2023 North Texas 4* Transfer WR Jyaire Shorter COMMITS TO AU!

ellitor

FWIW on North Texas WR transfer target Jyaire Shorter, while he didn't have a lot of catches his catch to TD ratio was very good, 23/11. Also his catches were explosive plays, an eye popping 27 ypc. Graded over a 95 by PFF in 20+ yard plays.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW on North Texas WR transfer target Jyaire Shorter, while he didn't have a lot of catches his catch to TD ratio was very good, 23/11. Also his catches were explosive plays, an eye popping 27 ypc. Graded over a 95 by PFF in 20+ yard plays.

Those numbers excite and also scare me

• Like 2

IMG_1127.jpeg

I believe we’re in the lead

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Read some articles today before he entered the portal and they mentioned he had a ton of drops last year.

"Bug play WR, but we have to figure out how to get the balls in his hands more, he needs to be more consistent and limit his drops" was essentially their post spring review of him.

He also seems pretty big for a purr deep threat WR

Edited by W.E.D

Posted article so you don’t get moved off of the forum.

North Texas WR Jyaire Shorter sets visit with Auburn

Auburn is set to host a big-play receiver.

LANCE DAWE

MAY 5, 2023 5:57 PM EDT

In this story:

AUBURN TIGERS

Auburn football is set to host another receiver.

Jyaire Shorter, a 6-foot-2 WR transfer from North Texas, is scheduled to visit Auburn, per Auburn Undercover.

Shorter has played 30 games over the course of five seasons for the Mean Green (three of those seasons he played two games or less), collecting 1,320 yards and 20 touchdowns on just 58 receptions, ending his UNT career with an impressive 22.8 yards per catch. Shorter caught 23 passes for 628 yards, an average of 27.3 yards per reception.

Auburn just landed Michigan State quarterback Payton Thorne, who's No. 1 receiver with the Spartans - Keon Coleman - will also be visiting Auburn.

He's also good friends with Nixon the UNT LB were pursuing, Us and Miami 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, W.E.D said:

Those numbers excite and also scare me

It's interesting. Limited tape of him in college that I could see. Big body, strong, tracks the ball well and fights for the catch and is then very tough to bring down. His stats look like a burner who's taking the top off the defense with post routes but his highlights (that I could find) seem more like a possession receiver guy like Duke Williams.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WDEinNYC said:

It's interesting. Limited tape of him in college that I could see. Big body, strong, tracks the ball well and fights for the catch and is then very tough to bring down. His stats look like a burner who's taking the top off the defense with post routes but his highlights (that I could find) seem more like a possession receiver guy like Duke Williams.

Wouldn’t  it be nice to a dependable possession receiver or 2 since we may now be able to find him and deliver a catchable ball? 

“I’m supposed to go to Mississippi State and then Colorado but after seeing this place, I had a good talk with Coach Freeze today, I’m going to see how it goes–My decision will probably be made very quickly.”

According to Shorter, everything went well on his Auburn trip

Cole Pink thinks he could commit before the other visits

• Like 1

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Cole Pink thinks he could commit before the other visits

Just reading between the lines, I would agree. Sounds like he really wants to commit right now, but wants to make sure he's thought everything through. But what do I know?

Damn half his catches were TD’s. Don’t think I I ever seen a stat like that before. Why did he have so few catches? Was UNT more of a running team?

8 hours ago, DAG said:

His stats exploding last year . Wow 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Damn half his catches were TD’s. Don’t think I I ever seen a stat like that before. Why did he have so few catches? Was UNT more of a running team?

His 2019 year was solid as well. 2020 and 2021 don't look too good, did they even play during covid?

1 minute ago, AUINSY said:

His 2019 year was solid as well. 2020 and 2021 don't look too good, did they even play during covid?

That is a good question

4 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

He had season ending injuries in both seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Love 1

2022: Honorable Mention All-CUSA (Coaches) … Comeback Player of the Year Semi-Finalist … PFF National Team of the Week (9/24/22) … Played in 13 games with 11 starts … 23 receptions for 628 yards and 11 touchdowns … long catch of 58 yards … scored at least one touchdown in eight games … tied for seventh in FBS with 11 touchdowns … led FBS in yards per reception (27.2) … 11 touchdowns is tied for sixth on UNT season list … two catches for 32 yards and a touchdown against Texas Southern … four catches for 90 yards at UNLV … two for 38 and a score at Memphis … three catches for 52 yards and three touchdowns against Florida Atlantic … one catch for a 51-yard touchdown against LA Tech … 58 yards on one reception at UTSA … two catches for 92 yards and two scores versus FIU … one catch for 53 yards at UAB … 45-yard touchdown against Rice … two catches for 48 yards and a score in CUSA Championship game against UTSA … 30-yard touchdown reception in Frisco Bowl against Boise

2021: Saw action in two games before missing season due to injury ... Caught six passes for 107 yards at SMU on 9/11 ... it was his second career 100-yard game

2020: Had four catches for 97 yards while appearing in and starting three games before an injury ended his year ... Caught two passes for 25 yards vs. SMU on 9/19 ... Caught two passes for 76 yards in the season-opening win vs. HBU on 9/5

2019: Honorable mention All-Conference USA selection ... Caught 24 passes for 473 yards, an average of 39.4 yards per game and nine touchdowns while appearing in all 12 games and making 10 starts ... Caught two passes for 21 yards and a touchdown vs. UAB on 11/30 ... Caught two passes for 25 yards at Rice on 11/23 ... Caught one pass for 8 yards at Louisiana Tech on 11/9 ... Caught two passes for 59 yards and a touchdown in the win vs. UTEP on 11/2 ... Caught three passes for a career-high 111 yards and a career-high three touchdowns at Charlotte on 10/26 ... Caught three passes for 44 yards in the win vs. Middle Tennessee on 10/19 ... Caught one pass for 45 yards and a touchdown at Southern Miss on 10/12 ... Caught two passes for 46 yards and a touchdown vs. Houston on 9/28 ... Caught one pass for 20 yards and a touchdown in the win vs. UTSA on 9/21 ... Caught five passes for 68 yards and his first collegiate touchdown at California on 9/14 ... Caught one pass for 18 yards at SMU on 9/7 ... Had one catch for 10 yards in the season-opening win vs. Abilene Christian on 8/31

2018: Redshirted his first season in Denton after having one catch for 15 yards in his two appearances ... Made his collegiate debut in the win on 9/8 vs. Incarnate Word

• Thanks 1

@bigbirdThis guy was your #1 want at receiver, wasn't he?

Wait, no, it's the UTSA receiver I'm thinking about, not the UNT receiver. Oh well, at least it looks like we'll be getting a couple more solid wideouts to work in.

Edited by Rednilla
  • Like 1