Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

38 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

The offense was atrocious but did we make any defensive adjustments to stop Mark? He just straight up shot over anyone we put on him except for one possession where we had Flanagan on him. That blew my mind. They didn’t have another legit scoring threat out there for a solid 10-12 minute stretch. 

They just kept getting Zep or Wendell switched on him. Concerted effort to attack the short dudes in that second half 

• Like 2

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Lol really, mr negativity himself is the only reason I responded to your post. I tell u what, u and the rest of these condescending ***** can have the basketball forum next season 

Some of us call it assessing the reality of what we have. But if you want to continue with the fit throwing and take your ball and go home attitude, that's your perogative.

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

4 baskets the entire second half. My goodness. 

But but “nothing to be ashamed of”,  and there’s a “bright future”!🤮

• Dislike 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Some of us call it assessing the reality of what we have. But if you want to continue with the fit throwing and take your ball and go home attitude, that's your perogative.

Constant negative, constant negative, do u not realize we get ******* tired of it u ******* dumbass. U realize how many good posters have left this board bc of this constant negative bull****. And don't spin some s*** like uve tried to play any kind of middle ground. You have been negative as **** for weeks and it's insufferable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Leave it to abw0004 to come in and throw a little fairy dust on what ended up being a stinky pile of poo.  Nothing to be ashamed of? Bright future?  

Absolutely.  We have Holloway and Philon coming in at two positions of need.  We have seniors who I thank for their effort they put in, but need to give up their reins to the younger guys.  Westry will be back healthy next season and if Tre Donaldson can build upon his March Madness play, we are in for a great season.

I agree with @Maverick.AU, there isn’t a point for all of these grown men to be ranting this hard behind a keyboard.  Our coaches know what went wrong and I trust that they will fix it for next season.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

But but “nothing to be ashamed of”,  and there’s a “bright future”!🤮

No need to be a troll.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Constant negative, constant negative, do u not realize we get ******* tired of it u ******* dumbass. U realize how many good posters have left this board bc of this constant negative bull****. And don't spin some s*** like uve tried to play any kind of middle ground. You have been negative as **** for weeks and it's insufferable

Jees. Now this going to have to get cleaned up, too. But I'm the one being negative. If you can't handle a differing viewpoint, I'm sorry. But I'm not sorry for having one and sharing it. And I'm not the o ly one that sees it that way. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

Absolutely.  We have Holloway and Philon coming in at two positions of need.  We have seniors who I thank for their effort they put in, but need to give up their reins to the younger guys.  Westry will be back healthy next season and if Tre Donaldson can build upon his March Madness play, we are in for a great season.

I agree with @Maverick.AU, there isn’t a point for all of these grown men to be ranting this hard behind a keyboard.  Our coaches know what went wrong and I trust that they will fix it for next season.  

Yep but at this rate I'm ready to let this bunch have full reign over the basketball forum for next year, let it become the cesspool it's already becoming. I won't be apart of it 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Jees. Now this going to have to get cleaned up, too. But I'm the one being negative. If you can't handle a differing viewpoint, I'm sorry. But I'm not sorry for having one and sharing it. And I'm not the o ly one that sees it that way. 

Nope, said something earlier very calmly and u said "I can't help you're blind" that's when my respect for u stopped.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Holloway will help but Philon is another year away. I also am gonna bet we see some of the seniors come back for their covid year. I think this roster will be remarkably similar next year. 

• Sad 1

Nope, said something earlier very calmly and u said "I can't help you're blind" that's when my respect for u stopped.

Accusing me of pushing a false narrative when you didn't have the facts was your version of calm and respectful, but me stating you were blind to these posts that had literally been going on for half the season was your breaking point.

I'm heartbroken for your loss of respect. But mine went out the door for you when you couldn't have a single reply without whipping out multiple curse words. 

Just listened to Bruce's after game interview. He said "I'll be recruiting tonight". He damn well better. A statement like that means he knows he needs to get better players. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Accusing me of pushing a false narrative when you didn't have the facts was your version of calm and respectful, but me stating you were blind to these posts that had literally been going on for half the season was your breaking point.

I'm heartbroken for your loss of respect. But mine went out the door for you when you couldn't have a single reply without whipping out multiple curse words. 

And I was bc I had other life s*** going on, u can put me on your ignore list and take over the basketball forum for all I care. Let it become the cesspool it's becoming with the people posting here now 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep but at this rate I'm ready to let this bunch have full reign over the basketball forum for next year, let it become the cesspool it's already becoming. I won't be apart of it 

Nah you keep doing you my man.  We appreciate everything you do for the basketball forum.  It’s exhausting for me to keep up with the football game threads, so I can’t even imagine how you do the basketball threads.

Posters are heated because of the loss.  But I might suggest for you and @KansasTiger just to take a step back and take a breather.  You are both cool dudes and the game is not worth busting a good relationship over.  

• Love 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

Nah you keep doing you my man.  We appreciate everything you do for the basketball forum.  It’s exhausting for me to keep up with the football game threads, so I can’t even imagine how you do the basketball threads.

Posters are heated because of the loss.  But I might suggest for you and @KansasTiger just to take a step back and take a breather.  You are both cool dudes and the game is not worth busting a good relationship over.  

Nah I'm really done, this bunch over her, I can't handle it anymore they can't have it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Holloway will help but Philon is another year away. I also am gonna bet we see some of the seniors come back for their covid year. I think this roster will be remarkably similar next year. 

Jaylin can come back. But Flanigan? I will call for Bruce's job if he lets that happen, LOL.

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Jaylin can come back. But Flanigan? I will call for Bruce's job if he lets that happen, LOL.

I think it’s time for Flan to try the NBA/G-League.  It’s really now or never for him.  I don’t see another year at Auburn helping him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nah I'm really done, this bunch over her, I can't handle it anymore they can't have it

Well, we could always use your game threads over on the Nest side!  Come try it out!

• Thanks 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

Well, we could always use your game threads over on the Nest side!  Come try it out!

After everything with this site over the last few years I'm definitely not giving it money. I've been here over a decade and it's just got worse and worse 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

After everything with this site over the last few years I'm definitely not giving it money. I've been here over a decade and it's just got worse and worse 

In my opinion, it’s partly because a lot of good posters only stay on that side now for that very reason.  It’s worth a try?

• Thanks 1

Just now, alexava said:

I haven’t read any of this thread. Why doesn’t Donaldson get more minutes? sorry if already discussed 

Well everything has been discussed at this point lol, but yeah, that’s been a head scratcher for sure. 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Thats fair. I'll take your advice. I'm actually not that heated, but what got me heated was the amount of name calling and cursing from Mav when I didn't once do that to him. I'd go back and count how many if half the posts weren't deleted.

Look. We all want Auburn to win in the end. WDE and I'll see yall later.

• Like 1

Just now, alexava said:

I haven’t read any of this thread. Why doesn’t Donaldson get more minutes? sorry if already discussed 

He should have played way earlier in the 2nd half than Bruce allowed. He actually runs the offense.