&M. 

Speaking of Kiffin, Freeze is going after Walker White now 😂. I’ve seen a lot of OM fans concerned about White, apparently his family really soured on Kiffin after his flirtations with Auburn and how Kiffin handled the end of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2022 at 4:29 PM, AEAugirl said:

Its not about his GPA…..he has requirements in regards to transferable credits that he has to meet to be eligible for football and from what it sounds like, his credits won’t transfer to Auburn.  It could be he has a major AU doesn’t offer, etc…..but its not about how smart he is.  

LOL . Might as well give up explaining 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

LOL . Might as well give up explaining 

Same as Auburn players majoring in airplane flying.   Very few schools offer this major.

6 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Same as Auburn players majoring in airplane flying.   Very few schools offer this major.

PSA: FYI:  For you parents of young kids looking at Auburn from out of state... 

If their major  is not offered in your native state,  they can get in state tuition at Auburn starting their Junior year.   

This saved me a lot of money!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1