Mark My Word - 2023

DaddyBoyAU

I'm feeling the excitement from everyone this year.  New coach, new attitude. So while we wait for the nip to be called we can pass the time making stupid bold predictions like we try to do every year around this time.

The rules are simple:  Make a bold prediction about the season that you have a gut feeling about, but most people might disagree - and/or think you are crazy for believing.  And start those predictions with "Mark My Word" because you are sure about it, no apologies.  This is a rule:  Don't debate or flame other posters' predictions on this thread, it is just for the predictions.  Another rule:  Don't make a wimpy prediction that everyone either knows or agrees with because, well, that would suck.  Exception to the rules: flaming will be allowed if you make a wimpy prediction. 

So predict anything about the season: AU football, rivals' football, AU Family (and the members), and even the Nip.  No politics please!

My predictions from last year didn't pan out.  I'm not going to revisit them here, but here's mine for this year.

Mark My Word:  Auburn upsets Georgia in front of a sold out Jordan Hare stadium - although Georgia still makes the SECCG.

Mark My Word:  Alabama loses three games this year, Saban announces retirement after the final loss in their bowl game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

Mark my words, ATM will fire Jimbo Fisher after an embarrassing home loss to the Auburn Tigers.

i read somewhere that petrino was upset with jimbo as he was only allowed to call three plays for the "O" at a recent practice and they had words. it appeared to be a legit article but who knows?

MMW

We have a 1k receiver

We have a 1k RB 

Simpson leads the team in INTs

Scott leads the team in tackles

• Like 3

Auburn wins every game it is favored to win and wins 2 games it is not favored to win.   Hunter finishes 3rd in the league in rushing with 40 less carries than number 1 and 2.  A receiver from Texas finishes 3rd in the league in TD receptions.  A former FSU commit is the SEC Freshman of the Year. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Auburn wins every game it is favored to win and wins 2 games it is not favored to win.   Hunter finishes 3rd in the league in rushing with 40 less carries than number 1 and 2.  A receiver from Texas finishes 3rd in the league in TD receptions.  A former FSU commit is the SEC Freshman of the Year. 

Good call on Faulk

• Like 2

MMW 

Auburn wins 10 games

Auburn beats Alabama in Jordan Hare 

We have a 3K passer, a 1K Receiver, and two 1K RB’s.

Edited by CameronCrazy
  • Like 2

Everybody’s MMW is almost the same thing! And that’s because it’s NOT outlandish and we all BELIEVE in this team!!! 😊 And these coaches!!!  I’m really starting to get excited. 😁  

• Like 5

Mark My Words: UGA has no option but to fire Kirby Smart by season’s end after another player and/or staffer loss of life due to a speeding-related incident, or a resulting lawsuit 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

MMW

We have a 1000k receiver

We have a 1000k RB 

Who do you think is the 1000k receiver by chance..shorter?

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Who do you think is the 1000k receiver by chance..shorter?

Yeah, I think it'll be Shorter...or Fairweather 

• Like 1

Robby Ashford does the the little double fake reverse play action post pass Marshall and Newton scored in their SEC CGs on 

* if he starts 

edit: Newton didn’t score on that play but it was the first big pass of the day for him 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

MMW

We have a 1000k receiver

We have a 1000k RB 

Those are some huge numbers. If just one of these happens, Auburn goes undefeated with blowout wins, gets the natty, and the Heisman, new statue, etc. 🤣

• Haha 1

MMW, Geringer starts by game 7.

Faulk is 2d team all SEC after his true freshman year

meltdowns on this board begin in earnest in September 

this is Sabans final season at Bama (they win it all and he decides to "go out on top")

we'll be as happy with the 2024 season as we are frustrated by 2023.

Both TX & Okla play SEC teams in their bowls

Oh man, I love MMW!!!!!

MMW, Auburn wins the Iron Bowl to finish 9-3 regular season.  
MMW, this isn’t the year we have a 1000 yard receiver, but we do have 3 guys surpass last years leading total (JJ with 493)

MMW, the AU 2024 recruiting class will win a Natty before they leave!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

MMW

We have a 1000k receiver

We have a 1000k RB 

1000K rb?  hahahaaaa, on a motorcycle

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, tiger1168 said:

Mmw 

our qb play will be better this year 

Our QB play had better be better this year…it can’t get much worse than last year. If it’s not better this year, then we’re in some deep doodoo 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1