2023 North Texas 4* Transfer WR Jyaire Shorter COMMITS TO AU!

ellitor

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

It’s kind of sad that one really good season could put you in our top 20 of receiving yards.

And top 15 in total TDs.

Definitely a much needed upgrade from what we've had these last few seasons. People don't mention this that much when we are talking about the poor QB play.

I heard about this guy (I live maybe 20 minutes away from North Texas campus)  He looks like a player!

• Like 5

Hell Yes! HCBHF putting in work. 

Now, Come on Mr. Nixon. Your buddy is here and waiting on you!

Can you all imagine J. Shorter and Fairweather running seams with Var Johnson coming underneath!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Hell Yes! HCBHF putting in work. 

Now, Come on Mr. Nixon. Your buddy is here and waiting on you!

Can you all imagine J. Shorter and Fairweather running seams with Var Johnson coming underneath!

Burton too

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

So I guess we can expect a Sammie Coates type player due to concerns about his route running. We’ll take it.(hopefully better hands)

If we got Sammie Coates it would be a home run 

• Like 1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

It’s kind of sad that one really good season could put you in our top 20 of receiving yards.

Similar to how Thorne's yardage and tds sits so high among Auburn's qbs

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Our WR stats have to be by far worst in the SEC.

I surely am telling my age now. I graduated in 1970, and the Terry Beasley and Pat Sullivan combo was exhilarating to say the least. Beasley was a beast, competed on every throw and never took “time off” on a down.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

I surely am telling my age now. I graduated in 1970, and the Terry Beasley and Pat Sullivan combo was exhilarating to say the least. Beasley was a beast, competed on every throw and never took “time off” on a down.

My father is class of '72, though he did it in 6 years since he took every other quarter off to make money to pay for school (Dad was dirt poor growing up, but never took a loan for his education). Mom was given a PhT along with Dad's undergrad... Pushed husband Through. LOL

Dad has told me some stories about Sullivan and Beasley. As great as they were, it's pretty sad that we haven't had several guys eclipsing their numbers since then, given the way football has been going. But, as someone mentioned, that's just the price you pay when you're in competition for being Running Back University.

Then again, USC is on that list, too, and they've had some prolific passers in their history. Maybe CHF can bring our passing game into modern times without sacrificing our claim to being RBU.

37 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

My father is class of '72, though he did it in 6 years since he took every other quarter off to make money to pay for school (Dad was dirt poor growing up, but never took a loan for his education). Mom was given a PhT along with Dad's undergrad... Pushed husband Through. LOL

Dad has told me some stories about Sullivan and Beasley. As great as they were, it's pretty sad that we haven't had several guys eclipsing their numbers since then, given the way football has been going. But, as someone mentioned, that's just the price you pay when you're in competition for being Running Back University.

Then again, USC is on that list, too, and they've had some prolific passers in their history. Maybe CHF can bring our passing game into modern times without sacrificing our claim to being RBU.

Dad was '69 and '71

Mom was '70 

This was their honeymoon...

• Like 4

Some context please, when your tradition is 3 yds and a cloud of dust, the QB/WR discussion becomes Dean Smiths underuse of Michael Jordan while still winning. A lot. 

3 hours ago, au701948 said:

So 50 years ago we had an elite WR.

• Like 1

Of course the older wr's back in their day had no flaws.....I wish we could get a Sammie Coates type of wr. 

I know how our fan base can be as far as who they make great but like it or not if you are actually great 99.8% of the time he needs to be great in his physical talents. The no star, little guy, not athletic but runs great routes stuff this school loves isn't really going to be great at this position.

If we really want to be good at wr some of you are going to have to open up and accept a guy who may yell, or is full of confidence. You may have to actually like a guy who's an alpha type personality. You may have to actually one day like a guy who's personality is like Seth Williams....I know this will be hard but if we are going to be good it's coming.

And most importantly we will need a good QB. It's not a coincidence we haven't had dominant wr's while missing dominant QB's. 

20 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

My father graduated in 70. Good stuff 

My Dad graduated in '69. Had a chance to meet Beasley at the Bucket Shop in Atlanta back when he was promoting his book. 

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 7:58 AM, Rednilla said:

Then again, USC is on that list, too, and they've had some prolific passers in their history. Maybe CHF can bring our passing game into modern times without sacrificing our claim to 

Just now, au701948 said:
On 5/17/2023 at 7:58 AM, Rednilla said:

Then again, USC is on that list, too, and they've had some prolific passers in their history. Maybe CHF can bring our passing game into modern times without sacrificing our claim to 

Talking about taking time off to work reminded me how different things are now for college athletes. I was playing pool one night (don’t remember the place’s name) and Beasley was in there playing. He shared a story about the players not being allowed to work and how meager some them lived on campus.

Boy, how the times have changed.

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m excited to get Jyaire Shorter.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic