Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Damn! Titan be like Shawn Michaels when Shelton Benjamin came flying at him...

rA9Qls.gif

Par for the course 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR said:

Theyre expected to be replaced with Derrick Nix and McGriff returning. If this is the case, the recruiting will be better than before

Didn’t McGriff take a job with A&M a few days ago?

24 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Didn’t McGriff take a job with A&M a few days ago?

Never signed the deal and is coming back.  

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No meltdown all is good 

It's not just the fact we are losing two good coaches but we are also losing two damn good recruiters. I am really surprised Caddy just up and pulled out. 

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

It's not just the fact we are losing two good coaches but we are also losing two damn good recruiters. I am really surprised Caddy just up and pulled out. 

Phrasing. 

• Haha 5

Good luck to Caddy and Zac and thank you for all you've done for Auburn University. I hope we get to see you guys prowling the Orange and Blue sidelines in the near future. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PotPot said:

Lol. You guys are all a riot! I am reminded why I have mostly been a “lurker” on this board for 15+ years.

...Again, as a 15+ year “lurker”, I should have known better...

Yes you should have. And now we know why.😎

5 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

I couldn't make it through 6 pages. It sounds like a bunch of people that have connections saying that they know that Caddy did something inappropriate, but he is leaving so that none of this becomes public and that there is no way to confirm.

So maybe Caddy made a mistake and maybe a big mistake. And Zac is being let go because he defended Caddy or also did something wrong?  And zillions of rumors are swirling on what exactly happened because the truth won't be put out "to protect their family." Even though it will eventually get out anyways, the way the world works now with SM and I'm sure it sucks for their family either way. But this way people won't know what's really true based on how this is being handled.

Yet we have head coaches in both football and basketball that have made some publicly known mistakes, with Hugh's being obviously more egregious. I don't know, but just saying trust us, we know something and it's bad feels patronizing and hypocritical if you're all in on Hugh. He knows how this process works and should know the pitfalls for his top staff. Sure, he can't control them, but cmon, coaches have occasionally been held accountable for "lack of institutional control" for years.  With Hugh's past, I'm hoping that he tried to limit things like this from happening. But I'm guessing we'll never know.

Yes and yes.

5 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

I couldn't make it through 6 pages. It sounds like a bunch of people that have connections saying that they know that Caddy did something inappropriate, but he is leaving so that none of this becomes public and that there is no way to confirm.

So maybe Caddy made a mistake and maybe a big mistake. And Zac is being let go because he defended Caddy or also did something wrong?  And zillions of rumors are swirling on what exactly happened because the truth won't be put out "to protect their family." Even though it will eventually get out anyways, the way the world works now with SM and I'm sure it sucks for their family either way. But this way people won't know what's really true based on how this is being handled.

Yet we have head coaches in both football and basketball that have made some publicly known mistakes, with Hugh's being obviously more egregious. I don't know, but just saying trust us, we know something and it's bad feels patronizing and hypocritical if you're all in on Hugh. He knows how this process works and should know the pitfalls for his top staff. Sure, he can't control them, but cmon, coaches have occasionally been held accountable for "lack of institutional control" for years.  With Hugh's past, I'm hoping that he tried to limit things like this from happening. But I'm guessing we'll never know.

These coaches are grown men with families.  Hugh shouldn't have to have to limit anything.  If they did something inappropriate,  it's on them. These aren't 18 ÿr old kids

• Like 9

I always LOVE Cadillac Williams. But, if he wasn’t carrying his weight, then it’s time to move on. Auburn football is bigger than one person. War Eagle!

11 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

or you can continue making s*** up.  But it will get corrected if you choose the latter.

"I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong." 

• Haha 1

Caddy is a heart breaker. hard to blame him if what is true is true. I don't know what I would have done in his shoes?... Keeping it real self righteous thumpers, please stay away...

8 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

Caddy is a heart breaker. hard to blame him if what is true is true. I don't know what I would have done in his shoes?... Keeping it real self righteous thumpers, please stay away...

hmmm?

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

These coaches are grown men with families.  Hugh shouldn't have to have to limit anything.  If they did something inappropriate,  it's on them. These aren't 18 ÿr old kids

Gotta keep your men in line.

But never been a fan of putting personal issues on the bossman. There's things that simply can't be managed out of subordinates.

EDIT: Quit callin 18 year olds 'kids' LMAO. We was 18 out on our own and fighting wars man :lol: 

Edited by Mims44
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

hmmm?

Concur! the dark side of me gets it... the self-righteous Side makes me wishes I had never read the news.

6 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yes and yes.

Agree. Have no idea why Caddy and Zac left, but I won’t place blame on HF. This is his program now, so it’s time he show all of us something positive in 24. No more excuses from anybody. 

On 1/12/2024 at 8:13 AM, Win4AU said:

When was the last time Auburn had an offensive line?  Tank was averaging his first contact 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage.  Hunter would have hit it this year if he didn’t miss the first couple games.

I guess Hunter actually got to 1000 yards with the bowl game.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I guess Hunter actually got to 1000 yards with the bowl game.

Not even close.  Google is your friend of you will just let it.  

54 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Not even close.  Google is your friend of you will just let it.  

image.png

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

image.png

Total yards.  He had receiving yards also. Reading comprehension not your thing?   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Gotta keep your men in line.

But never been a fan of putting personal issues on the bossman. There's things that simply can't be managed out of subordinates.

EDIT: Quit callin 18 year olds 'kids' LMAO. We was 18 out on our own and fighting wars man :lol: 

I am right there with u on the kids part. I was in the service as well at that age. It might be petty but so dislike when CHF uses it. At 18 u are a young adult 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCAubs said:

Total yards.  He had receiving yards also. Reading comprehension not your thing?   

Good catch

11 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. Have no idea why Caddy and Zac left, but I won’t place blame on HF. This is his program now, so it’s time he show all of us something positive in 24. No more excuses from anybody. 

That’s right!  If we don’t see some results in the next day, it’s time to start thinking replacement!  #sarcasmIknewwhatyoureallymeant