Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

1 minute ago, aujohnson said:

I’m not trying to argue that they don’t have value and can’t be lightning in a bottle, just that getting a transfer costs money now and it is a gamble with that money. 
It’s very possible to hit big but there is the real possibility to just be burning money. 
It seems that the thinking right now in the athletics department is that burning money is more likely than PT success. 

PT success , like at Michigan state , hinges on those surrounded around him. Clearly we are taking that route. I hope it works. 

• Like 2

Just now, aujohnson said:

I’m not trying to argue that they don’t have value and can’t be lightning in a bottle, just that getting a transfer costs money now and it is a gamble with that money. 
It’s very possible to hit big but there is the real possibility to just be burning money. 
It seems that the thinking right now in the athletics department is that burning money is more likely than PT success. 

Every player is a gamble. It has always been that way. Nobody cared when a coach is wasting a roster spot on their son or something like that. I promise nobody is going to go hungry offering a guy a little nil money

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Think about what you are saying..... If Kentucky went 10-3 and 7-4 what would they had done without him? 

You trying to set some standard like a guy isn't worth it unless he wins a championship makes no sense. On top of you moving the goal post. 

Once again the point is it's dumb to try to stand on a premise of if a QB couldn't beat out the guy at his school he's not going to be good enough here. That's it. Nobody talking and making any point to make that logic be sound. Period. 

But beyond that if you can't see how Kentucky going 10-3 is not only good it's amazing for them then I don't know what to tell you. 

And lastly put that logic to yourself the other way around. We have waaaaay more than 4 players that aren't transfers, if the odds are so much better than transfers where are your results? Are we just bad at it?

Is Kentucky better off now than they were before him in any way? Their record doesn’t show it. 
We have no way of knowing what their record would be…probably not 10-3 but very possibly 7-4

I didn’t say anything about a back up. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Backups become starters all the time and excel  

My point about our 4 transfers is that them coming in didn’t change things because the problems were what was around them. 

And I do believe it is pointless to spend money without a lasting gain, whether that be hardware or changing the trajectory. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

PT success , like at Michigan state , hinges on those surrounded around him. Clearly we are taking that route. I hope it works. 

🤞🏼

• Like 1

What would be the price comparison for the best QB available vs both Walter Nolen and Evan Stewart?
If we could get those two and get two really effective O-lineman, could we play for some hardware??😌

Edited by aujohnson
Punctuation and clarification

7 hours ago, aujohnson said:

Is Kentucky better off now than they were before him in any way? Their record doesn’t show it. 
We have no way of knowing what their record would be…probably not 10-3 but very possibly 7-4

I didn’t say anything about a back up. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Backups become starters all the time and excel  

My point about our 4 transfers is that them coming in didn’t change things because the problems were what was around them. 

And I do believe it is pointless to spend money without a lasting gain, whether that be hardware or changing the trajectory. 

Back up? What are you talking about? 

You know what? Nevermind. Ok to whatever you saying

It honestly does not matter what anyone thinks here.  The recruits are obviously okay with Thorne as QB1 for a year or else they would have looked elsewhere.  You also have guys choosing to stay another year as well.  Let’s see what the guy can do in 2025.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It honestly does not matter what anyone thinks here.  The recruits are obviously okay with Thorne as QB1 for a year or else they would have looked elsewhere.  You also have guys choosing to stay another year as well.  Let’s see what the guy can do in 2025.

Well. It doesn't matter what anyone on here says about anything truthfully.  We can still all have our opinions and post them.  PT may well be the answer. What's troubling is lack of experience behind him. I question why HG didn't get more snaps. Freeze should have given HG some of Robbies snaps if he was to be the #2 guy.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, aujohnson said:

When was the last time they had two years in a row with that type record. I would venture probably never.

13 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well. It doesn't matter what anyone on here says about anything truthfully.  We can still all have our opinions and post them.  PT may well be the answer. What's troubling is lack of experience behind him. I question why HG didn't get more snaps. Freeze should have given HG some of Robbies snaps if he was to be the #2 guy.

There’s definitely some criticism on CHF for that decision.

41 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I question why HG didn't get more snaps. Freeze should have given HG some of Robbies snaps if he was to be the #2 guy.

It was mid-season before Freeze decided that Robbie wasn't going to be part of the QB-1 setup. It hardly made any sense to give snaps to Geriner, who was QB-3 at that time.

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It was mid-season before Freeze decided that Robbie wasn't going to be part of the QB-1 setup. It hardly made any sense to give snaps to Geriner, who was QB-3 at that time.

