NIP WATCH 2023 !!!!!!!

WarTim

95 degrees at my house currently. But, as you know, The Nip is far more than temperature. So let’s hear it!! Those sights, sounds, smells, etc that tell YOU Football Season is just around the corner. War Eagle 🦅 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, WarTim said:

95 degrees at my house currently. But, as you know, The Nip is far more than temperature. So let’s hear it!! Those sights, sounds, smells, etc that tell YOU Football Season is just around the corner. War Eagle 🦅 

The local HS football team (Amory) has been practicing for a couple of weeks at the Middle School field that is two blocks from our house. I feel for those guys in this heat but I remember being that age and the heat didn't bother me like it does now. Anyway the team is practicing on that field due to the fact that the March tornado destroyed the athletic fields at the High School except for the softball field. That school is resilient for sure, the baseball team had to play the remainder of the season on the road and ended up with a State Championship. Now the football team will be playing their home games at the Tupelo HS stadium, blue turf and all, while the school still recovers and rebuilds. Anyway, the football is in the air and it's getting closer. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Fall Camp in just a couple days 

• Love 2

The only consolation I feel when school starts back is I know football is right around the corner. I love summer with my kids...the slower pace, having them around more. Impending Auburn football is the only thing that soothes my sadness. 

• Love 2

Lol this thread is the only reason I came to the main board from the nest 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Still hot but the humidity is noticeably lower in the 'ham this morning. We're getting close. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow ... 63 degrees this morning in KY. Nice!

• Like 1

Triple Digits every day this week in Vicksburg, MS!   But Fall Camp is starting next week for my beloved Auburn Tigers and my Warren Central Vikings!!!!   It may be a really warm Nip, but the Nip is coming soon!   I can’t wait!!!!

• Like 1

Still hot as Hades in Allen, Texas but two days ago I was in WhataBurger.  I had to wait in a long line as our sister community Fairview had a morning football practice and there were at least 25 very sweaty LoveJoy HS Football players in front of me.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Psci94m.jpg

Turn up the air conditioning and get this girl cooled off quickly.

• Like 2

McGill Toolen was out back practicing at around 7:30 last night (trying to avoid the hottest of the weather) and my South Alabama season tickets arrived.  So that has to mean football is almost here!

• Like 1

i think we should add to this tradition. we should all do a buttery nipple shot to celebrate. and man those things are great.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think we should add to this tradition. we should all do a buttery nipple shot to celebrate. and man those things are great.

I enjoy nips all year, this season is no different

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

Still hot but the humidity is noticeably lower in the 'ham this morning. We're getting close. 

Seriously, it felt much cooler this Am because the air was so much drier.   I am tired of 95 and sunny....

• Like 1

Last few evenings have cooled off significantly after sundown, or perhaps it just feels that way given how hot it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So my daughter had a 2 hour Band practice yesterday and when I picked her up she told me, I had no idea what it was like to practice for 2 hours in the heat was like. I just smiled and said you’re right, I just know what a week of 3 a days followed by a week of 2 a days in August in Texas are like. But keep going darling you can make it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Went to high school Freshmen orientation for my daughter in the cafeteria, and see the state Finals football banner on the wall as the football team is leaving practice outside the cafeteria windows. 1 month remaining. 

• Like 1

Don’t have a pic but for two weeks I have observed stripped pine cones and piles of empty seed pods. Usually this occurs in late august. The squirrels are already at work storing up for the winter. They are thinking long cold winter despite global warming predictions. This could be a harbinger for an early nip. Carry on.

• Like 1

WarTim this is my favorite board tradition going back forever. I was with my dog at the park the other day in Charleston SC, sun blazing down, and I stepped under a tree for some shade. Right about that time a nice breeze started up and the sun went behind a cloud. Just for a few glorious seconds, I felt - not The Nip, but some definite preconditions for The Nip, and I thought about you.

As always, I'm eagerly anticipating your official call. 

WDE

• Like 2
  • Love 1