2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Nice @ list!!

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:49 AM, Mikey said:

I wouldn't. He's in a great spot at Oregon. If he came back to Auburn the first time he "only" passed for three TD's and 290 yards the same haters would be all over him again. He already holds AU's all-time total offense record and consecutive passes without an interception record. (did that twice) Those accomplishments brought him nothing but a bunch of haters. I don't think Bo Nix is stupid enough to come back here.

Problem with Bo was he wasn’t a good teammate. He was young. Had zero leadership from Gus or anyone on the offensive side ball on how to handle things. Pathetic. Glad he’s got it together up north. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

All you need to know about Harsin in one sentence!

Paging Pete Thamel, Rece Davis and Matt Hayes...

Edited by AUwent

AU one of 'top priority' programs for Rivals250 RB

Auburn's got one running back in its 2024 class.

The Tigers are trying to add another in .

Hailing from Northport, Alabama, in Tuscaloosa County, Riley made the trip across the state Saturday to catch Auburn's A-Day game. It was his second time visiting, but first since last fall.

"Today was good. It was fun coming down here visiting for a second time," Riley said. "I came down here once during the season when they played Arkansas. I didn’t get to view the facilities as much, but now that I’m down here, I get a chance to see everything for myself, so I’m excited about today."

Kevin Riley visited Auburn for A-Day on Saturday. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Three schools are currently sticking out the most to Riley: Alabama, Georgia and Auburn. The Tigers have made the Rivals250 running back a priority and he appreciates that.

"It feels good, because it’s letting me know they’re giving me an opportunity to come and play here," Riley said. "It means a lot to me while a lot of recruiting is going on."

There are several people involved in recruiting Riley. On the coaching side, head coach Hugh Freeze and running backs' coach Carnell Williams.

"Coach Cadillac, he’s a fun guy," Riley said. "He makes sure he stays in touch with me over the phone and everything. Meeting him in person is just exciting, he’s a fun guy to be around."

Another key recruiter has been J'Marion Burnette, Auburn's current 2024 running back commit.

"That’s my homeboy, we chop it up over the phone," Riley said. "He lets me know that Auburn needs me and now that he’s here, I’ll be looking at Auburn a lot more."

6'0" | 195 lbs | RB | 2024

Alabama, Georgia and Auburn are currently the "top priorities" for Riley and he hopes to return to the Plains in the near future.

"I will most definitely be visiting soon," Riley said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Four-star Alabama commit takes A-Day visit

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Alabama commit Sterling Dixon was in Auburn Saturday.

The four-star linebacker has been hearing from the Tigers often, as Hugh Freeze and company are working to flip the Mobile, Alabama, native. Right now, the effort is paying off, at least for getting him on campus.

"They’re definitely trying, they’re making it hard on Alabama," Dixon said. "They’re definitely doing that. I love what Coach Freeze is doing, I love what Coach Aldridge is doing and it’s crazy. Auburn is definitely gonnabe a great school."

Dixon committed to Alabama several months ago, but has since visited the Plains twice. A-Day was his latest trip, and from the moment he arrived, he was all smiles.

"As soon as I walked in, [Josh Aldridge] was excited to see me," Dixon said. "He gave me a big hug and just really welcomed me and my family. We just felt good about it. I came here with a big smile on my face and I really enjoyed the visit."

Aldridge, who's the Tigers' linebackers' coach, is recruiting Dixon hard, as is head coach Hugh Freeze.

"He’s very family-oriented. He calls my dad, he calls me, makes sure we’re good," Dixon said. "It’s a big deal when a head coach is calling you. A lot of head coaches don’t do that. Try to be close to your family and just check on you each and every day. I mean, it’s a blessing and I appreciate it."

Auburn is still behind Alabama for the linebacker, but not by much.

"It’s super close, they’re definitely trying to get me so it’s crazy," Dixon said. "It’s definitely a change and I honestly love what they’re doing."

Dixon isn't sure when he'll be back, but one thing will work in Auburn's favor.

"They’re definitely gonna get an official (visit)," Dixon said.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 1:03 AM, AUwent said:

Paging Pete Thamel, Rece Davis and Matt Hayes...

Who gives a damn what those losers think 

Edited by woodford
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Auburn 'high on the charts' for Rivals250 TE

had been hearing a lot about Auburn.

Mostly from tight ends coach Ben Aigamaua, which led Jackson to visit Auburn for the Tigers' A-Day game Saturday. Although rain was in the forecast for the entire day, Jackson decided to still show up and check it out.

"[Aigamaua]’s been telling me all about it and I wanted to see it for myself," Jackson said. "Really wanted to see what Coach Freeze got going on. Pretty good program, I like it."

Amir Jackson visited Auburn for A-Day Saturday. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Auburn is pursuing Jackson, who's listed as a four-star athlete, to play tight end. Aigamaua is recruiting him the most on the staff, and while it had mostly been through text messages, Saturday was a chance to grow the relationship.

