2023 4* Colorado Transfer WR Montana Lemonious-Craig

Win4AU

I’ve never witnessed such an improvement in an overall roster like HF has done with his recruiting/portal guys. It’s unreal how much improved this team *should* be in almost every spot on the team. 

• Like 1

I agree HF has done an excellent job. I would caution about unrealistic expectations, however. I have a friend who did some business with a current coach at AU. The coach told him that he had never seen an SEC roster in the shape that AU's was when Freeze was hired. Especially on the O and D lines. Also  commented on the lack of physicality on the whole team, with a few exceptions,  of course. I think it will take more than a year to fix this mess but we are much better off now than when HF arrived.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I agree HF has done an excellent job. I would caution about unrealistic expectations, however. I have a friend who did some business with a current coach at AU. The coach told him that he had never seen an SEC roster in the shape that AU's was when Freeze was hired. Especially on the O and D lines. Also  commented on the lack of physicality on the whole team, with a few exceptions,  of course. I think it will take more than a year to fix this mess but we are much better off now than when HF arrived.

But that's the beauty of the portal.  We were in bad shape.  OL/DL had issues.  But look at us now?

On offense we'll have 6-7 of 11 starters all from the Transfer Portal.  (3-4 OL, 1 TE, 1 QB, 1-2WR).  Then heavy contributors at #2 RB comes from the portal.

On defense our DL added a starter NT and DT besides returning DE Michael Harris.  In addition to a rotational DT.  Our entire EDGE depth chart 2-3 is from the portal/Elite HS recruits.  2 new LBs.  Ideally we can find a safety.  That's more than half of our starters and more additional rotational contributors that will be starters in future seasons.

We'd be staring at 3-4 wins if the portal didn't exists.  And probably not much brighter in 24-35.  (Not saying you)...but anyone that complains about "free agency" or hates this when a player leaves remember to consider the flip side.

• Like 2

Likely pops off today or tomorrow. Might wait for tomorrow since Burton announced today. Personally, if I were a PR guy I’d encourage us to spread the announcements out but it really doesn’t matter. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Likely pops off today or tomorrow. Might wait for tomorrow since Burton announced today. Personally, if I were a PR guy I’d encourage us to spread the announcements out but it really doesn’t matter. 

Who's the new pic from?

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Who's the new pic from?

Jeff Lee

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Jeff Lee

Oh. That's the OP in the thread so not new. lol

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

But that's the beauty of the portal.  We were in bad shape.  OL/DL had issues.  But look at us now?

On offense we'll have 6-7 of 11 starters all from the Transfer Portal.  (3-4 OL, 1 TE, 1 QB, 1-2WR).  Then heavy contributors at #2 RB comes from the portal.

On defense our DL added a starter NT and DT besides returning DE Michael Harris.  In addition to a rotational DT.  Our entire EDGE depth chart 2-3 is from the portal/Elite HS recruits.  2 new LBs.  Ideally we can find a safety.  That's more than half of our starters and more additional rotational contributors that will be starters in future seasons.

We'd be staring at 3-4 wins if the portal didn't exists.  And probably not much brighter in 24-35.  (Not saying you)...but anyone that complains about "free agency" or hates this when a player leaves remember to consider the flip side.

Yeah. That's what I was trying to say. But we ain't winning the West this year. I will GLADLY apologize to all my people here if I am wrong, but I just want us to give the man some time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe Toomer’s Drug Store will create  a special version of Lemonade and call it “ The LEMONIOUS“. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WVR said:

Maybe Toomer’s Drug Store will create  a special version of Lemonade and call it “ The LEMONIOUS“. 😂

They’ll throw a few of @aubiefifty‘s gummies in it

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/6/2023 at 6:48 PM, JuscAUse! said:

Yeah. That's what I was trying to say. But we ain't winning the West this year. I will GLADLY apologize to all my people here if I am wrong, but I just want us to give the man some time.

Honestly, I think we could win the West. It's an outside shot, to be sure, but I could see the West being decided by the Iron Bowl, and Saban doesn't have the best track record against good Auburn teams.

However, I will be perfectly content with 8 wins, and I won't complain too much unless we miss bowl season again.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Honestly, I think we could win the West. It's an outside shot, to be sure, but I could see the West being decided by the Iron Bowl, and Saban doesn't have the best track record against good Auburn teams.

However, I will be perfectly content with 8 wins, and I won't complain too much unless we miss bowl season again.

I think this year might come down to the tie-breakers.

32 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I could see the West being decided by the Iron Bowl

I could too in that us beating Bama clinches the West for LSU. We ain't beating LSU in the big Gumbo bowl and they likely don't lose more than 1 conference game.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think this year might come down to the tie-breakers.

Yup and LSU has the easiest route with it's only really tough road game at Bama.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I could too in that us beating Bama clinches the West for LSU. We ain't beating LSU in the big Gumbo bowl and they likely don't lose more than 1 conference game.

So you really think there is zero chance that LSU loses an SEC game to anyone besides Alabama? I will wholeheartedly agree that it's more likely LSU wins the West for the reason you stated, but they still gotta go through that schedule and win all those games, and I could see them stumbling against someone besides Alabama, setting up the possibility that we're 9-2 against a 10-1 Bama team that beat a 2 loss LSU team and us winning the Iron Bowl makes it come down to tiebreakers, like Bird said. It's not a far-fetched scenario.

• Like 1