Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Title 9 violation.

Not quite.  But it did rise to the level of something that was decided above the athletic department level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

what are you trying to say pot?

Nothing. You gave titan an “amen” on his reply to me and I started to comment but decided to just let it go cause I’m cool with you. I’m cool with everyone else, too, for that matter unless they just want to throw unfounded insults 

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

In a general sense, sure.  You can post whatever harebrained notions rattling around your brain - on Twitter, on your own email chain, on your Facebook page or whatever.  But when people here know information about this and we know that this wasn't done by Freeze to get his guys in here then, no, you're not free to imply that bull**** here.  Known bull**** will get nuked.  Reposting the same bull**** after it's been removed will get that person a time out.  

Is this clearer for you now?

This is what you said:

I guess we will see, soon, why Etheridge has to go. I guess that won’t have anything to do with just bringing in Freeze’s guy either?

Anyone with more than a double digit IQ can read that and see that you're implying this was about Freeze "just bringing in [his] guys."  What we're telling you is that is not the case with either of these resignations and subsequent hires.

I know you are trying to get through his thick skull but some people are too entrenched in their beliefs…

Just now, PotPot said:

Nothing. You gave titan an “amen” on his reply to me and I started to comment but decided to just let it go cause I’m cool with you. I’m cool with everyone else, too, for that matter unless they just want to throw unfounded insults 

i got  no bad feelings with you mr pot. your name is one of my favorite things. i was sucking up to titan and nothing more......grins

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Your saying Nix isn't getting hired to replace Caddy?

Man stop already. You are beng asinine 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

May I imply that PotPot is only here to stir the pot?

May I imply that PotPot probably has nothing to do with Mary Jane, and more to do with what a pot can be used for?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

May I imply that PotPot probably has nothing to do with Mary Jane, and more to do with what a pot can be used for?🤣

i got a nice wake and bake buzz so i am enjoying this...........great zinger! hall of fame worthy.........

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not quite.  But it did rise to the level of something that was decided above the athletic department level.

I really, really hate this.

5 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

May I imply that PotPot is only here to stir the pot?

You may not. It’s not allowed. 😄

I also don’t do anything else “pot” related, before you go implying that, lol.

All I’m saying is, we all knew last year that freeze would replace the entire previous staff, eventually. We also knew that he absolutely could not replace caddy or zach last year from a PR perspective. Still can’t. They have to leave on their own. Zach “upgraded” to DB coach at UH. Caddy, unfortunately, couldn’t find an “upgrade” from associate head coach. That is irrefutable. It is what it is. What it is is just bidness. But what do I know? I’m just a “dolt”, “bull****ter”, and “pot stirrer”.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No meltdown all is good 

Auburn social media including this board love to meltdown. They love to pick heroes and villains. 

11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I know that there’s something and it’s icky. I know that nobody wants to talk about it, and the one person who knows ain’t talking about it. So it likely isn’t my business. I think this was the way for caddy to save face. There will be some more. 
it’s going to be ok. I think we come out of this stronger. We’ve got to keep pulling in the same direction. 

It is just a reflection of society. This stuff is happening all over in all different variations. Auburn U is not EVER going to be immune. You bring people in and they are going to do inappropriate stuff. 

7 minutes ago, PotPot said:

All I’m saying is, we all knew last year that freeze would replace the entire previous staff, eventually. We also knew that he absolutely could not replace caddy or zach last year from a PR perspective. Still can’t. They have to leave on their own. Zach “upgraded” to DB coach at UH. Caddy, unfortunately, couldn’t find an “upgrade” from associate head coach. That is irrefutable. It is what it is. What it is is just bidness. But what do I know? I’m just a “dolt”, “bull****ter”, and “pot stirrer”.

I just don’t think you are looking at all information that is floating around, some by reputable sources not just the usual cast of characters here.  

I guess as far as that goes, you may be right.  Some smoke and mirrors that are all a cover for your theory.  

Believe what you will.  I personally will not try and convince you otherwise.  

Just know that there are also people out there that think birds aren’t real.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

💩

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PotPot said:

Let's just put it to you this way, on Dec. 1 if you asked CHF he would have said Cadillac and Zac would be on his staff.  That was the plan.  Something happened, the university got involved and them staying was just not feasible.  The way it has been handled is an attempt to save face for both coaches.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Auburn761345163036 said:

It’s a shame the PTB let Freeze run Cadillac out of town because he wants to bring in one of his Liberty boys or he jealous because Cadillac is so popular with the Auburn fan base. Hope he doesn’t wind up at uat as an assistant coach

Let me help you with something here, that should be incredibly easy for people to understand:

When you resign without a place to go, like this situation, you are more than likely the problem.

what I can gather, they were generous to let him go this way.

• Like 1

I never understood why some people on here respond to some of these post.   They are obviously trolls.   Don’t give their comments a second thought.   Trolls be trolling 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Let me help you with something here, that should be incredibly easy for people to understand:

When you resign without a place to go, like this situation, you are more than likely the problem.

what I can gather, they were generous to let him go this way.

Before more info came out, this was my sign that something major had happened. If Caddy was just unhappy with freeze, he would’ve taken another job. The fact that he resigned with no new job was pretty telling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

.  I would say it is more like a policy infraction.  It makes logical sense.    If it is the real reason, there are some places that it would not effect someone's job.   I hope it is the reason.   

image.gif.1addfd74c4c5e51298cfe7cecbd9fc52.gif

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I never understood why some people on here respond to some of these post.   They are obviously trolls.   Don’t give their comments a second thought.   Trolls be trolling 

Sometimes you respond for the benefit of the lurkers who never post - to swat down nonsense so no one thinks there must be something to it since it went unchallenged.  Obviously we don't bother to respond to every nutjob posting erroneous stuff, but sometimes the stakes are high enough that it warrants a rejoinder.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Sometimes you respond for the benefit of the lurkers who never post - to swat down nonsense so no one thinks there must be something to it since it went unchallenged.  Obviously we don't bother to respond to every nutjob posting erroneous stuff, but sometimes the stakes are high enough that it warrants a rejoinder.

This. I’d argue that misinformation on the web is one of the biggest societal problems in general right now. A lot of people don’t dig and take the first thing they read at face value. If you don’t call out nonsense when you see it, what starts getting circulated is bad info. Obviously misinformation on an Auburn board is not a societal problem. But it could lead to the wrong image getting put out for Auburn.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

My great grandmother had one under her bed for night time use! It probably smelled better than the one on this board.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PotPot said:

Everyone is free to imply whatever they want, even if it’s bull****, as you say. For the record, I’ve never stated which implication I was making, anyway. But twitter posts and “trust me” statements are not proof of anything.

The only definitive statement I have made is that we all knew that the previous coaching staff would be replaced by the new head coach. It could not happen last year for obvious reasons. But it just happened. 
Now, if anyone can refute that statement, I’m all ears 

Wasn’t long ago “free to imply whatever one wanted” could end up being considered slander.