Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Should I have cussed u, no, should u have  mockingly called me blind, also no. I get tired of the negativity. Sports are my escape.

Amen brother. And Auburn basketball is our escape. The football forum has already been overridden with negativity for years. And I def am guilty of it and have contributed to it last year and at the end of the Gus era. Don’t want that to happen to the basketball forum. But this year looked more and more like football threads and it fuggin suuuuuucked.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That may be generous 

Think people overrate beard a little. He fell off and didn’t reach 20 wins again at tech after an elite 8 and natty appearance. A year after our final 4 Bruce won 25 games. 

75B56C3D-F8AC-4C1A-95D5-F941E7A8CDA8.png

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Abw …can’t help himself , interjecting when there is no need to, being a self  mediator. It always work itself out now. Just passion after a tough loss 

Not ashamed.  Just helping two friends out so they don’t say something they might regret to each other.  Nothing wrong with that.  It cooled off after I talked to both of them.  

Edited by abw0004

25 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not ashamed.  Just helping two friends out so they don’t say something they might regret to each other.  Nothing wrong with that.  It cooled off after I talked to both of them.  

Haha okay guy.

Also positive toxicity . Look it up one day. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Haha okay guy.

Also positive toxicity . Look it up one day. 

Don’t need to as it doesn’t apply here. No need to try to throw out insults either.

Edited by abw0004

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Don’t need to as it doesn’t apply here. No need to try to throw out insults either.

Oh, it definitely applies. Do you think me saying to look up toxic positivity is an insult? To me, that says more about you than me. It is literally what you did in this thread. 

I find it interesting you have no problem calling out and trying to give awareness to other people's behaviors, yet, you totally reject self-evaluation of yourself. That says a whole lot.

Edited by DAG

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love most of y’all in here. Y’all are like family and my brothers. But this place is absolutely unbearable after a loss. I detest and hate it. It makes me so sad seeing some of the stuff being said. You would think we were having a barbee or Lebo like seasons with the stuff people were saying and trashing our boys. Come on now. For a down year this is still a good season. It raises our floor as a program. I honestly don’t get why people are still so upset. We have known for awhile this wasn’t going to be one of those special teams that would challenge for a sec title or had the horses to go deep in march. It’s been talked about incessantly…. Yet people are still losing their minds. I thought after Thursday this was going to be avoided once we lost our last game. Nope….. of course that is still too much to ask of this place. We still out kicked our coverage this season and did better than what our lack of talent should have dictated.

As has been mentioned many, many times on here... The biggest reason folks is upset over this season is cause  BP did nothing to address the weaknesses on this team from last yr. The weaknesses are so easy to see , even the most casual fan can identify it. This brings up the idea of complacency.  Most sports fans know that complacency gets u left behind in life and sports. That's why it's so frustrating.  You mentioned the lack of talent.. Again, that falls on BP. A coach can win 2 games in a season and "outkick" his coverage if has terrible talent. Getting the most out of your team is only half the battle.  BP was successful in 50% of his job duties this year. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

As has been mentioned many, many times on here... The biggest reason folks is upset over this season is cause  BP did nothing to address the weaknesses on this team from last yr. The weaknesses are so easy to see , even the most casual fan can identify it. This brings up the idea of complacency.  Most sports fans know that complacency gets u left behind in life and sports. That's why it's so frustrating.  You mentioned the lack of talent.. Again, that falls on BP. A coach can win 2 games in a season and "outkick" his coverage if has terrible talent. Getting the most out of your team is only half the battle.  BP was successful in 50% of his job duties this year. 

Yeah you said that better than me but I guess this means negativity, which can’t be expressed on this forum. Only on the football forum. Basketball team has came a long way and still has good standards, but there needs to be some serious tweaking to prevent the mental collapses we have seen this whole year. It is also important to consider the sec as a whole is getting more and more competitive. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh, it definitely applies. Do you think me saying to look up toxic positivity is an insult? To me, that says more about you than me. It is literally what you did in this thread. 

I find it interesting you have no problem calling out and trying to give awareness to other people's behaviors, yet, you totally reject self-evaluation of yourself. That says a whole lot.

Then I would suggest to actually thread this whole thread before commenting next time.  I was already having a conversation with Maverick beforehand.  So I wasn’t interjecting anything.  You were interjecting on the other hand so it is a little hypocritical, don’t you think?

I was simply breaking up the argument  that I saw while having a conversation with Maverick as it was to the breaking point of them losing respect for one another and cursing each other out.

I have no problem with self-reflection. But what you are doing isn’t that, it’s just trying to start something up for no reason.  You aren’t doing anything positive here.  At least I was.  That’s what friends do for one another.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah you said that better than me but I guess this means negativity, which can’t be expressed on this forum. Only on the football forum. Basketball team has came a long way and still has good standards, but there needs to be some serious tweaking to prevent the mental collapses we have seen this whole year. It is also important to consider the sec as a whole is getting more and more competitive. 

Yep, and I know it's beating a dead horse over and over. But the issue of not addressing weaknesses this past off season is so evident.  It's mind boggling really.  But, I guess we all supposed to just pump sunshine and be glad we don't have Barbee and Lebo anymore

• Like 2

concerning bruce he had some health issues as some players as well. but if basketball continues to be a rough as it has gotten we might need some bigger boys. i am not calling our players out but it seemed when the games get rough we get beat up by size. maybe we need a bigger mean streak?

