Post Cal Game Reset. Don’t Panic.

passthebiscuits

16 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

This was basically game 1 for the offense. The group (coaches and players) will improve with more game reps, no way to know by how much.

Why are you not counting UMass?

19 hours ago, Didba said:

My work load has been ramping up at work with more important task, responsibilities, etc.

I’ve been here at this firm for 6 months now so the training wheels are more or less gone and I’m off to the races. 

Lions Den Theory of Training. IOW, the good ones figure it out on their own and get the job done. No hand-holding. I think I would put my money on you. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 1:22 AM, passthebiscuits said:

A very ugly win, but a win none the less.

Hopefully we learn from this one. Saw some really good halftime adjustments tho. I thought we would lose this one, so I’ll take the win. 

Obviously, you see what I’m saying about not being world-beaters this year. But y’all…the team we had on paper before Freeze would have been run out of that stadium. 

I remember back to 2010 when we won it all, and we had a very ugly win at home against Miss State and a very ugly win at Kentucky. Sometimes I think we get pretty short sided. 

Also, if we win 37-33 people would probably give us grief about our defense. I dunno. I just think there’s way too much positive with our program right now to do what we usually do and go off the rails.

Final thought. Please please please Auburn people, don’t lose your grip on reality. We traveled out to California with a brand new football team and beat a team with a pulse. We are moving in a positive direction in all areas. Let’s celebrate this program and a win! For the love, just keep heading forward! WDE! 

That's what I'm talking about. for the last two years not only did we have to put up with a coaching staff which didn't have to the team ready to play but unlike Saturday night we would have to tolerate them getting their a$$ handed to them. I was not happy with the way they played but at least they came home with a win. 

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Why are you not counting UMass?

The 1st team didn’t play that much, and because of how the game flowed we didn’t get a chance to build our identity or get meaningful reps that would build some cohesiveness as a unit. We still haven’t established a 1st team or an identity. The more live game reps we get the more we will know, and hopefully the more we will improve.

• Like 2