2023 5* PG Scoot Henderson

gravejd

8 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

I love Auburn but there’s no way in hell he should’ve turned this down to play college ball for two years.

If anyone brings up the value of a diploma, I swear I might uninstall the Internet.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They’re treating the players like what they’re worth, when the NCAA has failed to do so for decades (and we all have said that in reference to the NCAA for a while). 

Perfectly put.

NCAA can't compete with the G-League for elite kids b/c they'll make money they deserve.  They proved it with Jalen Green.  He went GL and is a top 5 pick.

It really sucks for Auburn b/c of what has happened with these past two player, but good for the kids.  Get paid

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Perfectly put.

NCAA can't compete with the G-League for elite kids b/c they'll make money they deserve.  They proved it with Jalen Green.  He went GL and is a top 5 pick.

It really sucks for Auburn b/c of what has happened with these past two player, but good for the kids.  Get paid

Yup, imagine had we gotten Green and then Scoot and even possibly Kuminga. Auburn's reputation and draft picks would be through the roof. Just blows this league is getting this active right at the time Auburn is able to pull these kids.

• Like 1

How does the GLeague make money to pay all these kids?

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Tickets, sponsors, TV, etc.  Probably also somewhat funded by the NBA too

Google tells me the league's revenues were $40mm last year

Just now, W.E.D said:

Tickets, sponsors, TV, etc.  Probably also somewhat funded by the NBA too

Cool I figured, I just don't know much about it.  I never even knew it was on TV.

I was curious about this as well. I don't know the answer and have not dug into it. 

This makes me worry about all top prospects that we sign. How is anyone going to turn down a 7 figure deal...whether the family has money or not that is a significant amount of green. 

I'd like to see the G League grow a little more similar to baseball minor leagues, then let kids go to G-League or have  2 year commitment to CBB.

Agree with a previous poster that had the GL/signing day deadlines match up a little bit or even GL before NSD.

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

I was curious about this as well. I don't know the answer and have not dug into it. 

This makes me worry about all top prospects that we sign. How is anyone going to turn down a 7 figure deal...whether the family has money or not that is a significant amount of green. 

Just make it kind of like baseball.  There will still be plenty of talent going to CFB, just 5-10 per year going to the GL.

Cool I figured, I just don't know much about it.  I never even knew it was on TV.

Yeah, it's on ESPN+ and sometimes the normal sub-ESPN channels.  Essentially ever team has a minor G-league equivalent and then there is essentially a HS all star team called Ignite.

I'm sure it is funded somewhat by the NBA revenues, but they do have TV revenue, tickets, etc like baseball minor leagues

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Just make it kind of like baseball.  There will still be plenty of talent going to CFB, just 5-10 per year going to the GL.

Okay but can they take someone else's 5* players? Leave us alone lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Okay but can they take someone else's 5* players? Leave us alone lol.

It's pretty frustrating, but it is also a good sign at the state of our program.  Kids are picking between us and going pro

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If anyone brings up the value of a diploma, I swear I might uninstall the Internet.

College diploma :poke:

• Haha 2

I guess if I'm a G League exec, Bruce's wish list is at the top of my go to list. Hell. Let Bruce and the coaching staff burn countless labor hours and Auburn's recruiting budget. Let them do all the leg work. Why should I lift a finger to spend $$$ on all that stuff? All I have to do, is swoop in with a big check. Up the ante to a million if necessary.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Officially to the ******* G-League and it's being reported he's getting $1m

for 2 years of playing for the Elite, I read, so $500Gs a year...still can't argue with that if your that good, and this is your dream...

I’m on the side of letting players sign out of HS or go to college for 3 years.    Let players sign with G league or NBA but if they choose college,  it’s a three year deal.    

• Like 1

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The league LaVar Ball has also inspired a ton of American offshoots 

people collectively realized that the NCAA is weak. It may not help us accrue talent, but just know these guys leaving is going to be good get back against these guys. Unfortunately, if the NCAA is going to suffer, so will the associated schools 

• Like 2

Y’all don’t forget ... it sucks we lose a kid of this caliber... but CBP is STILL recruiting at all time Auburn highs and we have a legit team to make a run this coming year.  Lord what it would have been like to have cooper or scoot this coming year with the talent we’ll have!

• Like 3

Wow! Youngest ever 

• Sad 1