That decision should have been made long b4 mid-season.  Freeze had all spring and fall camp as well as tape from last year to see that Robby didn't fit in his future plans. I like Freeze. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite him if PT gets hurt.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

They can't seem to understand that only when it's something they don't agree with then it's not only do we know what we are talking about, we know more than the coaches and players. But if it's the other way around it's what was just said. 

And don't let someone be right, if time proves you to be right then it will be why do you feel the need to be right or why are you bringing up old stuff. My favorite one is you bring it up and someone will drop in and say for ex. I don't remember anybody saying we don't need to bring in another QB at all. I think you are just making it up to start an argument.  It's a funny tactic used for you to not have a voice

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aujohnson said:

Kentucky went 10-3 and then 7-4 the second with Levis and no legit hardware to show for it. I have no idea what they paid but I’m not sure I see a return. 

LOL those types of results get you a parade in Lexington my man. Will Levis will probably never have to buy a drink when he visits the bluegrass state putting up 17 wins in 2 years

• Thanks 1

I read the article where freeze said he's pretty much scared to bring anybody else in because he would lose PT and the other guy..... To me that's pathetic but hey I can't tell him how to feel. 

Reality is we have too many wr to keep them all happy, somebody is going to leave but at least one of them needs to be a star. We are going to have to target throwing down field alot more this coming up year. It's going to be a very important year, we are going to have to look like a top tier offense no ifs ands or buts. We are gambling the future with PT and whoever the back up is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LOL those types of results get you a parade in Lexington my man. Will Levis will probably never have to buy a drink when he visits the bluegrass state putting up 17 wins in 2 years

We aren’t playing the same game we were three years ago. A transfer isn’t just another scholarship. It costs actual money beyond that and the ceiling for the cost is a team’s amount of desperation. 
College football is a business whether we like it or not and businesses don’t last long if they don’t get a return on their money. 
Feeling good for 12 months might be worth it or it might not be. 
If you don’t KNOW that you are spending money wisely, you don’t spend it. 
Clearly the people making the decision that actually control the money and where it goes, and by the way have much more information, think PT is the path to take currently. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Cool so last year was a failure and this year is a failure if we don't win a championship

It is if we aren’t moving toward one. 

2 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

It is if we aren’t moving toward one. 

Well if you said a guy going 17-7 at a bottom feeder wasn't moving toward one then PT needs to win a title to move towards one

Edited by cole256

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well if you said a guy going 17-7 at a bottom feeder wasn't moving toward one then PT needs to win a title to move towards one

Right, because getting a championship this next year is the only way we can move towards one. That’s a ridiculous reach. 

Is Kentucky closer than they were? Seems like the evidence says they aren’t. 

Auburn’s (CHF) goal is to build a championship team. A team that is in the hunt regularly.

You are arguing against the people with the most knowledge and the most to gain/lose (the coaches) not me  

I would love to add Cam Newton to the team and win it all but I’m guessing the coaches haven’t identified that person.

Edited by aujohnson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I read the article where freeze said he's pretty much scared to bring anybody else in because he would lose PT and the other guy..... To me that's pathetic but hey I can't tell him how to feel. 

Reality is we have too many wr to keep them all happy, somebody is going to leave but at least one of them needs to be a star. We are going to have to target throwing down field alot more this coming up year. It's going to be a very important year, we are going to have to look like a top tier offense no ifs ands or buts. We are gambling the future with PT and whoever the back up is. 

Scared? He was throwing out scenarios about going to the portal for a QB. End of day he feels better with what he has. Reading comprehension Cole.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Scared? He was throwing out scenarios about going to the portal for a QB. End of day he feels better with what he has. Reading comprehension Cole.

Yes scared. Please stop writing me. You are the picture of going along with just anything just because. We don't have anything to talk about.

Comprehension period St 

Edited by cole256
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aujohnson said:

Right, because getting a championship this next year is the only way we can move towards one. That’s a ridiculous reach. 

Auburn’s (CHF) goal is to build a championship team. A team that is in the hunt regularly.

You are arguing against the people with the most knowledge and the most to gain/lose (the coaches) not me  

I would love to add Cam Newton to the team and win it all but I’m guessing the coaches haven’t identified that person.

I know it's a ridiculous reach, it was that ridiculous when you said it about them. Hilarious.

So what can we do to get closer that Kentucky didn't do. 

3 hours ago, aujohnson said:

Yes, actually they are. 

Lemme snip for ya.

image.png

You'll notice a streak of AP rankings the past 5-6 years that ... well, just didn't happen for them before.

3 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Yes, actually they are. 

Lemme snip for ya.

image.png

You'll notice a streak of AP rankings the past 5-6 years that ... well, just didn't happen for them before.

Thanks for proving what I said, Levis didn’t do anything but almost repeat what they did 3 years before he got there. 👍🏼