2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

I’ve been saying for a while now that Bo would do big things in this offense with our new line. I’d back a brinks truck of NIL to his house.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

Be really dumb for Bo to return; quite frankly, it is time for both parties to move on. Oregon and the PAC is the perfect place for Bo.

Is this a serious thing or just internet fodder? First I've heard of it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is this a serious thing or just internet fodder? First I've heard of it

That’s a good question and it is very random 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Did you know he was at the national championship game and took a picture with Cam?

Really? They should have released some pictures of that...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Glad that relationship was mended…..now can Pat get Bo to transfer back?  😂

I wouldn't. He's in a great spot at Oregon. If he came back to Auburn the first time he "only" passed for three TD's and 290 yards the same haters would be all over him again. He already holds AU's all-time total offense record and consecutive passes without an interception record. (did that twice) Those accomplishments brought him nothing but a bunch of haters. I don't think Bo Nix is stupid enough to come back here.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AUwent said:

Posted on Rant, TIFWIW:

"J Lee spoke about Ryan Williams and apparently he is taking a hard look at us now. Last regime invited him to a game and Harsin never even acknowledged him on the sidelines, nice way to treat your invited guest. He said they must not care and bama certainly did so he committed there, but it is apparently a whole new appreciation with Freeze and the coach has made that abundantly clear to Ryan and his father who was a darn good player for us."

Remember when the excuse was "he'll be fine, he just needs to build relationships to recruit well"  

lmao

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Remember when the excuse was "he'll be fine, he just needs to build relationships to recruit well"  

lmao

Little did we know at the time he didnt care about building relationships, or even have a hand at recruiting at all. He directed all recruiting stuff to the off field recruiting staff.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Little did we know at the time he didnt care about building relationships, or even have a hand at recruiting at all. He directed all recruiting stuff to the off field recruiting staff.

And everything was white washed by mods on recruiting sites who got hats thrown to them.

• Like 1

First Bo, now Harsin. Auburn fans are a glutton for punishment. Now we just need to talk about Gus to complete the trifecta for this current recruiting thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Auburn makes top group for Tampa Catholic 4-star WR

ByCHRISTIAN CLEMENTE Apr 3, 11:50 AM

Down to a baker's dozen, 4-star wide receiver Terrance Moore included Auburn in his top group on Monday, despite not visiting the Plains yet. The previous Auburn staff was actually one of Moore's first offers before blowing up on the recruiting scene and now holding offers from all the big schools across the country. 

Moore also included Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Texas A&M, LSU, Florida, Penn State, Colorado, Tennessee, USC, Miami and Pitt in his top group.

Once Marcus Davis was hired as a part of Hugh Freeze's inaugural staff, Moore was quick to be re-offered. Moore was set to visit Auburn for one of its spring practices last week, but was unable to make it.

Top StoriesREAD MOREPredicting college football's Cinderella teamsof 2023

At 6-foot-3 and 190 pounds, Moore fits the billing for what Freeze and Davis have heavily targeted in the 2024 cycle for receivers with a big frame and big catch radius. 

With former Auburn wide receiver Jeris McIntyre the head coach at Tampa Catholic and producing talented players year in and year out, the new Auburn staff is looking to build a pipeline there with the McIntyre connection and Cadillac Williams' connection to the Tampa area.

In the Class of 2024 Auburn currently holds four commitments, all being inside the Top247 in quarterback Walker White, running back J'Marion Burnette and defensive backs A'Mon Lane and Jayden Lewis. Auburn's class is currently No. 22 in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings.

1COMMENTS

Wide receiver is expected to be a priority position for Auburn in the cycle.

247Sports scouting report on Moore:

"A big-play wide receiver with exceptional hands. Burst onto the scene as a junior, catching 42 passes for 1,021 yards (24.3 average) and 13 touchdowns in one of the Sunshine State’s higher classifications. Explosive tendencies as a route runner as he can quickly stack defensive backs with his initial burst before shaking them with sharp cuts and decisive turns. Junior highlight tape is full of circus grabs including multiple one-handed snags. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder and does a nice job of running underneath deep shots. Size hasn’t been verified, but in-person evaluation suggests that’s over 6-foot-3. Could always improve top-end speed, but has shown that he can pull away from defenders on Friday nights. Younger for his grade and won’t turn 18 years old until he’s in college should he enroll early at the school of his choice. Should be viewed as a potential WR1 at the Power Five level given body control, run-after-catch capability and trusted mitts. Likely to thrive in an offense that wants to attack the deeper third and let its wideouts cook."

