Mark My Word - 2023

DaddyBoyAU

4 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Those are some huge numbers. If just one of these happens, Auburn goes undefeated with blowout wins, gets the natty, and the Heisman, new statue, etc. 🤣

32 minutes ago, aucat said:

1000K rb?  hahahaaaa, on a motorcycle

Fixed. Thanks for being gentle.😂

• Like 1

MMW

Alabama beats Georgia for the Natty but Loses in JHS

Auburn finishes top 5 recruiting class

LSU has a Sophmore slump under Kelly and have 4 loses

13 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Mark My Words: UGA has no option but to fire Kirby Smart by season’s end after another player and/or staffer loss of life due to a speeding-related incident, or a resulting lawsuit 

I really hope that doesn't happen. If CKS is smart, no pun intended, he will start making examples of idiots who break the law. That will be Kirby's downfall. 

MMW

Auburn wins 8 regular season games, but beats Bama

Auburn beats Ole Miss like a drum.

Lane Kiffin leaves Ole Miss at the end of the season

Texas A&M is as bad or worse than they were last year and they clean house at seasons end.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Texas A&M is as bad or worse than they were last year and they clean house at seasons end.

What is his buyout this year?

6 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

What is his buyout this year?

"Fisher's contract buyout is staggering for lack of a better word. If Fisher is fired after 2023, A&M would owe him $77 million. After the 2024 season that goes down to $68 million. After 2025, it's reduced to $58 million and goes down roughly $10 million each season."

Source

Edited by Paladin
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paladin said:

"Fisher's contract buyout is staggering for lack of a better word. If Fisher is fired after 2023, A&M would owe him $77 million. After the 2024 season that goes down to $68 million. After 2025, it's reduced to $58 million and goes down roughly $10 million each season."

Source

Bwahahaha!

Hard to imagine anyone could absorb this kind of buyoff!

And I was upset at Gus getting $24million!

• Like 2

Late to the party so some good ones already stated.....

MMW- Auburn will have a TRFr and a Tramsfer earn at worst 2nd team All SEC honors on Defense.

MMW- Auburn will lead the nation in KR and PR yards. 

MMW- Auburn will have the best kicker in the league who will miss an easy one early but then bat a thousand throughout the rest of the season

MMW- There will be no QB controversy. Thorne will have some growing pains similar to Stidham in 2017 but by week 3 or 4 will look like one of top QBs in the SEC

As for the rest of the SEC-

MMW- Bama will lose 3 games

MMW UGA will not 3peat. USCe and UTk knock them off. 

Aggies have a 500 season

Ole Miss wins 8 games but get slaughtered by AU

No West team has fewer than 2 losses. 

• Like 1

Mmw

Tennessee wins the east 

LSU wins the west 

Auburn will have 2 running backs over 850 yards. 
Fairweather is an all-American and wins the award for the best TE in the country 

DJ has 5 INTs this fall. 

Mark My Word:

If Geriner is equally strong in next scrimmage and Thorne is not improved Geriner will be starter in 1st game. If Thorne improves he will start 1st game but Geriner will see a lot of action and might eventually be the starter.

Auburn will upset some teams this year and record will be 8-4 or better. 

Auburn will play Georgia close and give them a scare. 

Auburn will have 3 RB's with over 500 yards and at least 1 over 1000 yards.

Auburn will have a 1000 Yard receiver

• Like 1

Back in 2013, in the "Mark My Word" thread, I predicted we would win the SEC West, but that was based on Texas A&M being disqualified by the NCAA.

This time, my "Mark My Word" is Auburn will win 10 regular season games.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

We will be good on offense, bad on defense and win 7 games. It will be like the 2009 season.

Not sure where this comes from. The DL will be above average, the DBs will be among the best in the SEC. The question is the LBs.

I am more concerned with offense than defense.

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If Geriner is equally strong in next scrimmage and Thorne is not improved Geriner will be starter in 1st game.

-> This is reasonable. Geriner is talented, and has experience. He is better than Bo Nix was when he started as a true freshman.

Auburn will play Georgia close and give them a scare.

-> This makes sense. We will play up to the opposing talent and give teams scares. Some we will beat, some will escape.

Auburn will have 3 RB's with over 500 yards and at least 1 over 1000 yards.

-> This makes complete sense.

Auburn will have a 1000 Yard receiver

-> Not so sure. We may spread the ball out so much we don't have a 1,000 yard receiver.

Mark My Word:

AU will flip or land another 2024 Top 100 recruit from the 2024 class we don't know or not talking much about.

AU will beat Ole Miss.

AU finishes no worst than 3rd in the West.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 6:13 PM, AUGoo said:

Bwahahaha!

Hard to imagine anyone could absorb this kind of buyoff!

And I was upset at Gus getting $24million!

Yeah, it’s a similar situation to the one we were in a few years ago.    They have donors with extremely deep pockets, but asking for $77 mil just to fire a coach is a tough sell.   They certainly have the money, but they may not be willing to fork it over to fire Jimbo unless it’s an absolute disaster of epic proportions!  
 I said the minute they hired him, and I saw the terms of the contract, that was the dumbest decision I’ve ever seen a school make! (and I’m AU family, I’ve seen some pretty dumb ones!!!)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought about this one for a while now:

Mark My Word - Auburn will have two 1000-yard rushers this year, and NEITHER will be Jarquez Hunter.

Mark My Word.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I've thought about this one for a while now:

Mark My Word - Auburn will have two 1000-yard rushers this year, and NEITHER will be Jarquez Hunter.

Mark My Word.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

MMW:

Auburn loses to Cal. 

With expectations tempered, we hold our own in midseason.

We beat Bama, and finish the year 8-5 after a bowl win against a team from Texas.

We sign the best recruiting class of all time, and in 2024, we make a run for the Natty. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/11/2023 at 3:55 PM, DaddyBoyAU said:

I'm feeling the excitement from everyone this year.  New coach, new attitude. So while we wait for the nip to be called we can pass the time making stupid bold predictions like we try to do every year around this time.

The rules are simple:  Make a bold prediction about the season that you have a gut feeling about, but most people might disagree - and/or think you are crazy for believing.  And start those predictions with "Mark My Word" because you are sure about it, no apologies.  This is a rule:  Don't debate or flame other posters' predictions on this thread, it is just for the predictions.  Another rule:  Don't make a wimpy prediction that everyone either knows or agrees with because, well, that would suck.  Exception to the rules: flaming will be allowed if you make a wimpy prediction. 

So predict anything about the season: AU football, rivals' football, AU Family (and the members), and even the Nip.  No politics please!

My predictions from last year didn't pan out.  I'm not going to revisit them here, but here's mine for this year.

Mark My Word:  Auburn upsets Georgia in front of a sold out Jordan Hare stadium - although Georgia still makes the SECCG.

Mark My Word:  Alabama loses three games this year, Saban announces retirement after the final loss in their bowl game.

I'd love to see Auburn upset Georgia, but I don't think it will happen, not this year, anyway.

As for Bama losing three games and Saban riding off into the sunset, if that happens you couldn't tickle me anymore if you stuck a feather up my a$$.