2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

Don’t get me wrong…I want these two guys bad. But the craziness of last night, would have one thinking that we landed a significantly larger fish. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Don’t get me wrong…I want these two guys bad. But the craziness of last night, would have one thinking that we landed a significantly larger fish. 

image.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

ALWAYS take into account that fans get caught up in the hype and spread and increase the hysteria.  

47 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

ALWAYS take into account that fans get caught up in the hype and spread and increase the hysteria.  

It wasn’t just fans tweeting eyeballs last night. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I understand, but they are just eyeballs.  Try not to read into them what you want them to mean.

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm automatic from 8ft anyway

I need you as a partner so bad in a two man scramble.

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm automatic from 8ft anyway

Golf, don't Google...   who has more PGA wins Fowler or Dufner?

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Supposely our staff gets hyped for every commit.

46 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Golf, don't Google...   who has more PGA wins Fowler or Dufner?

Tie but edge to Duf for winning PGA Championship and the Memorial.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I understand, but they are just eyeballs.  Try not to read into them what you want them to mean.

Seems like that has been thoroughly established during the 2023 recruiting run (first of this group).

• Like 1

No boundaries for coaches trying to relate to recruits. 😝 

• Like 1

BMatts Musings

You can feel the momentum building for Auburn’s 2024 class.

Three big commitments last week and what should be another in the next couple of days or so will bring the total to nine.

Several more targets are expected to decide during July and there will be another big week of recruiting with visits and Big Cat at the end of next month.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see AU with 14-16 commitments before the season starts, which would be a much better position than this program’s been in for a long time.

Having the majority of the class completed by Sept. 1 is a big advantage that Auburn’s rivals have used effectively for a number of years.

It frees up a lot of extra time to spend building relationships with the top prospects in the next couple of classes.

Auburn’s getting there but this fall through December and early January is still going to be important when it comes to finishing up the ’24 class and bringing in another relatively large portal class.

Right now, AU is ranked 34th in the team recruiting rankings. However, when you rank by average star, AU is 7th nationally and 4th in the SEC.

I think that’s a very good sign and expect there will be plenty more highly-rated prospects added to the class in the coming months.

Hugh Freeze and his staff inherited a complete rebuilding job. Step one was completed with a better than expected ’23 class and one of the best transfer classes in the country.

It looks like step two will bring in even more talent.

By this time next year, AU could finally be in a position more comparable to its rivals with the ’25 class nearing completion, important relationships being built in the ’26 and ’27 classes and a much smaller and focused need from the transfer portal.

Combine that talent with a more equitable schedule and 12-team playoff, and rebuilding will turn into competing for championships a lot sooner than many would expect.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

RB Kevin Riley committed to Miami. I know he had been mentioned as maybe a possibility for AU.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

BMatts Musings

You can feel the momentum building for Auburn’s 2024 class.

Three big commitments last week and what should be another in the next couple of days or so will bring the total to nine.

Several more targets are expected to decide during July and there will be another big week of recruiting with visits and Big Cat at the end of next month.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see AU with 14-16 commitments before the season starts, which would be a much better position than this program’s been in for a long time.

Having the majority of the class completed by Sept. 1 is a big advantage that Auburn’s rivals have used effectively for a number of years.

It frees up a lot of extra time to spend building relationships with the top prospects in the next couple of classes.

Auburn’s getting there but this fall through December and early January is still going to be important when it comes to finishing up the ’24 class and bringing in another relatively large portal class.

Right now, AU is ranked 34th in the team recruiting rankings. However, when you rank by average star, AU is 7th nationally and 4th in the SEC.

I think that’s a very good sign and expect there will be plenty more highly-rated prospects added to the class in the coming months.

Hugh Freeze and his staff inherited a complete rebuilding job. Step one was completed with a better than expected ’23 class and one of the best transfer classes in the country.

It looks like step two will bring in even more talent.

By this time next year, AU could finally be in a position more comparable to its rivals with the ’25 class nearing completion, important relationships being built in the ’26 and ’27 classes and a much smaller and focused need from the transfer portal.

Combine that talent with a more equitable schedule and 12-team playoff, and rebuilding will turn into competing for championships a lot sooner than many would expect.

Getting out of September with only 1 (or 0) losses would do wonders for recruiting. It would be on the field proof that this is working.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, CR said:

RB Kevin Riley committed to Miami. I know he had been mentioned as maybe a possibility for AU.

That's disappointing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR said:

He was 1 of our top 2 targets for the 2nd RB in the class.

A bit disappointing to hear about Riley and Waller, but considering for the last two or three years we haven't even been in the top 50 at this point, we seem to be in a good spot.

image.jpeg

Edited by AUwent