Putting the College Football World on notice

LPTiger

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

DAG we need you channeling nothing but positivity.

You got it! I am expecting quite the hull!

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 12:51 PM, LPTiger said:

There is a reason Saban is so outspoken about NIL, and it has nothing to do with the integrity of the game.   Over the years we have been willing to dip our toes into the dark underbelly, but, as Golf alludes, they have been swimming in the deep end of it for 70 plus years.  For the first time in 7 decades, we have the ability to play their game as well as they do and Saban knows it.

Freeze got here at the perfect time

• Like 2

I’m listening to the Auburn live call in show and this Fredrick93 guy, who claims to know Perry and his family and has maintained for a while that Perry is Auburn bound, he is calling Perry to AU by the end of the week. And he sounds super matter of fact and confident. He’s also saying Crawford, Heyword, Damari, and Bolden are all close friends. 

I probably just a glutton for punishment, but I’m starting to feel really good about this. 

Per Cole, when they lost Cam to Texas A&M the money guys were basically like “enough f***ing around”

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m starting to feel really good about this. 

meh-idc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

meh-idc.gif

Come on Bird, I’m not going to just come out and tell everyone that you’ve been giving me intel behind the scenes! If they want the info they are going to just have to beg you in the PM’s

image.gif.b85454c36bd3ba09b7e73072b29d3fda.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Come on Bird, I’m not going to just come out and tell everyone that you’ve been giving me intel behind the scenes! If they want the info they are going to just have to beg you in the PM’s

image.gif.b85454c36bd3ba09b7e73072b29d3fda.gif

johnny-dangerously-moronie.gif

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m listening to the Auburn live call in show and this Fredrick93 guy, who claims to know Perry and his family and has maintained for a while that Perry is Auburn bound, he is calling Perry to AU by the end of the week. And he sounds super matter of fact and confident. He’s also saying Crawford, Heyword, Damari, and Bolden are all close friends. 

I probably just a glutton for punishment, but I’m starting to feel really good about this. 

Per Cole, when they lost Cam to Texas A&M the money guys were basically like “enough f***ing around”

Between that tidbit and LPTIGER predicting something earth shattering next Monday,  I may have to join the nest

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hopefully I'll be able to come back with...

RIDDICK GIF by Deceptiicon on DeviantArt

For the many who seem to have not gotten this gif reference this character is Riddick from the Pitch Black & Ckronicles of Riddick movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

ACE, there is no penalty to being slow to come to the other side.... 

How soon do we start getting the Perry is better than Coleman anyways posts?

• Facepalm 1

Beginning to wonder if this earth shattering news is related to specific recruits or if some big doner is about to drop a boatload of 💰 to the athletic dept

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Beginning to wonder if this earth shattering news is related to specific recruits

Your answer but the other one may happen as well just may not hear about it

• Thanks 1

I have been cautiously optimistic with the chatter of recruiting. I will say this. I've seen Auburn boards go toxic when insider chatter leaks out but doesn't come to fruition. If I remember correctly, E has been a target in the past which would explain some hesitation. The JLee Peaches situation was toxic and I was thinking it would cost him his job. The only thing it does is stop the inside chatter from being more widely distributed. So I get why some don't want to attach their names to the chatter. 

The second phase of this situation is that insiders will be cryptic at best. Then the same people that would or have criticized them do the same thing in regards to being so cryptic. I guess the foundation here is when adults don't get their way, they complain like children. 

But back on topic. I hope this weekend is as the chatter says it will be. One thing I find encouraging is that in the past, Kirby and Saban didn't take Auburn seriously in recruiting. It went back through the Gus years. Only when Chizik's staff were at Auburn was when Auburn had to be taken seriously. I for one am glad it is getting back to that. I know there will be wins and loses on the recruiting trail. That is better than a sprinkle of wins and a whole lot of losses. Hopefully it translates to wins on the field. 

Could OL recruiting be better? Sure. Is it already better than Auburn has had in years? Absolutely. I personally feel talent acquisition is a budgeted thing. When budget opens for OL recruiting, Auburn will start winning some of the higher profile battles. Maybe I'm just being fanatical but I am hoping for the best. I just want to be interested in Auburn football again. I don't like turning the game off before the half with Auburn leading knowing full well they will crap the bed in the second half. And it happens. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I spoke to my guy again this afternoon, and he still feels very confident that this is just the beginning.

How do I go about getting "a guy"? Will you be mine?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I spoke to my guy again this afternoon, and he still feels very confident that this is just the beginning.

I will pray to my guy, but he usually doesn’t get to involved in these type matters!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/26/2023 at 8:47 PM, LPTiger said:

Your guys isn’t on the rant is he? I Kidd I Kidd 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Your guys isn’t on the rant is he? I Kidd I Kidd 

Is the rant putting out good or bad news?

Just now, LPTiger said:

Is the rant putting out good or bad news?

The rant failed us on Coleman. That was our one. We need to continue with positive success from this week and beyond! 

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

The rant failed us on Coleman. That was our one. We need to continue with positive success from this week and beyond! 

Roger that re Rant.   Re your last sentence -- we will!

• Like 1