2023 5* PG Scoot Henderson

gravejd

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Lord what it would have been like to have cooper or scoot this coming year with the talent we’ll have!

I actually thought the allure of this team’s potential would have persuaded one of the 2 at least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

I hope the young man invests it wisely,

like into hookers and blow. 😂

9AC3967B-3A7D-42E0-B925-0C51FBFAFB51.jpeg

• Haha 7

15 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I actually thought the allure of this team’s potential would have persuaded one of the 2 at least. 

Well if Scoot saw, how we played and what our record ended up, WITH a potential NBA star in the making in Sharife AND Thor, then that also might have awakened him to the fact that we still can be a poor team, even with potential. 

Have you ever thought of it that way too? :)

• Dislike 1

18 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Why didn’t the G-League go after JD Davidson?

I think Scoot was a very very elite player, and had all the makings of an NBA player.

JD was a very good player, but I don't think he was considered elite...

Also, Scoot was considered the top PG for 2022, and JD was about the 3rd best PG in the 2021 class...

11 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I think Scoot was a very very elite player, and had all the makings of an NBA player.

JD was a very good player, but I don't think he was considered elite...

Also, Scoot was considered the top PG for 2022, and JD was about the 3rd best PG in the 2021 class...

He's as elite as they come. Just don't know if he's a dead set PG and scoot has the size to play either guard position and the size to defend either as well. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

He's as elite as they come. Just don't know if he's a dead set PG and scoot has the size to play either guard position and the size to defend either as well. 

If he was elite, he would have been on the list for the Gleague to approach. That never materialized...IMO

I think he is very good...but the NBA must have seen holes in his game but he may be a great college player and burn our butt at times. :)

32 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If he was elite, he would have been on the list for the Gleague to approach. That never materialized...IMO

I think he is very good...but the NBA must have seen holes in his game but he may be a great college player and burn our butt at times. :)

You don't know that he wasn't approached, size isn't something that can be taught, he's definitely elite as far as a PG goes. I don't know as far as a SG. Every camp he participated in he was the #1 guard there. He was always the alpha. 

The GLeague, like colleges, have more talks than we ever find out about, it’d take a lot for me to think that only the recruits we hear about are the ones they speak to. No solidly functioning organization would only ~10 prospects and expect they’ll get all of them 

Also, they got Isaiah Todd and Daishen Nix last cycle, who were both lesser and lower projected players than Davison.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What do you do for fun 

Enjoy life as full as I am able, blessed by the good Lord.  How about you?

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Dislike 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:46 PM, Zeek said:

Okay but can they take someone else's 5* players? Leave us alone lol.

They signed Jaden Hardy. Number three player in the country. He was strongly considering UK. We have company. Maybe we've lost the most guys, but we're not alone.

• 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Wonder if he regrets his decision?

He signed a multi million dollar deal, and he's killing it where he's at and he's in high demand to be chosen early in the 2023 draft......I doubt he regrets anything

• Like 1

I bet he could be questioning that decision to go g-league a little. I don't think he'll be kicking himself or anything but i can see where choosing to go to AU would have been better for his immediate career. Scoot is now completely invisible to 80% of sports fans. And saying 20% of sports fans will know who he is may be generous. I know the g-league is not on my radar but maybe its is followed more closely by other basketball fans. I certainly is followed by the most important people and that is NBA teams and scouts. 

So its not like he won't get drafted and he'll still get drafted high. But could having a bit more exposure by playing at AU on a team getting lots of national press have improved his draft stock? Having more exposure and playing for Auburn definitely would have improved his marketing ability to get sponsors.  And then you have the whole college experience and getting to play in exciting environments.....would that be important to him? Those are all questions that i can't answer and some only Scoot knows the answer to. 

I do know that i think Jalen Green made a comment that he thought playing in the g-league removed him from #1 overall pick discussion that he thought he should have been in discussion for. So i can say with certainty that other players that have go the g-league route had some regrets. 

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He signed a multi million dollar deal, and he's killing it where he's at and he's in high demand to be chosen early in the 2023 draft......I doubt he regrets anything

Reportedly a 2 year deal for a million is what I’ve seen. What are top basketball NILs paying? If WKU OLs are demanding a $1M, what could a top PG on a final 4 team command?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Reportedly a 2 year deal for a million is what I’ve seen. What are top basketball NILs paying? If WKU OLs are demanding a $1M, what could a top PG on a final 4 team command?

I thought it was a million each year. I don't know how much the top people get, they usually decline to report the specifics of the contract when it's substantial and it's individual. I would imagine a mil maybe? But would he get that his first year? And I'm sure it would be just one year. 

But right now he's getting vital experience and he's learning how to be a pro. Doesn't have to do anything but focus on his profession. And he has access the best trainers and stuff. I just doubt he regrets anything. If anything makes him curious it's just the college experience itself, I doubt anything about basketball makes him think twice

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I thought it was a million each year. I don't know how much the top people get, they usually decline to report the specifics of the contract when it's substantial and it's individual. I would imagine a mil maybe? But would he get that his first year? And I'm sure it would be just one year. 

But right now he's getting vital experience and he's learning how to be a pro. Doesn't have to do anything but focus on his profession. And he has access the best trainers and stuff. I just doubt he regrets anything. If anything makes him curious it's just the college experience itself, I doubt anything about basketball makes him think twice

The phrasing I saw was vague and could be interpreted either way on the salary. He’ll be fine either way. Just thinking the NIL can make the financial appeal much less persuasive. Jabari Smith appears to be having the time of his life.

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The phrasing I saw was vague and could be interpreted either way on the salary. He’ll be fine either way. Just thinking the NIL can make the financial appeal much less persuasive. Jabari Smith appears to be having the time of his life.

Yeah nil absolutely gives a better option if a guy is thinking about staying in college.

Smith is an entire different situation. As special as scoot is he's not Smith. Scoot's learning curve is completely different than Smith. Also just career leverage and stuff like that. Smith doesn't have a care in the world. He'smuch more rare of a player so he's a much higher commodity. 

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Apparently, 5-star basketball players are demanding up to $2M now.