2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

But for the last 18 months it has been about relationships to RW.  All the interviews were about how well Bama connected with him and his entire family.  he was pushed away from Auburn b/c Harisn was so awful at relationships and talking to people.  Hugh has gotten us back to 50/50 before Saban left and rebuilt that relationship.

Now....Saban lied to his entire family.  TRob is Gone.  The WR is Gone.  He has no connection to coaches at Bama.  If it took Hugh 10 months to get a relationship back to salvageable...we expect DeBoer to get it back in 3 weeks?

We'll see if it is about relationships or not.  Seems like it is more than anything.  It's going to be a back and forth 3 weeks.  Ignore 99% of anything reported.  We get the last visit. Let Hugh close

I HOPE it turns out to be about relationships. I hope that our current WR's can get RW to commit and come. I hope Freeze pulls it off and gets RW.  If we are talking strictly about a business decision that these young men are making, I do not see us in the top of that decision based soley on our QB situation and add in the fact that we did not go to the portal and upgrade the position, I can see RW going elsewhere. 

11 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Yep.. no doubt. If CHF gets RW to come to Auburn with our current QB situation, I will consider it one of the biggest gets ever. I just have doubts that he will come to Auburn based soley on our QB situation. Although I will add that Coleman and other other guys are recruiting RW hard so hopefully all of that comes into play. 

Love seeing your post bud. I agree, if freeze can get here him based on whom we have being center, he is arguably the best salesman in CFB currently 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Love seeing your post bud. I agree, if freeze can get here him based on whom we have being center, he is arguably the best salesman in CFB currently 

FACTS man. Honestly how he pulled the WRs we currently have, I have no idea. So hopefully that magic works with RW because Thorne ain't it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

RW is an elite athelete. He has to look at our QB situation and wonder who is going to get him the ball. College football is all about "business decisions" now for these kids. No one should blame them. I certainly would not blame RW if he went to Texas with the QB they have and how Sark can scheme for him. Of the teams on his list right now I would think we are in last place to land him. 

Did Perry, Cam, Malcolm, and Cain not look at the same QB scenario? Also Ryan just reclassified a month or so ago and if he stayed in 2025 WW would have been his potential QB anyway. Ryan can also be dynamic in the short passing game, sweeps, reverses, etc. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

FACTS man. Honestly how he pulled the WRs we currently have, I have no idea. So hopefully that magic works with RW because Thorne ain't it. 

I think he sold them on being developed alongside Walker White, and the fact what he did with Treadwell, AJ, and DK….and probably a nice slice of the NIL collective.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

As we already have one of the best WR recruits room this year , he has already shown he can overcome the negatives. Hopefully it works for RW too. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Did Perry, Cam, Malcolm, and Cain not look at the same QB scenario? Also Ryan just reclassified a month or so ago and if he stayed in 2025 WW would have been his potential QB anyway. Ryan can also be dynamic in the short passing game, sweeps, reverses, etc. 

From what I have read only Coleman is supposed to be there in the spring which means the others will have a lot of catching up to do. Also as I mentioned earlier are they on 3 or 4 year plans. If the sell is on WW and he doesn’t get the job this year the 3 year guy will only have two years with WW . Which means the first year they play together gonna need WW come out cooking.

The other equation is with the running clock how are u going to have balance between keeping the highly touted receivers  and running backs happy.

If he pulls this off definitely the biggest heist of his tenure to date

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, e808 said:

From what I have read only Coleman is supposed to be there in the spring which means the others will have a lot of catching up to do. Also as I mentioned earlier are they on 3 or 4 year plans. If the sell is on WW and he doesn’t get the job this year the 3 year guy will only have two years with WW . Which means the first year they play together gonna need WW come out cooking.

The other equation is with the running clock how are u going to have balance between keeping the highly touted receivers  and running backs happy.

