2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Sizzle Sounds like you are 1 of the few. Staff expected at least 1 but more like 2.

That's what it sounded like, which is why there's still some concern...why didn't we get any?

Edited by AUwent

36 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That's what it sounded like, which is why there's still some concern...why didn't we get any?

@AUwent No concern. Just unexpected.

Decommitting from a powerhouse school will take some real backbone. They better be serious about it because it will cause chaos for them and their family. 

If they commit, I want it to be a done deal not a drama fest. 100% or not at all until they are sure about it. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Sizzle Sounds like you are 1 of the few. Staff expected at least 1 but more like 2.

I’m not worried I’m sure those guys will commit at some point but Spring game public commitments hardly ever happen

Edited by Sizzle

Family feel intrigues Mississippi DT

Terrance Hibbler said he was blown away by how friendly everyone was at Auburn last weekend. (Jay G. Tate/AuburnSports.com)

made his maiden voyage to Auburn last weekend.

It’s a trip he won’t soon forget.

The four-star defensive tackle arrived Saturday night and toured campus with an emphasis on the new Woltosz Football Performance Center. Hibbler liked everything he saw, but the most memorable thing wasn’t a building or a presentation.

“How friendly everybody is,” said Hibbler, who attends Holmes County High School in Lexington, Miss. “When I got here … everybody already knew who I was and all. It’s love.”

He’s already spent time visiting Texas, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and a handful of other Power 5 programs with an eye on making a commitment this summer. He was coy when asked by a reporter to identify his top choices so far, but said Auburn is “on the list” before stopping himself from saying more.

“It’s lit up here,” he said with a smile. “I like everything (here). They make me feel like family over here, so I like it.”

Hibbler said he’s planning to visit Auburn again before committing.

Great to see so many high level recruits be excited about the vibe at AU. Also happy to see recruits snapshots showing them in front of our new amazing facility. It seems like before that facility was complete our recruit pics had them standing in an open field or something. 😅

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

• Like 1

We’ve got a good chance of landing this kid and I think he’s going to keep raising his stock in 2023 season.

• Thanks 1

White coming at you in Spanish! What a recruiter for the good guys.

• Haha 1

Man, WW is an absolute beast on the recruiting trail!!!!   And I though Freeze and Caddy were good!😂

He’s going to make a difference!!!  Freeze thinks he has all the tools to be a franchise QB!  He seems to check all the intangibles boxes to me!!!    Tangibles are pretty good too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Man, WW is an absolute beast on the recruiting trail!!!!   And I though Freeze and Caddy were good!😂

He’s going to make a difference!!!  Freeze thinks he has all the tools to be a franchise QB!  He seems to check all the intangibles boxes to me!!!    Tangibles are pretty good too!

Saw a ranking somewhere that had the top ten qbs and he was at number seven I believe.

Auburn latest to offer Antonio White

Last month, visited Auburn.

He left without an offer from the Tigers, but felt that he was close to earning one.

Earlier this week, nearly a month removed from his visit, Auburn reached out and extended an offer to the 2024 prospect out of Lilburn, Georgia. The Tigers became his 20th overall offer and fourth out of the SEC.

"When I got the offer, I was very happy, I was excited. It was a dream come true," White said.

Antonio White picked up the Auburn offer Monday. (Rivals.com)

White visited Auburn on March 13 alongside his Parkview High teammate, .

"It was a wonderful visit, everybody showed me some love," White said. "They made me feel like I was already part of the team."

Since then, Auburn's kept in touch with White. He's been in contact mostly with linebackers' coach Josh Aldridge and secondary coach Wesley McGriff, talking with the two several times a week.

"[McGriff]’s a wonderful guy to be around," White said. "I feel like he’ll teach me right from wrong, he’ll keep it real with me everytime. He won’t tell me a lie."

Although White can play offense and defense, Auburn's recruiting him to be a defensive back.

"I feel like they’re gonna put me in the right way to go so I can get to the league," White said. "They’ll put me on the right track."

