Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

I mean look I have a guy that follows my every post to dislike. He even dislike a couple of people for mentioning my name.....It's stupid but I can't say it's the entire board that sucks...there are just a few people that troll. Just have to identify them and ignore them. 

If people are giving an opinion and trying to back it up there's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong if you rebuttal. There's no obligation to have people agree with you or to not disagree with you. You literally can't debate if you don't disagree. And if you disagree doesn't equate to disrespect.

It feels like at times it's almost like some think because they say something first then that's what it has to be, because if someone comes along and disagree they are a holes for not agreeing.

Then there are friendships on here and just because you love a guy you don't have to go as far to dislike somebody else because they had an exchange with your friend....That's wild too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I mean look I have a guy that follows my every post to dislike. He even dislike a couple of people for mentioning my name.....It's stupid but I can't say it's the entire board that sucks...there are just a few people that troll. Just have to identify them and ignore them. 

If people are giving an opinion and trying to back it up there's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong if you rebuttal. There's no obligation to have people agree with you or to not disagree with you. You literally can't debate if you don't disagree. And if you disagree doesn't equate to disrespect.

It feels like at times it's almost like some think because they say something first then that's what it has to be, because if someone comes along and disagree they are a holes for not agreeing.

Then there are friendships on here and just because you love a guy you don't have to go as far to dislike somebody else because they had an exchange with your friend....That's wild too.

It’s almost like this is a fan message board or something. Craziness. 😎

• Haha 1

Well, since the posters that really know basketball are on this forum, who do we go after when we gently get rid of Bruce cause I have now been  convinced he has slipped beyond repair. Coach Cal is out. He's a loser. Bennett at UVA is a total embarrassment. So is Bill Self. Lloyd at Arizona is out. Mark Few is a total loser, though he may come through this year. Oates so far is the only candidate worth having. Unless he loses. Cause he has the greatest players in the SEC. And if he loses, there is no excuse. Or we could just wait and get the winner of this years tournament. He couldn't possibly not make the final four next year. That would be slipping. 

Just my opinion. I've read plenty of different opinions on here. None were negative, though. 

5 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Well, since the posters that really know basketball are on this forum, who do we go after when we gently get rid of Bruce cause I have now been  convinced he has slipped beyond repair. Coach Cal is out. He's a loser. Bennett at UVA is a total embarrassment. So is Bill Self. Lloyd at Arizona is out. Mark Few is a total loser, though he may come through this year. Oates so far is the only candidate worth having. Unless he loses. Cause he has the greatest players in the SEC. And if he loses, there is no excuse. Or we could just wait and get the winner of this years tournament. He couldn't possibly not make the final four next year. That would be slipping. 

Just my opinion. I've read plenty of different opinions on here. None were negative, though. 

Unless I’ve missed it, I’ve not seen a single person on this board say we need a new head coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is wild. It's like u can't criticize BP AT ALL. Just because folks critique the man's decisions he made or doesnt make, don't mean we want him fired. You can critique him and still in his corner as coach at AU. It's possible to do both at the same time

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This is wild. It's like u can't criticize BP AT ALL. Just because folks critique the man , don't mean we want him fired. You can critique him and still in his corner as coach at AU. It's possible to do both at the same time

It’s crazy dude, never seen anything like it. Total panties in a wad, freak out overreaction. Bruce himself literally said LAST NIGHT that he was gonna get straight to recruiting and get this fixed. He gets it. Maybe they should jump him for critiquing himself?? 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This is wild. It's like u can't criticize BP AT ALL. Just because folks critique the man , don't mean we want him fired. You can critique him and still in his corner as coach at AU. It's possible to do both at the same time

Not only that, but if you brought BP here, he'd agree with us. Especially if he's about to make the moves we are hearing he might with processing multiple non senior guards. His actions show he realized his mistake. That's all I've asked for all season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Not only that, but if you brought BP here, he'd agree with us. Especially if he's about to make the moves we are hearing he might with processing multiple non senior guards. His actions show he realized his mistake. That's all I've asked for all season.

I hope he realizes how the talent level has slipped.  If it's cause of 1 and dones or misses on recruiting etc... The bottom line is we started 3 MID MAJOR transfers this yr. Let that sink in and decide if roster mismanagement was a factor this yr

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

What is wild to me is there are people in here who willingly participating in the negativity , crosshair fighting and debating in the football forum...

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

What is wild to me is there are people in here who willingly participating in the negativity , crosshair fighting and debating in the football forum...

Well. I'm part of the reason that this place is so toxic. I learned that positive people that support the team and the coach - not uncritically but also not negatively at every turn except when we win and then the Nancies don't show up - are the reason this board is so toxic. And repeating the same criticism over a full season that basically states we don't have a chance cause Bruce didn't recruit correctly before the season somehow lifts the conversation to new heights is as old to me as my argument is to you. But I had to read yours over and over (gosh I hope you guys copy and paste!) So I decided to return the favor. 

