2024 5* WR Perry Thompson Flips To AUBURN from Bama

ellitor

2 hours ago, tinman1 said:

I know it is done by every school, but I just can't imagine being a 50 - 60 year old man and acting like this to impress an 18 year old.  That being said if you're going to be successful at this level you do what you have to do.

But then you see how much these guys get paid to impress these 18 year olds and that makes it easier to imagine 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

But then you see how much these guys get paid to impress these 18 year olds and that makes it easier to imagine 

People get paid alot less to make bigger fools if themselves. I don’t think he has a dance video yet!!

• Like 1

They got DK on the phone!!!!!!! He also posted this before he left

IMG_2326.jpeg

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

They got DK on the phone!!!!!!!

Beat me to it. This is proof that CHF is dead serious on turning this ship around quickly.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

They got DK on the phone!!!!!!! He also posted this before he left

IMG_2326.jpeg

So he’s taking the narrow path to heaven. No wait, he’s separating himself from all the high school players in his area and headed to the other “Promised Land of Auburn University “, yeah that’s it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

People get paid alot less to make bigger fools if themselves. I don’t think he has a dance video yet!!

Im sure he would dance if he had to. If Saban ain’t too good to do it then I know Freeze ain’t. There’s a video of Saban doing the electric slide in a recruits house 

blue pill is a sedative that would cause Neo to think that all his most recent experiences were a hallucination, so that he can go back to living in the Matrix's simulated reality.

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

blue pill is a sedative that would cause Neo to think that all his most recent experiences were a hallucination, so that he can go back to living in the Matrix's simulated reality.

I thought the blue pill did something else 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/18/2023 at 10:51 AM, Sizzle said:

Judging by Twitter it’s looking like he flipped to us 

Many are saying, that he said, Auburn has pulled even and it’s now the turds and AU tied at the top.

• Like 1

"Even" doesn't seem like enough especially when he's committed there.

New, better staff, but we've seen these articles then a week later the player is all Bama/UGA again

Edited by W.E.D

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

"Even" doesn't seem like enough especially when he's committed there.

New, better staff, but we've seen these articles then a week later the player is all Bama/UGA again

True but with the immense pressure he and his fam would face from Bams, not sure it would be good for him to flip till late in the cycle. That being said, he supposedly plans to have a final decision likely before his SR season. I think it would be better for us for him to decide after the season starts because I think we will have a better passing game than Bama.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

True but with the immense pressure he and his fam would face from Bams, not sure it would be good for him to flip till late in the cycle. That being said, he supposedly plans to have a final decision likely before his SR season. I think it would be better for us for him to decide after the season starts because I think we will have a better passing game than Bama.

Yeah, don't disagree. Us showing some competence for the first time since 2017 will go along way. 

True flies from Bama are hard. Giving them an opening post visit usually doesn't go well. Hopefully NIL was laid out well and maybe selling him on a likely hood of either him or Coleman leaving Auburn as the all tike leading WR. Easily achievable 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Has AU ever signed a 5* WR out of high school?

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

5* players at any position were rare until just recently. The recruiting sites have greatly expanded the number of 5* guys in order to sell clicks. I don't think AU has ever signed a 5* WR but then there haven't been that many in total until recent years.

5* guys I recall signing with AU out of high school: RB Michael Dyer and, on some sites, Tank Bigsby. QB Bo Nix. DL Derrick Brown. LB Trey Blackmon and Owen Pappoe. Who have I missed?

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

5* players at any position were rare until just recently. The recruiting sites have greatly expanded the number of 5* guys in order to sell clicks. I don't think AU has ever signed a 5* WR but then there haven't been that many in total until recent years.

5* guys I recall signing with AU out of high school: RB Michael Dyer and, on some sites, Tank Bigsby. QB Bo Nix. DL Derrick Brown. LB Trey Blackmon and Owen Pappoe. Who have I missed?

Calvin Ashley 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Byron Cowart was like the number 1 recruit in the country. Sheesh. What a missed opportunity there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ben Obomanu was a 5* WR

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The recruiting sites have greatly expanded the number of 5* guys in order to sell clicks. I don't think AU has ever signed a 5* WR but then there haven't been that many in total until recent years.

Wrong & Wrong.  There have been mid to low 30s consistently for the last 20 years.  2003 ~33.  2022 ~34. 

Now if you want to discuss expanded 4* kids you'd probably have a point.

• Like 2