6'2" | 165 lbs | WR | 2024

Outside of Auburn, White said that Texas A&M, Louisville, Rutgers and Mississippi State are the programs currently in contact with him the most. He plans to narrow down schools to a top 10 around the time of Parkview's spring game.

"[Auburn] gonna be in the top 10 for sure," White said. "I just love the environment, I love being around there. They make me feel like I’m a special person that they want to recruit. They make it feel like it’s already home."

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

Decommitting from a powerhouse school will take some real backbone. They better be serious about it because it will cause chaos for them and their family. 

If they commit, I want it to be a done deal not a drama fest. 100% or not at all until they are sure about it. 

What do you mean? I’m not following the whole chaos thing?

13 hours ago, woodford said:

What do you mean? I’m not following the whole chaos thing?

Exhibit A- REC (Red Elephant Club) Tuscaloosa's very own Seal Team 6

They go after the High school coaches, School Admins, Aunts, Uncles, Mom and Dads. 

Have you been hiding under a rock or something?? LOL just messing with you. But, We've all heard a thousand stories of how they and also other schools (just dont know their booster club name) get on these kids if there is any inkling they are going to switch after committing. Especially our rival. 

Remember the kid from I think Louisiana that committed to the bamzos and Mom walked out on live TV? Talk about coming out of nowhere and despite what Mom wanted, they convinced the kid to do otherwise and she didn't even know about it. That's how sneaky they are. They didn't even honor what the mom wanted, and neither did he for that matter. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, toddc said:

We’ve got a good chance of landing this kid and I think he’s going to keep raising his stock in 2023 season.

Seems to like Florida. You think we got a real chance here? I really like this kid a lot!!

19 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Seems to like Florida. You think we got a real chance here? I really like this kid a lot!!

Just looking at the predictions we have the best chance to get him by a wide margin. Don’t know how accurate these are this early though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

Just looking at the predictions

There are no predictions yet. Right now it's the algorythm of data based on visits and social media interaction. I agree with AUC. This has a Florida feel tight now.

1 hour ago, AUnCullman said:

When it’s an in state recruit we’re always going to have a chance no matter who  the coach Is. Now actually getting the recruits is a whole other story 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUnCullman said:

They go after the High school coaches, School Admins, Aunts, Uncles, Mom and Dads. 

Have you been hiding under a rock or something?? LOL just messing with you. But, We've all heard a thousand stories of how they and also other schools (just dont know their booster club name) get on these kids if there is any inkling they are going to switch after committing. Especially our rival. 

Remember the kid from I think Louisiana that committed to the bamzos and Mom walked out on live TV? Talk about coming out of nowhere and despite what Mom wanted, they convinced the kid to do otherwise and she didn't even know about it. That's how sneaky they are. They didn't even honor what the mom wanted, and neither did he for that matter. 

I believe you and I'm sure those things happen but we're in a new era + Saban is on his way out. I don't think it's quite like the mafia. Auburn will pay in NIL and boosters will pay under the table if need be. We finally have a cohesive program. It's going to be quite difficult to stop or slow down Auburn at this point. Think early Gus, we recruited at a high level and competed with Alabama. Didn't win every game but nearly every home IB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

It was Landon Collins….and it really wasn’t shocking, a lot of people thought he would pick Bama over LSU.   If I was a player like him at that time I’d put my future in  Saban and Smart’s hands over Les Miles for sure.  

His mom was salty because she is a HUGE LSU fan and he is from the BR area.  It also wasn’t her decision to make, it was his….and as much as I hate Bama he made the right decision for himself. 

When his brother Gerald Willis committed to UF, she got upset then too.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

It was Landon Collins….and it really wasn’t shocking, a lot of people thought he would pick Bama over LSU.   If I was a player like him at that time I’d put my future in  Saban and Smart’s hands over Les Miles for sure.  

His mom was salty because she is a HUGE LSU fan and he is from the BR area.  It also wasn’t her decision to make, it was his….and as much as I hate Bama he made the right decision for himself. 

When his brother Gerald Willis committed to UF, she got upset then too.  

She had already taken $

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1