• Like 1

Do we have a list of the ADay visitors yet?  I have seen a lot of names thrown around but it’s hard to keep up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Do we have a list of the ADay visitors yet?  I have seen a lot of names thrown around but it’s hard to keep up. 

@AEAugirlyes but they are behind a pay wall on the work AU recruiting reporters have done themselves contacting recruits. AU will give the sites a formal list Friay. When that happens, someone can post it, even if it's behind a pay wall.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Our 4 commits will be here.

5-star safety KJ Bolden from Buford, GA

Some expected 5* that are committed else where

Bama WR Commit Perry Thompson
Georgia linebacker commit Demarcus Riddick
linebacker Jordan Ross
2025 linebacker Zayden Walker
Alabama wide receiver commit Ryan Williams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Take 2: Who would be Auburn's biggest get at offensive tackle for 2024?

Keith Niebuhr•about 1 hour

Offensive tackle Daniel Calhoun; Photo by Jeremy Johnson/On3

Welcome to Take 2, where Auburn Live’s Cole Pinkston and Keith Niebuhr give their thoughts on Auburn football recruiting. Today’s topic: Who would be Auburn’s biggest get at offensive tackle for 2024 and why?

Here are their choices …

COLE PINKSTON: The offensive tackle group nationally is very spread out. When looking at the main recruiting ground for Auburn, it’s not quite is loaded with quantity as it can be.

Whether or not that is true, Daniel Calhoun of Marietta (Ga.) Walton would be a top guy no matter what the class looked like around him. Yes, his location matters for Auburn, but he would be a top target regardless. He’s that good.

At 6-foot-6 and 350 pounds, Calhoun doesn’t have the appearance of a prototypical tackle, but he has the feet, he has the length, and he can play on an island.

Being able to block without the help of a double team/combo block is a big deal at tackle as well. Calhoun has that covered.

I believe Auburn has an uphill climb to have a legitimate shot. The Tigers though, have gone from a non-factor to a rising factor at least. That’s positive movement with plenty of time left to make an impression on Calhoun. The need for Auburn at his position could play a big role as well.

For me, Calhoun is the easiest choice for a top guy at a specific position on the entire Auburn recruiting board.

One big-name pick; one sleeper as Auburn’s biggest get

KEITH NIEBUHR: Okay, initially I was going to pick Calhoun. Why not? He’s a top-100 prospect after all and is fresh off a visit to Auburn. Then, I shifted to Jonathan Daniels, the 4-star tackle from Pensacola (Fla.) Pine Forest. He visited the Tigers earlier this year and likely will be back. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to pick someone with whom I think Auburn has better odds of landing.

Yes, Auburn seems to be improving its standing with Calhoun. But until he officially visits the Tigers, I wouldn’t get too excited. After all, it wasn’t that long ago he didn’t have Auburn in his top 10. With Daniels, I liked Auburn’s odds better in January then I do now. So many programs have entered the mix, it’s just too difficult to know which way he’s leaning.

So while I love both of these guys as players, I’m going with Jac’Qawn McRoy of Clay-Chalkville (Ala.). He’s also a 4-star recruit. And if we’re being completely honest — and I’d like to think we tell the truth around here — his 6-foot-8, 340-pound frame probably is the best piece of clay in this group. His video is solid, too, in case you were wondering. And as Cole wrote just Tuesday, “Auburn is still a major factor.”

The state of Alabama isn’t great this cycle for offensive linemen. When you have one of this level, you need to sign him if you’re Auburn. So to me, he’d be the most important get. The biggest get if you will. For starters, he has the body and the skillset. But also, he’s right in your backyard and you have a significant need at his position.

He’s the type of player Auburn can’t let get away.

McRoy I believe has visited the Tigers a couple times already this year. If he keeps returning, we’ll know there is continued mutual interest.

The Calhoun file …

-No. 5 OT in the country; No. 74 recruit nationally, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

-Georgia is the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine favorite.

-Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee have secured official visits. Auburn has not.

The McRoy file …

-No. 16 OT in the country.

-He has no known official visits scheduled yet.

-Has made two known visits to Auburn this year.

• Thanks 1

Playing the looong game baby!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Playing the looong game baby!

This dude has already been enrolled at 4 high schools and he’s only a sophomore this year. Rumor is his dad is constantly looking for the highest bidder   or the best deal. 

Edited by rophle
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, rophle said:

This dude has already been enrolled at 4 high schools and he’s only a sophomore this year. Rumor is his dad is constantly looking for the highest bidder   or the best deal. 

Thank you.

No

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Mainland High in Daytona has been a powerhouse program in Fl. for a while plus his Dad has coached at Bethune-Cookman for a number of years I believe

• Like 3