2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm sure there are ways around the recruits paying

With NIL pretty much a sure thing for these players wherever they go, they (and parents) can bet on what is to come later and make these trips.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@woodfordBecause most recruits are visiting different schools on their Spring breaks regardless of their commit status. Not weird at all. ICYMI we've had many Bama commits visit too.

I know. I’m just being a sarcastic jerk to the Dawgs. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm sure there are ways around the recruits paying

It hasn't been that long ago that Auburn got in trouble for a teacher in Memphis giving a prospect a ride to a game in Auburn. There are ways around most anything but in this case they'd be against NCAA rules.

I'm in the process of arranging travel for a young family member to come to Alabama from the west coast for a visit. The trips this prospect is talking about would cost many thousands of dollars.

Maybe it's just his idle wish list?

Just a heads up. Any posts on individual recruits we already have threads for will be moved to that recruit's thread so the info in those posts are easier to see in their thread & doesn't get lost in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2023 at 12:26 PM, AUDevil said:

Things are going great!  How many commits have we received this month?  Gotta be 4 or 5 right?

I’m going to take credit for the Phat commit…a little passive aggressive nudge was obviously received by the coaching staff which precipitated a commit being announced the same week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t even have to read these articles to know recruiting is going gangbusters. We have to start landing some of these guys in the next few months, right?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Love 2

3 hours ago, toddc said:

I don’t even have to read these articles to know recruiting is going gangbusters. We have to start landing some of these guys in the next few months, right?

We might get one or two around A Day weekend, but I expect the next real spurt will come over the summer when official visits can start. Most of the spring visits are for just recruits to see a little bit of campus while they’re on spring break. They’re not intended for the most part to have a lot of one on one time or to try to get a commitment from top targets.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Most of the spring visits are for just recruits to see a little bit of campus while they’re on spring break. They’re not intended for the most part to have a lot of one on one time or to try to get a commitment from top targets.

It sounds like our coaching staff has utilized Spring visits much more intentionally than that, hopefully resulting in us catching up with the schools that got a head start on us in this cycle.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

It sounds like our coaching staff has utilized Spring visits much more intentionally than that, hopefully resulting in us catching up with the schools that got a head start on us in this cycle.  

@AUpreacherman22did not say nor imply it was not intentional. Just saying these visits are pretty laid-back and allow the players to see the campus and practice without feeling recruiting pressure.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUpreacherman22did not say nor imply it was not intentional. Just saying these visits are pretty laid-back and allow the players to see the campus and practice without feeling recruiting pressure.

Sorry, I didn’t word that well.   I just meant that it seems our coaches are trying to maximize these spring visits to catch up with the field.  

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Hopefully they are better this time around vs all their predictions under the last regime 

• Like 3

Keep them coming coach.!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, toddc said:

I love what I am seeing with all the top quality visitors. I can see this staff is really putting in the work. Last year around this time there was a lot of positives from the beat writers on recruiting and we saw what happened. Because of that I can't get overly excited by this prediction but I am excited by seeing the visitor list everyday.  In the past I have been overly optimistic so I am forcing myself to wait until I actually see the people who are committing. I want to put back on my Orange and Blue glasses but I have been burned to often in last few years.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I love what I am seeing with all the top quality visitors. I can see this staff is really putting in the work. Last year around this time there was a lot of positives from the beat writers on recruiting and we saw what happened. Because of that I can't get overly excited by this prediction but I am excited by seeing the visitor list everyday.  In the past I have been overly optimistic so I am forcing myself to wait until I actually see the people who are committing. I want to put back on my Orange and Blue glasses but I have been burned to often in last few years.

I’m in the same boat! Missouri on the recruiting and play on the field.

• Like 1

The difference is night and day IMO….I see Auburn actually overachieving in recruiting this cycle…the effort and passion from the entire staff is way better than Harsin, and the brand of football Freeze will put on the field will help seal the deal. 

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I don’t ever remember beat writers being excited about recruiting under Harsin. Especially this time a year ago in the wake of the investigation.

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don’t ever remember beat writers being excited about recruiting under Harsin. Especially this time a year ago in the wake of the investigation.

I mean the proof is in the pudding. If guys want to still be cautious on them. Recruiting was never the question with this bunch , it’s whether we could consistently get over the top. That remains to be seen in feeeze’s tenure (and yes I know Auburn is different than ole miss/Liberty). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean the proof is in the pudding. If guys want to still be cautious on them. Recruiting was never the question with this bunch , it’s whether we could consistently get over the top. That remains to be seen in feeeze’s tenure (and yes I know Auburn is different than ole miss/Liberty). 

Keep in mind AU is different than Ole Miss and Liberty 

• Haha 1