2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Me either. JLee does. But it is interesting that supposedly AU will get the last official

Interesting 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

He says he will be in Auburn today for the game but that he is locked in with Bama and will sign there on Feb 9.   As long as he continues to visit, we've got a chance.

He was in Auburn last night. Im sure Saban is livid at the time Williams has spent here but he's the rare player that truly has all the leverage. He can pretty do as he pleases with no fear of being cut loose.

• Like 1

Maybe……jussssst maybe. This is Auburn’s response to all those Yeldon sticks on signing day? 

• Like 2

I like RW and think he is by far the best prospect we can obtain. However, it certainly doesn’t move me that he is in Auburn to watch Bronny. I think any recruit would take that deal. Gives me a little more confidence that freeze has the last visit. Doubt Saban is livid that many people claim around here..he has a playoff game to prepare for. 

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

I like RW and think he is by far the best prospect we can obtain. However, it certainly doesn’t move me that he is in Auburn to watch Bronny. I think any recruit would take that deal. Gives me a little more confidence that freeze has the last visit. Doubt Saban is livid that many people claim around here..he has a playoff game to prepare for. 

He sure looks pissed off....

saban_slam.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Well, we are certainly doing our best and putting our best foot forward.  Do y'all remember the days when AU basketball was lawd awful and these types of visits did absolutely nothing for us?   My how the times have changed.  This basketball atmosphere is so freaking impressive.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I’m trying to keep my brain cautious. But I’m increasingly thinking he could be Yeldoning Bama. Still trying to not get my hopes up. But 🤞

I hope you're right.

Not only is he a great player, but I would like to see some karma on alabummer

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Still… Imagine having both.

The wide receiver group we will have if we get all these guys will make any QB significantly better. We’ve seen it from other teams where they have guys that separate and bring down the ball and make their QB look great. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Imagine having all 3. Can't double team everyone. And that's not even counting Cain and Simmons. 

This!!!

Any other year ever, we would be absolutely stoked about Cain and Simmons!!!   Those dudes are ballers!!!   The fact that those 2 may be our 4th and 5th highest ranked WRs is insane!   And i think they’re both a little underrated!   Extremely talented athletes!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This!!!

Any other year ever, we would be absolutely stoked about Cain and Simmons!!!   Those dudes are ballers!!!   The fact that those 2 may be our 4th and 5th highest ranked WRs is insane!   And i think they’re both a little underrated!   Extremely talented athletes!!!!

To anyone super focused on recruiting nationally, has there ever been a wide receiver class as good as good as the one we’d have if we also pulled out RW?

58 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Imagine having all 3. Can't double team everyone. And that's not even counting Cain and Simmons. 

I just hope AU can throw the ball Enough to keep them all happy . The portal will take em if not. I’m an armchair QB, but if we can’t throw. All three will go to greener pastures. I’m trying to be optimistic, but I’m still scared. 

2 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

He’s in Auburn, but he’s wearing that awful color

Actually looks like a true red &  not crimson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I was surprised to see that CC is ahead of RW in every ranking.

@AUwent I wasn't. RW has been compared to next year's talent, not this years. He will have his chance to pass CC at the Under Aumour All Star week. When recruits reclassify they almost always drop in rankings.

6 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Maybe……jussssst maybe. This is Auburn’s response to all those Yeldon sticks on signing day? 

Or...this is Bama trying to infiltrate AU recruits the same way Yeldon did even though the commitments are different.