2024 4* CB Jalewis Solomon (10/16: South Carolina)

ellitor

4 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

I'd love to see the SEC East get stronger. Make uga earn it. They almost slipped up against Mizzou last year. Pretty soon UT, USCe and UF will be threats, it's looking like.

FWIW this is the last year the SEC Least exists.

Auburn swoops in late, lands commitment from 4-star CB Jalewis Solomon

The younger brother of Zykevious Walker is now headed to Auburn himself

Christian Clemente4 mins

After growing up with his older brother Zykevious Walker, Jalewis Solomon will now join him on the Plains, announcing his commitment to Auburn on Saturday over South Carolina, Florida State, Texas A&M and Kentucky.

A dynamic athlete at 6-foot-1 and 185 pounds, Solomon is ranked in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as the No. 230 player, No. 19 athlete and No. 30 player from Georgia. While some schools recruited the Schley County product to play receiver, Auburn secondary coach Wesley McGriff zeroed in on him as one of his top cornerback targets. 

"Man, Coach Crime is electrical," Solomon said. "He’s always going to make sure I have a great time here, he’s always going to make sure I love it. He makes feel like an Auburn DB as of right now.

"I’d love to play for Coach (Hugh) Freeze, like why not? He kind of made a point when we were talking to him, he’s — whenever he beat ‘Bama in 2012 — it’s like, man, that’s different. He was saying that whenever I get here he’s going to make me a big impact for this team and I feel wanted here."

Already holding commitments from Jayden Lewis, A'Mon Lane and Jalyn Crawford to play cornerback or nickel — with Kensley Faustin at safety — Solomon was the top option that Auburn was still after at cornerback.

As a junior, Solomon caught 86 passes for 1,210 yards and 10 touchdowns for a Schley County squad that went 12-3 and played for a Peach State Class A Division II title. On defense, he was credited with 29 tackles, 4 PBU and 3 INT.

Also in the family is 5-star linebacker/edge rusher Zayden Walker, the No, 9 player in the Class of 2025.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RunInRed changed the title to 2024 4* CB Jalewis Solomon flips commit to AU!

I’m getting a little tipsy toasting all these commitments but I’ll take the bullet!

IMG_2960.jpeg

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Might be another indication that Bolden isn’t coming here. If we can keep Solomon (South Carolina was the clear leader until hours ago) and add Zaquan our DB class will be just fine.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Might be another indication that Bolden isn’t coming here. If we can keep Solomon (South Carolina was the clear leader until hours ago) and add Zaquan our DB class will be just fine.

This came down to the last minute.  The staff fought all day.  Relentless!

Solomon has some of the best hips, can turn on a dime 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Just now, bigbird said:

This came down to the last minute.  The staff fought all day.  Relentless!

Didn’t know he was Z Walker’s lil bro 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Was this really a flip?  I didn’t think he’d actually committed to anyone til today. 

I think you’re correct. USCe seemed to be leading until now.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I thought we were working hard to get both of them? I don't see why getting or missing on Bolden would have any effect on Solomon coming here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Didn’t know he was Z Walker’s lil bro 

Half brother I believe. 

• Like 1

Our 2025 Edge class is gonna mirror our 2024 DB class.

I'm pretty sure we are leaders for like 4 or 5 top 100 EDGE players in '25

• Love 1

Also nice to see how much support Freeze is getting. Not to take anything away from the staff, but it’s clear they are getting the resources they need. The shift in our recruiting is unbelievable. Auburn aligned. Wow. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Huge pickup and a bit of a surprise. WAR EAGLE and welcome to Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1