Zeek

• Like 1
  • Love 2

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Is he 6-6 or 6-2?

After the Dumas situation we need to get it right before proceeding. 😅

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, toddc said:

Need a big season out of Fairweather.  Would hate to lose a top TE that is so close to us to Lane

• Like 1

Is the overall expectation for this class still a top 15 finish? Given that we had top 20 classes by MOST metrics even under Potato, I feel like top 15 is a completely fair expectation. The last month and a half have justifiably been about the TP, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting a tiny bit antsy seeing other schools getting highly rated commits the last couple weeks--and Zeek's most recent update makes me a bit uncertain.

Just for fun, here is a list of recruiting rankings the last few years. Note that "overall" means HS + TP--247 introduced this separate category starting in '22.

HS rec ranking  Avg HS rec rating Ovrl rec ranking Avg ovrl rec rating

2021         19                       20

2022         21                       18                           21                       19

2023         18                       20                          18                       17

2024*        32                       9

On3

Rec ranking       Avg rec rating

2021           21                       21

2022           16                       14

2023           17                        17

2024*         15.                       7

*As of 5/28/23. Perhaps most encouraging is how high our average rating is for this class.

Edited by AUwent

• Like 3

And people told me repeatedly that Beamer wouldn't be any good

We're off to a good start, but the finish will be special, IMO

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And people told me repeatedly that Beamer wouldn't be any good

We're off to a good start, but the finish will be special, IMO

I would be okay if Freeze's first two years mirror Beamer's.

That said, IDK how high we would finish if every current On3 player forecast were correct. We're favored with Coleman and Phillips, but outside of that?

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

That said, IDK how high we would finish if every current On3 player forecast were correct. We're favored with Coleman and Phillips, but outside of that?

Big Cat Weekend should tell us a whole lot more.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 2:47 PM, AUwent said:

Is the overall expectation for this class still a top 15 finish?

@AUwent At least.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

Big Cat Weekend should tell us a whole lot more.

Before then, the June OVs will tell us more in many cases.

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U got a gut feel on who commits next?

No but I think we get a commit or 2 from the June OV season.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

No but I think we get a commit or 2 from the June OV season.

I hope so. We need some positive momentum on the high school recruiting front to go along with recent portal success

• Like 4

17 hours ago, AUwent said:

Guy's O/U is 6 wins this year. I hope it goes a lot better.

Would be nice to play in the worst east in 40 years and Clemson in a downfall

Edited by W.E.D

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Guy's O/U is 6 wins this year. I hope it goes a lot better.

Would be nice to play in the worst east in 40 years and Clemson in a downfall

Screw the SEC if they just make everyone play the teams in their current division, permanent cross div opponent, and Texas (if in the west) or Oklahoma (if in the east).

Edited by AUwent

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Screw the SEC if they just make everyone play the teams in their current division, permanent cross div opponent, and Texas (if in the west) or Oklahoma (if in the east).

Gonna be 7 random teams.  Gonna be a lot of complaining about hard/easy years and schedules 

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Gonna be 7 random teams.  Gonna be a lot of complaining about hard/easy years and schedules 

It sounds like 8 games is only for '24 and '25 (not that I like it, if they go the direction I think they will). I would be FLOORED if they didn't start the 9 game schedule in '26.

Maybe it's just because of the era I got into CFB, but I preferred it when even years were more favorable.

Edited by AUwent

Either HF is going to do something no other AU coach has done and that is steal top talent from Uat and Uga, or he is about to learn the same tough lesson that all other AU coaches have suffered through for years. 
I appreciate that he wants to bring in the top talent in HS to AU and this is what we all want as fans. I can’t say I have ever seen AU focus so much time on kids that are already committed to our rivals. 
I guess it doesn’t hurt to try. 

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I can’t say I have ever seen AU focus so much time on kids that are already committed to our rivals. 
I guess it doesn’t hurt to try. 

Agreed. I feel like their approach is more effective than that of past staffs though. For one thing they are getting these kids on campus multiple times. And when they get them there they have more to show off than an oversized scoreboard. We finally have state of the art facilities to show off in line with our rivals. Finally, our head coach is also working the phones with recruits and families 24/7, also in line with what Saban and Kirby do. It is refreshing to see. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed. I feel like their approach is more effective than that of past staffs though. For one thing they are getting these kids on campus multiple times. And when they get them there they have more to show off than an oversized scoreboard. We finally have state of the art facilities to show off in line with our rivals. Finally, our head coach is also working the phones with recruits and families 24/7, also in line with what Saban and Kirby do. It is refreshing to see. 

Not to mention the flips CHF got last cycle, albeit not elite, he’s shown he can do it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

. I can’t say I have ever seen AU focus so much time on kids that are already committed to our rivals. 

That is probably why we haven't had much success against these rivals.

• Love 1