"We’re pretty close," Jackson said. "We got more relationship when I came up here, but he texts me every other day, praying for me and stuff like that."

Jackson didn't get to speak much with Freeze during his visit, but did have a takeaway about the head coach.

"Overall, I like how he controls and what he does with the team and stuff," Jackson said.

Other schools in hot pursuit include Miami, Florida, Florida State and Georgia. Where does Auburn sit with Jackson following his A-Day visit?

"Pretty high on the charts," Jackson said. "Like I said, I wanted to see what they had to offer and I liked it. I could see myself coming back."

6'5" | 210 lbs | ATH | 2024

Although he's unsure of when, Jackson would like to plan a return date to Auburn. He plans to start his official visits in June and have a final decision in December.

Jackson is ranked as No. 123 in the Rivals250 rankings and as the 20th-best player in the state of Georgia.

• Haha 1

2025 but it’s happening in 2023 on the Plains 

• Love 2

Disappointed we didn't get a public commit or two from A Day

• Like 3

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Disappointed we didn't get a public commit or two from A Day

I was hoping for it. But this staff is playing the long game as can be seen with players they flipped last year and the type players they are trying to flip in this upcoming class. I hope we get a few in the not to distant future as while I believe in this staff getting a few more saying they are committed never hurts and can help get some others to realize they better announce their commitment before all slots are gone.

I want to get to the point where recruits are fighting to go to Auburn and I believe this staff may do that in the future. Hopefully we look good enough on the field this year to show that Hugh and staff are not just good recruiters but great coaches who can improve players.

We have to start landing some of these guys!

Auburn makes top schools list for four top recruiting targets over A-Day weekend

Cole Pinkston

Photo by Chad Simmons/On3

It was lost in the chaos of Auburn’s A-Day recruiting weekend, but the Tigers made the cut for four of their top recruiting targets. 

And, they were all recruits who sit fairly high on the Tigers’ board for their respective positions. 

The four targets include: 4-star defensive lineman Jeremiah Beaman from Birmingham (Ala.) Parker, 3-star offensive tackle Isaiah Autry from Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba Agricultural School, 3-star defensive lineman Jayden Jackson from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, and 3-star wide receiver NiTareon “Nitro” Tuggle from South Bend (Ind.) Northwood.

Beaman: Top 10

Beaman is the No. 93 overall player in the country, the No. 12 defensive lineman in the country, and the No. 6 player in the state of Alabama according to the On3 Industry Rankings. 

He dropped a top ten of Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Texas a day after visiting Auburn for its A-Day game. 

Beaman gave his second Auburn trip of the spring high remarks again.

“Yeah they (Auburn) will definitely be in it until the end,” Beaman said. “I will definitely come back in the future, and will probably come back for a few games. I’m coming back later on this summer.”

Jackson: Top 12

Jackson is ranked as the No. 540 overall player, the No. 53 defensive lineman, and the No. 74 prospect in Florida according to the On3 Industry Ranking.

He released a top twelve of Auburn, Colorado, Florida, Miami, Nebreska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, and Texas A&M. 

Jackson told Auburn Live that he plans to make it back for a full visit. He visited Auburn during the 2022 season with his teammates on a bus tour.

Autry: Top 5

A significant cut for a top offensive tackle target, Autry trimmed his list to five: Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss. 

Autry is the No. 521 overall prospect in the country, the No. 32 offensive tackle, and the No. 17 player in the state of Mississippi.

On3’s Zach Berry wrote that the in-state Rebels and Auburn seem to be standing above the others.

As of this writing, the in-state prospect has taken seven unofficial visits to Oxford, Miss,” Berry said. “Auburn has hosted him three times. Those two seem to have the inside track right now.”

Tuggle: Top 10

Lastly, Auburn made the cut with Tuggle along with Cincinnati, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, and Penn State

Tuggle ranks as the No. 478 prospect and the No. 82 wide receiver in the country per the On3 Industry Rankings.

He has not yet visited Auburn to our knowledge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Flip him too. 

If we get White Coleman, & Thompson for our passing game in this class I'm gonna be like

Eddie Guerrero GIFs | Tenor

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If we get White Coleman, & Thompson for our passing game in this class I'm gonna be like

And the best HS player in AL gonna reclassify.  3 5* instate WRs for Auburn?

• Love 1

So on one hand, in terms of average player ratings we're like, 6th on On3 and 9th on 247. On the other, I'm disappointed in not getting any commits. And yeah, I can really only hope for a bowl with our current QB room. Unlike Mr. Potato Head, I don't think that Freeze needs a big first year to jumpstart recruiting, though.

Edited by AUwent

Not surprised nobody committed for A-Day, I feel like that hardly ever happens for anybody’s spring game tbh. Guys don’t really commit until the summer and after

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Not surprised nobody committed for A-Day,

@Sizzle Sounds like you are 1 of the few. Staff expected at least 1 but more like 2.

• Sad 1