2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

HF is going to do something no other AU coach has done and that is steal top talent from Uat and Uga

There have been multiple coaches that did this.   Probably literally all except Harsin

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There have been multiple coaches that did this. 

It's been pretty rare since Saban and Kirby have been at their current jobs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It's been pretty rare since Saban and Kirby have been at their current jobs.

It's happens enough to make a difference.  There are players littered in our line ups over the last 15 years that Saban wanted.  This board is convinced Harsin stole Woodyard from Bama on NSD. Derrick Brown/Marlon Davidson in the same class.  Cobb last year.  Can point to kids in almost every class

Are we ever going to out recruit them annually?  Probably not, but claiming getting guys UGA/Bama want is something no coach at Auburn has ever done is something so extreme that if I said it 100% of the board would s*** themselves rushing to tell me I'm negative 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's happens enough to make a difference.  There are players littered in our line ups over the last 15 years that Saban wanted.  This board is convinced Harsin stole Woodyard from Bama on NSD. Derrick Brown/Marlon Davidson in the same class.  Cobb last year.  Can point to kids in almost every class

Are we ever going to out recruit them annually?  Probably not, but claiming getting guys UGA/Bama want is something no coach at Auburn has ever done is something so extreme that if I said it 100% of the board would s*** themselves rushing to tell me I'm negative 

I think I posted this, but if not I apologize: I was referring to how much time we are spending going after kids that are already committed to them. I can’t think of hardly any kids they truly wanted that have dropped either of those Auburn after they are committed. Can you? 
That was my point. I have never seen us spend so much time on kids that are already committed. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think I posted this, but if not I apologize: I was referring to how much time we are spending going after kids that are already committed to them. I can’t think of hardly any kids they truly wanted that have dropped either of those Auburn after they are committed. Can you? 
That was my point. I have never seen us spend so much time on kids that are already committed. 

Everyone here swears Bamd didn't drop Woodyard and elite recruiter Bryan Harsin ripped him from Saban.

Outside two WR that are committed to Bama I honestly haven't noticed a ton we're trying to flip,  but that's me not noticing.

Bama...Perry Thompson, Sterling Dixon

UGA...Riddick??

I don't see others

Edited by W.E.D

Jaylen MBakwe is a receiver but recruited for defensive back. Alabumma commit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Everybody wanted Tank too, UGA fought like hell to get him. There’s definitely a little bit of revisionist history going on

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, toddc said:

Jaylen MBakwe is a receiver but recruited for defensive back. Alabumma commit.

So like 4 total?  Doesn't seem like we're spending most of our time on committed kids

I want to steal someone from each right before signing day in the same fashion as Calloway, Yeldon, Foster, or Cyrus K.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So like 4 total?  Doesn't seem like we're spending most of our time on committed kids

Did someone say “most of the time “?

If so I didn’t see it. Saw someone say we’re spending a lot of time on it which is totally fine. Don’t forget the flips last cycle from Ohio State, which is no slouch, and others.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

Did someone say “most of the time “?

If so I didn’t see it. Saw someone say we’re spending a lot of time on it which is totally fine. Don’t forget the flips last cycle from Ohio State, which is no slouch, and others.

Sorry, someone said "so much time" and other discussed lamented on how much time we're spending on committed kids.

I don't think 4 is really "too many".  I don't have any issue with who we're recruiting at the moment

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I want to steal someone from each right before signing day in the same fashion as Calloway, Yeldon, Foster, or Cyrus K.

Auburn stole Kayin Lee from Ohio State just last cycle

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

There have been multiple coaches that did this.   Probably literally all except Harsin

Well, in his defense Harsin did as little as possible ... and he was damn good at it too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

There’s definitely a little bit of revisionist history going on

And the other end is over exagerrating it as well. On the whole we land about 1 recruit per year, per team, that Bama or UGA want. That's more on the rare side that littering our roster with IMO.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And the other end is over exagerrating it as well. On the whole we land about 1 recruit per year, per team, that Bama or UGA want. That's more on the rare side that littering our roster with IMO.

First off, it was stated "no coach" has ever gotten players Bama/UGA wanted.  
Second, no one has argued we're "littering our roster" with players Bama/UGA wanted.

That's creating a strawman no one is arguing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Who said that? 

You?

"HF is going to do something no other AU coach has done and that is steal top talent from Uat and Uga"

Semantics and hyperbole everywhere in this thread. Can’t we all just get along. 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Semantics and hyperbole everywhere in this thread. Can’t we all just get along. 😝 

Who says we aren't getting along?

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

You?

"HF is going to do something no other AU coach has done and that is steal top talent from Uat and Uga"

Yep I know. I was actually being sarcastic but my Gif did not post for some reason. Haha (talk about a backfire)

oh well. Yes, you are right. We have won a few battles. Hopefully we can win more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

And Daron Reed from LSU as well 

Yes but the original discussion point was specifically Bama & UGA. Beating tOSU for Southern recruits & LSU for recruits outside of Louisiana, while great, is not the same difficulty level of beating Bama & UGA for recruits.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes but the original discussion point was specifically Bama & UGA. Beating tOSU for Southern recruits & LSU for recruits outside of Louisiana, while great, is not the same difficulty level of beating Bama & UGA for recruits.

Gotta learn to crawl b4 you walk

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Auburn stole Kayin Lee from Ohio State just last cycle

Good win, but I got no beef with the OSU coaching staff…would love to troll Kirby right down to signing day.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 12:57 PM, gr82b4au said:

I was wondering if this is part of CHF playing the long game in this new environment. An OV for a rival commit today might actually pay dividends when it comes to the player's 'portal year'. May as well. A few of those relationships are bound to pay off in the future.

• Like 3