2023 3* Tulsa OL Transfer Jaden Muskrat Commits to AU!

Zeek

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Familiar with teammate Wade and our OC obviously… might be news soon

Hopefully we can beat Ole Pittman for him..

Tulsa OL transfer Jaden Muskrat commits to Auburn

Auburn has now added both of Tulsa's starting offensive tackles from the 2022 season.

Christian Clemente4 mins

One of Auburn's biggest transfer portal wins in the first window came when former Tulsa left tackle Dillon Wade opted to follow Philip Montgomery to Auburn. Now, Auburn has added Tulsa's former right tackle Jaden Muskrat, after he committed to Auburn on Monday.

“It was all of the coaches," Muskrat told Auburn Undercover. "I’ve got Coach Monty and DWade. I love the campus, the fans from what I saw were crazy. I just love the campus. I feel like it would be the right thing for me.”

Getting the chance to become a full-time starter last year, Muskrat started 11 games and was strong on the right side of the Tulsa line. 

Recently, he was on the Auburn campus for an official visit to check out the Tigers and left impressed by what he saw. He also visited his home state Arkansas Razorbacks, but opted to go elsewhere in the SEC West.

“I really liked it,” Muskrat said. “It was the facilities and the culture. I really enjoyed it, all of the people and everything.”

The 6-foot-3, 307-pound Muskrat will now arrive to help provide more depth for Auburn's offensive line rebuild. While Muskrat played tackle at Tulsa, Auburn has mostly been in search of adding more help on the interior of the offensive line and that's where he's expected to play.

Muskrat arrives at Auburn with two years of eligibility remaining. He is the fourth commitment from Auburn out of the transfer portal, joining former App State edge rusher Jalen McLeod, former Michigan State quarterback Payton Thorne and former Ohio State wide receiver Caleb Burton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Another O-lineman this staff rocks.

WAR EAGLE AND WELCOME TO AUBURN.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 8

• augolf1716 changed the title to 2023 Tulsa OL Transfer Jaden Muskrat Commits to Auburn!
  • augolf1716 pinned this topic
  • Zeek featured this topic
7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wonder if he slides inside or how this shakes out between him, Wade and Britton.

Inside

Great get by the coaching staff. 
If we can get our hands on our additional receiver and LB, it would seem almost a small miracle!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

imagine a world where we have too many tackles and have to move tackles down to guard....   

Right? It’s been a decade+ since we’ve had that problem.

Harsin came in and saw a huge number of senior OL, singed like one kid, added no real transfers, and said yeah let’s ride.

Freeze came in and found four legitimate starters in the portal. 

• Like 3

Freeze has rebuilt the OL, QB position and about to do the same at WR. Replaced a lot of players that werent SEC level with guys that have a chance to contribute this season. Amazing work to this point.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Unreal! Every starter on the OL in 23 could be a guy that Hugh signed, and he has been here less than 6 months. If anything he increased the quality depth. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Unreal! Every starter on the OL in 23 could be a guy that Hugh signed, and he has been here less than 6 months. If anything he increased the quality depth. 

@bigbird someone said depth!

• Haha 2