Bo Nix back to Oregon for 5th year

gr82b4au

On 12/20/2022 at 4:35 PM, AUINSY said:

That's the nice way of putting it. I'd say we destroyed promising high school quarterbacks' future careers with the abysmal QB "development" we've had over the past decade. But that's just me. 

This is the truth, as sad as it is to admit.  
Nix made the right decision and he’s exactly where he needs to be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, alexava said:

The constant calls by self proclaimed football gurus to bench him in favor of Gatewood then Finley were enough for me to excuse him for leaving. Now the subsequent success of those two seem to faded out. 
      Still, the most puzzling claim that was thrown around here was the “just because who his daddy is “ bullsheyt. 

Totally agree. It didnt take a bill belichek to see that Gatewood was trash (as a qb) but people still clammored for him to start.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Totally agree. It didnt take a bill belichek to see that Gatewood was trash (as a qb) but people still clammored for him to start.

That was the only time I have had a connection to an actual player on the team since the mid 90’s. He said JG could make all the plays, throwing or running. But he could not simply get the team to the line, in the correct formation, change a play, protection, make sure you had enough on line of scrimmage..... even simplified versions of the offense would be heavily penalized if you had him running it. While less talented, Bo had all this down. They liked Joey and hoped he would eventually grow into it. And no I will not name the player. But the same things held true at JG’s next 2 teams, it appears. He was just a miss. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

That was the only time I have had a connection to an actual player on the team since the mid 90’s. He said JG could make all the plays, throwing or running. But he could not simply get the team to the line, in the correct formation, change a play, protection, make sure you had enough on line of scrimmage..... even simplified versions of the offense would be heavily penalized if you had him running it. While less talented, Bo had all this down. They liked Joey and hoped he would eventually grow into it. And no I will not name the player. But the same things held true at JG’s next 2 teams, it appears. He was just a miss. 

I could see that being 100 percent the case

On 12/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, woodford said:

Idk who is more obsessed with Bo Nix, his Auburn haters or Georgia fans 😂

Good for him. Oregon should contend for the Playoff next year. 

Some on this board are absolutely crushed by Bo's success at Oregon. I recorded and watched several of his games this season. He's a great QB and gets better every year, as should be expected.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, e808 said:

This is a completely different Bo. He is throwing the ball on the money. Definitely will be in the heisman discussion 

I imagine he will be the favorite , particularly if Oregon starts off in the top ten. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, e808 said:

This is a completely different Bo. He is throwing the ball on the money. Definitely will be in the heisman discussion 

Shhhhhh! There's a certain poster here who will have to be put on suicide watch if Bo has another great season.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, DAG said:

I imagine he will be the favorite , particularly if Oregon starts off in the top ten. 

Isnt Caleb Williams, the reigning Heisman, coming back? I would expect he would be the favorite.

On 12/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, Potatooooooes!! said:

Imagine having to say, "There's nothing like being an Oregon Duck" with a straight face

Better than being Howard the Duck, I guess

the movie that killed Lea Thompson's career stone dead

Edited by EagleEye67

On 12/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, woodford said:

Idk who is more obsessed with Bo Nix, his Auburn haters or Georgia fans 😂

Good for him. Oregon should contend for the Playoff next year. 

The good news is that we get to talk about him all next year too! 
image.gif

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, arein0 said:

Isnt Caleb Williams, the reigning Heisman, coming back? I would expect he would be the favorite.

He is and will be!!

On 12/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, e808 said:

Prime example of what a difference an offensive line makes!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There are so many good Pac whatever QBs coming back next year. 

Correct. D-Line competition helps their cause as well….Is the kid from Washington coming back as well?? Not even sure what year he is?  Penix, I believe his name is. 

I am and always will be a huge Bo Nix fan.  The man truly loved Auburn, but didn't always get the love returned.  I hated when he left, but we were a dumpster fire and I knew it was best for him.  Bo for Heisman!

4 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Correct. D-Line competition helps their cause as well….Is the kid from Washington coming back as well?? Not even sure what year he is?  Penix, I believe his name is. 

Yep. He is coming back. He is a beast. 

• Like 1

Lol. I didn't know they played and Mikey ran me down doing all this talking and bragging. I still didn't pay no mind but last night I went to check some NBA scores and saw.......North Carolina????? That's what you chasing people down saying I told you so about?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. I didn't know they played and Mikey ran me down doing all this talking and bragging. I still didn't pay no mind but last night I went to check some NBA scores and saw.......North Carolina????? That's what you chasing people down saying I told you so about?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I watched a few drives and he was putting up a stinker so turned it off.  Guess he put it together late. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I watched a few drives and he was putting up a stinker so turned it off.  Guess he put it together late. 