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Then I would suggest to actually thread this whole thread before commenting next time.  I was already having a conversation with Maverick beforehand.  So I wasn’t interjecting anything.  You were interjecting on the other hand so it is a little hypocritical, don’t you think?

I was simply breaking up the argument  that I saw while having a conversation with Maverick as it was to the breaking point of them losing respect for one another and cursing each other out.

I have no problem with self-reflection. But what you are doing isn’t that, it’s just trying to start something up for no reason.  You aren’t doing anything positive here.  At least I was.  That’s what friends do for one another.

Can I interject.... LOL....

The cursing was coming from one side.. And it wasn't KansasTiger 

• Like 2

Just now, abw0004 said:

I am not even talking about maverick. He can do what he likes. I am talking about you. I am talking about the constant be positive guys! No "negative talk," all sunshine and rainbows. This is Toxic positivity. You don't have to acknowledge it. It is clear by the consistent defensive mechanisms you are showing, you do not intend to do it. But again, It speaks volumes how you are quick to point at other people's characteristics, yet I threw out a well psychological phrase, and you are super defensive about it. 

• Facepalm 1

Yep, and I know it's beating a dead horse over and over. But the issue of not addressing weaknesses this past off season is so evident.  It's mind boggling really.  But, I guess we all supposed to just pump sunshine and be glad we don't have Barbee and Lebo anymore

i am one of those that are grateful for bruce and company. i used to watch us go to the NIT and just get killed. i can take the bad with the good because at the end of the day bruce has us relevant and i would never worry about us going down and staying down with him. but i try to keep things simple.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not even talking about maverick. He can do what he likes. I am talking about you. I am talking about the constant be positive guys! No "negative talk," all sunshine and rainbows. This is Toxic positivity. You don't have to acknowledge it. It is clear by the consistent defensive mechanisms you are showing, you do not intend to do it. But again, It speaks volumes how you are quick to point at other people's characteristics, yet I threw out a well psychological phrase, and you are super defensive about it. 

i am guilty of wanting all to be positive as long no one pisses me off.....grins

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i am one of those that are grateful for bruce and company. i used to watch us go to the NIT and just get killed. i can take the bad with the good because at the end of the day bruce has us relevant and i would never worry about us going down and staying down with him. but i try to keep things 

That's cool. But criticism should be allowed as well when warranted

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i am guilty of wanting all to be positive as long no one pisses me off.....grins

Lol fifty that criterion* "as long as no one pisses me off* eliminates toxic positivity. What you did was elicit a very natural response. Thanks for the chuckle buddy. I hope all is well!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lol fifty that criterion* "as long as no one pisses me off* eliminates toxic positivity. What you did was elicit a very natural response. Thanks for the chuckle buddy. I hope all is well!

thank you!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m not being defensive about it.  I am a positive person and also a proactive person.  I fully admit that.  I’m not ashamed of it in the slightest.  I absolutely allow criticism though, which were your assessment it wrong.  I know what toxic positivity is.  I learned it in Psychology at Auburn.  It isn’t a difficult term to learn, nor does it apply here.

Being positive as well as proactive, I saw two friends getting overly heated so I stepped in between them so they could cool off.  I would do that for anyone.  No need for you to try to also interject yourself with nothing positive to add.

What is concerning is the need to try to diagnose people you don’t know on a message board.  It’s a little weird and not a best practice, don’t you think?

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That's cool. But criticism should be allowed as well when warranted

of course! we made what our shots in the second half. i read that but i was posting articles so not sure if that was all shots or threes or what. i am just saying it was so bad then i have yet to lose patience with bruce yet. but no sir unless someone is being a richard i think we all should say what we feel. hell i still cry with barkley someodays when we lost to bama and he sat down and cried. my mother hated him until then.

Just now, abw0004 said:

I’m not being defensive about it.  I am a positive person and also a proactive person.  I fully admit that.  I’m not ashamed of it in the slightest.  I absolutely allow criticism though, which were your assessment it wrong.  I know what toxic positivity is.  I learned it in Psychology at Auburn.  It isn’t a difficult term to learn, nor does it apply here.

Being positive as well as proactive, I saw two friends getting overly heated so I stepped in between them so they could cool off.  I would do that for anyone.  No need for you to try to also interject yourself with nothing positive to add.

What is concerning is the need to try to diagnose people you don’t know on a message board.  It’s a little weird, don’t you think?

That is not even a diagnosis, LOL. As I said, keep deflecting and being defensive. Keesler pointed it out, and I am sure he wasn't diagnosing you nor even thought of that phrase. Ultimately, I am not going to keep going back and forth with you. This was all the confirmation I needed. Rationalizing, Justifying, check box, check box. 

• Haha 1

Good grief 

come on man. who has ever seen grief be a good thing? and yes i say it all the time. i reserve the right to change my mind when my half a gummy kicks in! legal

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is not even a diagnosis, LOL. As I said, keep deflecting and being defensive. Keesler pointed it out, and I am sure he wasn't diagnosing you nor even thought of that phrase. Ultimately, I am not going to keep going back and forth with you. This was all the confirmation I needed. Rationalizing, Justifying, check box, check box. 

“This isn’t about Maverick.”  But you try to bring Kessler in.  I do find that interesting because Kessler liked my post of trying to break up the argument. 

Whatever you say Deon.  I can’t force you to see what you are doing either so lets leave it at that and let bygones be bygones. 

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Deon

That is Dr. Gibbs to you Lol. 

Edited by DAG