Mark My Word - 2023

DaddyBoyAU

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I'd love to see Auburn upset Georgia, but I don't think it will happen, not this year, anyway.

As for Bama losing three games and Saban riding off into the sunset, if that happens you couldn't tickle me anymore if you stuck a feather up my a$$.

🦆

On 8/12/2023 at 11:30 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

MMW- Auburn will lead the nation in KR and PR yards. 

MMW- Auburn will have the best kicker in the league who will miss an easy one early but then bat a thousand throughout the rest of the season

Battie says he hears you loud and clear and agrees.   Li'l bro Carlson hit a 57 yarder yesterday and big bro upped him a few hours later with a 62.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:52 PM, bigbird said:

Yeah, I think it'll be Shorter...or Fairweather 

Hooks and Fair as well.   We are going from the outhouse to the penthouse in just 1 year!!!!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We are going from the outhouse to the penthouse in just 1 year!!!!!!

Wonder how many on the board have actually had to use an outhouse

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I stayed at a Motel Six once, does that count?

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

My mom is about to turn 85 and she screams louder than anyone for AU!   At Thanksgiving the whole family used to gather at her and her 2 sisters "old home place" in Henry Co Alabama.  It had an out house and a "smokehouse."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

My mom is about to turn 85 and she screams louder than anyone for AU!   At Thanksgiving the whole family used to gather at her and her 2 sisters "old home place" in Henry Co Alabama.  It had an out house and a "smokehouse."

With a root cellar and mule barn she would be high society in the country

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Just now, augolf1716 said:

With a root cellar and mule barn she would be high society in the country

100% Golf!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Fifty, in case you see this, the "smokehouse" was all about preserving protein, nothing more, nothing less😀

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

What part of Henry County?

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

i spent a short whileup on sand mountain close to snead crossroads. we ran a country store that had an old white wooden church behind it. they had the first three seater i ever saw. taking a potty with two other fellows could get rough is my thinking. it will shock folks but i used to help lead the choir. i was a good kid. not sure what happened..........lol

mmw when Auburn scores their first touchdown saturday you willbe able to hear the crowd as far away as east glenn ave. i know this for a fact because we would listen on the radio and you could here them erupt!. wonderful times for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

What part of Henry County?

Mom was born is Capps Station.   They moved to Neville when she was a teenager.   Do you have family from Henry Co?

12 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Fifty, in case you see this, the "smokehouse" was all about preserving protein, nothing more, nothing less😀

Something about “munchees” comes to mind!!

23 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Mom was born is Capps Station.   They moved to Neville when she was a teenager.   Do you have family from Henry Co?

Yes. Raised in Abbeville. Lived on Columbia road just south of town. Like that you can call out Capps Station. Next you will be name dropping Graball. My mother (88) still lives in our home place.

Mark My Word - Auburn will beat 1 of Alabama or Georgia

Mark My Word - Auburn will finally stop playing down to their competition and blow out / beat the teams they are supposed to and not get blown out by the top teams.  Auburn should be in every game this season going into the 4th quarter.

MMW:

Both newcomers in SEC next year finish 1 and 2 in the final year in Big12.

Big 12 is the first conference to reach 20 teams

Not for long, as SEC brings in 4 more teams from ACC.

My guy, Fairweather, is one of the (2) thousand yard receivers this year!!

Jarquez finishes with over 1300 yards rushing. 

Payton Thorne has a better year than any QB Bama throws out there. 

Caleb Williams snubs the NFL for his final collegiate season once he sees the Cardinals have the first pick from the most blatant tank job ever. He makes more money in college than he would as an NFL rookie. 

This is actually the year.  Bo Nix wins the Heisman.  Thorne is in the conversation in November. 

Oh and Kentucky beats Georgia but not win the East for choking against Tennessee and maybe South Carolina. 

Edited by AUBwins

MMW:

Auburn is much improved on 3rd and long defense, but struggles to stop the run consistently 
Georgia loses at home to Kentucky
Florida loses to South Carolina and Arkansas
Vandy upsets Tennessee to end the year

AU goes to a bowl and, as usual, faces a team having a season of a lifetime, or playing over their heads for a coach who is retiring, but this time we win anyway.

Edited by VicTree
Forgot my bowl prediction
  • Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 5:37 AM, aubiefifty said:

i spent a short whileup on sand mountain close to snead crossroads. we ran a country store that had an old white wooden church behind it. they had the first three seater i ever saw. taking a potty with two other fellows could get rough is my thinking. it will shock folks but i used to help lead the choir. i was a good kid. not sure what happened..........lol

Wife's Family is from Nixon's Chapel-Douglas-Horton.

MMW, we finish with 9 wins, but have a midseason slump, finish strong.

We beat or scare the crap out of bama. bama doesn't play for a title.

We solidly take over 3rd in the West. 

Freeze discovers he and his staff really like the AU Fanbase.

UGA discovers that Stetson Bennett really was the shiznitts.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 5:37 PM, aubiefifty said:

I am from Sand Mountain Fifty.  Boaz.  Halfway around the world in Indonesia now.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, roe4christ said:

I am from Sand Mountain Fifty.  Boaz.  Halfway around the world in Indonesia now.

before i was hired by the feds i worked for a surveying company out of gadsden. we did a lot of work up there. i laughed when some dude pulled up by me and asked where booze alabama was.lol            -  

On 8/24/2023 at 12:26 PM, WillMunny said:

I've thought about this one for a while now:

Mark My Word - Auburn will have two 1000-yard rushers this year, and NEITHER will be Jarquez Hunter.

Mark My Word.

Although initially a very long shot, this doesn't look completely impossible after yesterday.  I was afraid Jarquez Hunter might be held out for a while.

On 8/28/2023 at 6:45 PM, AUBwins said:

Caleb Williams snubs the NFL for his final collegiate season once he sees the Cardinals have the first pick from the most blatant tank job ever. He makes more money in college than he would as an NFL rookie. 

Interesting ...

• Like 1