If he pulls this off definitely the biggest heist of his tenure to date

Isn't Cain already enrolled also?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AuMarine said:

If CHF gets RW to come to Auburn with our current QB situation, I will consider it one of the biggest gets ever. I just have doubts that he will come to Auburn based soley on our QB situation.

We got two 5-stars and two 4-stars to sign with our QB situation. Why would a 3rd 5-star be any different?

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, e808 said:

Also as I mentioned earlier are they on 3 or 4 year plans. If the sell is on WW and he doesn’t get the job this year the 3 year guy will only have two years with WW . Which means the first year they play together gonna need WW come out cooking.

If Williams signs, there is no way on God's green earth we keep all 5 guys signed all 3-4 years. At least one of them will not live up to their hype and at least one of them will transfer.

• Like 3

Here’s a crazy possibility… what if RW said screw it and stayed in High school for what should be his senior year to let the smoke clear.  Play with his high school qb … 

just a thought 

edit: if I was advising him I’d tell him to leave that option open 

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 1

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Here’s a crazy possibility… what if RW said screw it and stayed in High school for what should be his senior year to let the smoke clear.  Play with his high school qb … 

just a thought 

CZ9oSlw.gif

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

Isn't Cain already enrolled also?

I stand corrected. Yes he is

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

just a thought 

I suspect he is more likely thinking about going forward to get a professional contract ASAP.  

3 hours ago, AuMarine said:

I HOPE it turns out to be about relationships. I hope that our current WR's can get RW to commit and come. I hope Freeze pulls it off and gets RW.  If we are talking strictly about a business decision that these young men are making, I do not see us in the top of that decision based soley on our QB situation and add in the fact that we did not go to the portal and upgrade the position, I can see RW going elsewhere. 

If Williams does sign with AU offense becomes very difficult to defend because we will be able to stretch it vertically and horizontally with 3 elite athletes. Now just imagine how that opens up the running game. We already have the pieces to do this without Williams but it’s corvette versus Ferrari with his addition. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

just a thought 

No NIL in that scenario.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No NIL in that scenario.

Plus he would have to wait an extra year before he could go pro

• Like 1

Apparently he visited Bama last night on the low. That’s why some are in the believe it when it happens thought process. CHF is already after some of the top receivers for 2025 . Auburn will be fine either way

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e808 said:

Apparently he visited Bama last night on the low. That’s why some are in the believe it when it happens thought process.

He said in a recent interview that he had developed close relationships with some bammer players. I'm sure they reached out to him since he decommitted. If I'm Milroe, I am recruiting him as hard as any coach, esp after Bond's portal announcement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e808 said:

Apparently he visited Bama last night on the low. That’s why some are in the believe it when it happens thought process. CHF is already after some of the top receivers for 2025 . Auburn will be fine either way

Partly agree. This would be more psychological warfare than anything. He would be the second 5* Bama flip in the same class. That will sting. We know how it feels to get burned. Even if he flips and then stays a year and goes to Texas or something we still kept him from Bama and that's all that matters in some cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Partly agree. This would be more psychological warfare than anything. He would be the second 5* Bama flip in the same class. That will sting. We know how it feels to get burned. Even if he flips and then stays a year and goes to Texas or something we still kept him from Bama and that's all that matters in some cases.

Based on all the time that will have passed is he really a flip. To me he is more like a free agent and doesn’t carry the same impact as Perry. That’s just me though 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, e808 said:

Based on all the time that will have passed is he really a flip. To me he is more like a free agent and doesn’t carry the same impact as Perry. That’s just me though 

Good point

I'm 57 years young and the older I get, the more I realize it doesn't do any good to rush time.  It's going to get here quicker than you want it to.

BUT, all of this drama that this kid is pulling from all sides is getting tiresome to me.  I can hardly wait til NSD in February to get the Ryan Williams Saga

behind us so we can move on to the next.  If he picks AU then AUsome, if he doesn't then Oh Well.

• Like 2