If we discussed it he would have to be ineffective at points of the game because Oregon has much more talent and Bo is being bragged on how he saved the day with two drives.....I'm glad he woke up and they won. Then I looked at the stats and Oregon hb was literally damn near running for a first down EVERY carry (he's the real reason they won). 

But if you talked football and offer criticism to Bo it's a problem. This guy in particular offers criticism to EVERYBODY else mind you.....

And once again I wouldn't have even done that because I didn't even know they played but this guy makes like 5 posts about me and chases me down bragging as if this is anything to brag about. It's hilarious.

When Bo actually played a team with talent and performed like he's always has nobody saw me posting laughing at him. I didn't quote one person trying to rub it in.

When he had his run of suck teams and good stats here come the comments at me.....then when he lost to teams that were nowhere near his team in talent everybody got quiet again. I noticed it, didn't say one word...and now you as I stated earlier you see what I get. 

The question really is why are they playing a suck North Carolina in a bowl game? If he has played so great why was he still the 12th rated QB that's draft eligible? 

He keeps bringing Joey gatewood up to me, when gatewood didn't beat out a guy in Kentucky that's being rated as high as a top 10 pick!  A QB much higher than Bo. Bo wouldn't have beat him out either! But this is actual football talk and not emotions and you can't really find that on here that much anymore. 

Guys like me and you just have to take it for what it is lol

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He keeps bringing Joey gatewood up to me, when gatewood didn't beat out a guy in Kentucky that's being rated as high as a top 10 pick!

Gatewood hasn't beaten anybody out. Not at AU, not at Kentucky and not at UCF. You swung and missed on that one.

Bo Nix, 2022 season, source ESPN stats

Passing: 3,594 yards. 29 TD pass. 7 int. 71.9 completion %.  RTG 165.7

Rushing: 510 yards, avg 5.7 per rush, 14 rushing TD's.

Receiving: 2 catches, 36 yards, 1 TD.

Total 44 TD's accounted for. Led his team to a 10-3 record. All this from a guy that somebody said "has no talent".

Your particular affliction has not only clouded your vision, it has made you blind to verifiable facts.

If we discussed it he would have to be ineffective at points of the game because Oregon has much more talent and Bo is being bragged on how he saved the day with two drives.....I'm glad he woke up and they won. Then I looked at the stats and Oregon hb was literally damn near running for a first down EVERY carry (he's the real reason they won). 

But if you talked football and offer criticism to Bo it's a problem. This guy in particular offers criticism to EVERYBODY else mind you.....

And once again I wouldn't have even done that because I didn't even know they played but this guy makes like 5 posts about me and chases me down bragging as if this is anything to brag about. It's hilarious.

When Bo actually played a team with talent and performed like he's always has nobody saw me posting laughing at him. I didn't quote one person trying to rub it in.

When he had his run of suck teams and good stats here come the comments at me.....then when he lost to teams that were nowhere near his team in talent everybody got quiet again. I noticed it, didn't say one word...and now you as I stated earlier you see what I get. 

The question really is why are they playing a suck North Carolina in a bowl game? If he has played so great why was he still the 12th rated QB that's draft eligible? 

He keeps bringing Joey gatewood up to me, when gatewood didn't beat out a guy in Kentucky that's being rated as high as a top 10 pick!  A QB much higher than Bo. Bo wouldn't have beat him out either! But this is actual football talk and not emotions and you can't really find that on here that much anymore. 

Guys like me and you just have to take it for what it is lol

Agreed on not too many places to talk ball without people questioning people's character or motivations. Beyond frustrating.  I don't really converse on Twitter but seeing the attacking back and forth on there as well is just ridiculous.  I know you are not much into the current pro wrestling scene (at least that I know of lol), but an example on there is the "competition" between WWE vs AEW. Say one thing about one and its an all out war about why the other is better.  They aren't even the same approach to something meant to be entertaining.  Just appreciate both and shut up 😆 

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Gatewood hasn't beaten anybody out. Not at AU, not at Kentucky and not at UCF. You swung and missed on that one.

Bo Nix, 2022 season, source ESPN stats

Passing: 3,594 yards. 29 TD pass. 7 int. 71.9 completion %.  RTG 165.7

Rushing: 510 yards, avg 5.7 per rush, 14 rushing TD's.

Receiving: 2 catches, 36 yards, 1 TD.

Total 44 TD's accounted for. Led his team to a 10-3 record. All this from a guy that somebody said "has no talent".

Your particular affliction has not only clouded your vision, it has made you blind to verifiable facts.

You used quotation marks so could you please show where I said Bo has no talent? 

So you don't understand when I say he didn't beat somebody out doesn't mean I said he did beat somebody out? 

Post all the stats you want but the fact is if there aren't any questions about his ability then right now people would be talking about him for the draft. 

He went to a school that has heads and shoulders more talent than everybody else in the conference (like you mentioned about Deion many times) and he did better in a lesser talented league. 

What's his stats against the teams with the best records though?