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Well. I'm part of the reason that this place is so toxic. I learned that positive people that support the team and the coach - not uncritically but also not negatively at every turn except when we win and then the Nancies don't show up - are the reason this board is so toxic. And repeating the same criticism over a full season that basically states we don't have a chance cause Bruce didn't recruit correctly before the season somehow lifts the conversation to new heights is as old to me as my argument is to you. But I had to read yours over and over (gosh I hope you guys copy and paste!) So I decided to return the favor. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dissenting opinions or analysis should be welcome. To me it shows the passion of the fan base . Yes, that has been elevated by BP. I've seen no one call for his job. Just because folks point out what's wrong or what did or didn't happen to fix it to me shows the passion the fan base has. 

Facts. Except I'm calling for his job if he lets Flanigan come back, Lol. I'm optimistic he will pull this roster together. To make that statement regarding the roster at the post game presser indicates he knows what he needs to do. And hope none of the fellas' on the team have hard feelings about it. All of them have given a lot to Auburn, but sometimes relationships end. 

• Like 2

I also feel like when talking about stuff point out what's being discussed. This negativity let's point it out and look at it collectively, get a few perspectives and let's discuss it. If it's a bunch of it this should be easy to do. 

What it can't be is 3 or 4 people becoming upset and making stuff be something it's not. It's dangerous trying to rub out one opinion because you don't agree with it.....what will you do when it's your opinion that someone wants wiped out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

By all indications BP is going to make the changes that we all were clamoring for. By my accounts we were right, and BP is agreeing and making those adjustments. So if it makes you happy, you don't have to hear it from me anymore...as long as those changes actually happen.

9 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

Bill Self won a title last year lmao his second

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

So as far as the exercise that you described is an old school thing that some people would say they do. It really don't have a special relation as far as free throw, but it's an exercise that supposed to help your follow through wrist action. 

This exercise could actually mess up your shooting stroke though because when you actually think about it this is actually causing you to shoot from your chest because you are laying down and your shot should be higher than that.

Shooting free throws and shooting in general is somewhat like catching a football to a wide receiver. Nothing can help but reps and practice. There's no secret technique to either one. Usually a great 3 point shooter will be a great free throw shooter as well. It's about touch but most of it is about performing under pressure.

Let's say if me and you were playing one on one or playing pick up your team against mine, I could potentially take you out of the game if you missed your first shot and I said he's self checked leave him open! I'm playing mental games with you now. I'm now using everybody that's playing as weapons for me to have you think and put pressure on yourself. You are now thinking everybody is watching me and everybody is going to think that I suck if I miss. This could lead to you not taking shots anymore during the game or you just continue to miss because of the pressure. And you could be a great shooter when you practice and you are alone.

That's why it's sort of funny when people say stuff like I could do this and that.....well yeah maybe when you are in a gym by yourself but when you have dreams of maybe going to the league and stuff like that, the pressure is different, and certain people handle pressure better than others. But it's sort of hard because you really can't simulate big pressure situations. You can prepare and hope you will be ready in the moment but there aren't any guarantees.

Hope this helps

thanx cole. it seems brandon miller of bama uses that old school stuff. i was wondering if we could do it to improve our own free throw shooting. anyway thanx again.

as for you haters take the negative crap somewhere else. cole took his time to give a lengthy response which few will do here. you guys bash him when ge stand up and it is a bad look. i am not angry. pretend i am using kev costners voice from narration dances with wolves. he answered the question and people should appreciate it. don't like it message me.

Did I sign up in the wrong message board?  I thought I was in a grown up message forum but it appears I entered a rumper room forum for toddlers.   

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is this a good or bad thing?  Does this mean Bruce outcoached his talent level this year, or underutilized our players last year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

By all indications BP is going to make the changes that we all were clamoring for. By my accounts we were right, and BP is agreeing and making those adjustments. So if it makes you happy, you don't have to hear it from me anymore...as long as those changes actually happen.

I'm just saying that we got it the first time you said it. I may not have even disagreed with it. But somewhere between games 5 and 15. It got old. As my schtick is so I'll quit now.

By the way, a healthy Westry changes everything IMO. 

Edited by JuscAUse!

Anything I've read about basketball was far healthier than on the football forums when Freeze was hired. In comparison, this is like a walk in the park on a warm, sunny day. I see a lot of valid points in here. Overall, it seems like most people take the positives that we won 20+ games in a down year. The negatives are we couldn't close, maintain leads, and finish games, and had the ability to be at least 5 wins or more better, a few over really good teams.

It's great that some can recognize what we did well. It's great that others see and point out the weaknesses and want us to be better. Ultimately, it's ok to disagree.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I'm just saying that we got it the first time you said it. I may not have even disagreed with it. But somewhere between games 5 and 15. It got old. As my schtick is so I'll quit now.

By the way, a healthy Westry changes everything IMO. 

I could be wrong but westry looks to be a pure scorer to me. Essentially a taller green. We need a point. Westry isn't solving any of the setting up or pacing problems imo.

That back up guy who played was the answer, if he can get more consistent or work on whatever Pearl tells him he needs to do to see the floor. It's night and day the way we looked with him or the Missouri game when green played like that