Recruiting Momentum

LPTiger

23 hours ago, W.E.D said:

CIte?

Ask @ellitor about how 90% of commits used to stick with their original teams. It's one of the things we agreed on.

18 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Was not thus always the case?

It's a question of degree. Before the NIL and relaxed transfer rules, flips were a LOT less common.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Ask @ellitor about how 90% of commits used to stick with their original teams. It's one of the things we agreed on.

18 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Ok, so give me evidence that it has drastically changed

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The evidence is apparent to everyone who follows recruiting.  You're trying to be a jerk and I'm not going to let you succeed. (in this case anyway). If others want to be jerked around by you that's their problem.

Edited by Mikey
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The evidence is apparent to everyone who follows recruiting.  You're trying to be a jerk and I'm not going to let you succeed. (in this case anyway). If others want to be jerked around by you that's their problem.

By asking for empirical evidence is not being a jerk, but I see its triggered you.  Flips have always happened.  We've always flipped kids and kids have always flipped away from us.  Coaching changes often exacerbate that as we saw last year, not so much NIL.  And we've been told specifically both Riddick & Perry weren't NIL related.

Having a "feeling" vs some factual evidence....sorry that triggers you.

Edited by W.E.D

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

By asking for empirical evidence is not being a jerk, but I see its triggered you.  Flips have always happened.  We've always flipped kids and kids have always flipped away from us.  Coaching changes often exacerbate that as we saw last year, not so much NIL.  And we've been told specifically both Riddick & Perry weren't NIL related.

Does "it's a question of degree" exceed your ability to comprehend or are you simply choosing to ignore it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Does "it's a question of degree" exceed your ability to comprehend or are you simply choosing to ignore it?

So di the  "degree" really change? Same principle applies. Did 90% change? Was it really NIL or just random correlation vs causation?

NIL and the portal have definitely effected transfer frequency 

46 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How can anyone have factual evidence of NIL?

Just now, Hank2020 said:

How can anyone have factual evidence of NIL?

I didn't ask for anything related to NIL. Apparently much less than 90% stay with their initial school and it abruptly changed.

I just asked for the numbers.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Not 

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I didn't ask for anything related to NIL. Apparently much less than 90% stay with their initial school and it abruptly changed.

I just asked for the numbers.

IMO intuitively, the willingness of recruits to change has increased.  I don’t know where someone would find direct evidence that it has as that is not data that anyone could use for an economic purpose. A good example is the recent recruit that had no leanings (reportedly) to aTm but landed there. Reportedly that was 100% NIL but in reality noone knows. I’m fairly confident that recruits feel much more willing to change than what they used to.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not 

IMO intuitively, the willingness of recruits to change has increased.  I don’t know where someone would find direct evidence that it has as that is not data that anyone could use for an economic purpose. A good example is the recent recruit that had no leanings (reportedly) to aTm but landed there. Reportedly that was 100% NIL but in reality noone knows. I’m fairly confident that recruits feel much more willing to change than what they used to.

I'd actually disagree. Recruits have laid out financial agreements vs unknowns 

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I understand your comments.

you answered Coleman committing to A&M. Not Flipping 

He had massive financial incentives and isn't going to flip BECAUSE  of NIL

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

you answered Coleman committing to A&M. Not Flipping 

He had massive financial incentives and isn't going to flip BECAUSE  of NIL

I understand. I used him as an example of how fast NIL can change things, which in my mind is the gist of the point. I would also say, if “massive financial incentives “ caused him to commit so suddenly, “even more massive financial incentives “ could conceivably induce the flip. At this point it is all opinion. 

43 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

At this point it is all opinion. 

Right...which goes back to the original point of are we really actually seeing an increase in flips?  Someone has "claimed" it was 90% in the past and now it is some "degree" different?  Is it really?  Has it been trending or consistently 90% for a decade+?  

47 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Right...which goes back to the original point of are we really actually seeing an increase in flips?  Someone has "claimed" it was 90% in the past and now it is some "degree" different?  Is it really?  Has it been trending or consistently 90% for a decade+?  

Clearly, you don’t think so, clearly I do, ( opinions not data) lol. We are digressing the thread with this side thread that adds no value to the thread so I will move on.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Spiderman GIFs | Tenor

@bigbird

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Clearly, you don’t think so, clearly I do

And when I asked for evidence that would help us decide what's really happening I was called a jetk. Lmao

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And when I asked for evidence that would help us decide what's really happening I was called a jetk. Lmao

To be fair you play the role of jetk well.  😉

Fortunately recruiting doesn’t depend so much on us, and more so on the coaches! Ready for some more good news 🔜 

58 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To be fair you play the role of jetk well.  😉

I'm a truth speaker 

I've carefully considered the submissions, fillings and arguments of each party and have decided that W.E.D, Hank2020 and Mikey are each exactly equally correct.   As each party is equally correct, neither party shall be assessed costs or fees.    This case is officially closed and the clerk of court is ordered to seal this file.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I've carefully considered the submissions, fillings and arguments of each party and have decided that W.E.D, Hank2020 and Mikey are each exactly equally correct.   As each party is equally correct, neither party shall be assessed costs or fees.    This case is officially closed and the clerk of court is ordered to seal this file.

image.gif.12f5442324673cd837f6dc5e55d2d9e6.gif

• Like 1