Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Total yards.  He had receiving yards also. Reading comprehension not your thing?   

I don’t expect him to hit that mark this year as well. Auburn has 4 really good backs and would rotate to keep them fresh. 

On 1/11/2024 at 10:05 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Both. Golf is the man. There’s nothing to have a meltdown over, but also be prepared for a little turbulence. 

image.png

It may not have been the intention or maybe it was, but the whole elitist we know and you don't and don't expect us to talk to you about it just be quiet and be happy we are even gracing you with this attitude is crazy. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It may not have been the intention or maybe it was, but the whole elitist we know and you don't and don't expect us to talk to you about it just be quiet and be happy we are even gracing you with this attitude is crazy. 

Some didn’t learn anything from the Harsin years. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It wasn’t the intention and people are trying to be discreet and not be salacious out of consideration for the people involved.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It wasn’t the intention and people are trying to be discreet and not be salacious out of consideration for the people involved n

I understand the need for discretion.  But in most cases, more info is forthcoming.  In Freezes case at Ole Miss for example.  Caddy and Zac not being head coaches is a reason for national media not digging around.  I guess the local AU folks don't wanna touch it with  10 ft pole. Not giving the facts just leaves the common man with nothing to do but speculate.  Which could be even worse than just telling what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I understand the need for discretion.  But in most cases, more info is forthcoming.  In Freezes case at Ole Miss for example.  Caddy and Zac not being head coaches is a reason for national media not digging around.  I guess the local AU folks don't wanna touch it with  10 ft pole. Not giving the facts just leaves the common man with nothing to do but speculate.  Which could be even worse than just telling what happened. 

Well like I said before, there may not be an exact perfect way to handle this and some might draw the line slightly different. We’re doing what we feel is right. If things come out organically over time, so be it. But we don’t feel any need to be first or go into the most detail here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well like I said before, there may not be an exact perfect way to handle this and some might draw the line slightly different. We’re doing what we feel is right. If things come out organically over time, so be it. But we don’t feel any need to be first or go into the most detail here. 

That's fair. No good way to handle it when it's personal matters

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That's fair. No good way to handle it when it's personal matters

Especially when it involves people you genuinely care about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I wish I could see what some of these people truly were like in real life? I suspect they are nothing like they are here. I am wishing Cadillac and Zac the best. Not going to speculate on what they are doing and give grace like was told to me by the ole auburn family.. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wish I could see what some of these people truly were like in real life? I suspect they are nothing like they are here. I am wishing Cadillac and Zac the best. Not going to speculate on what they are doing and give grace like was told to me by the ole auburn family.. 

I've looked around the internet a bit on the Caddy thing. A lot of pious people are suddenly very concerned with Caddy's privacy right after they are able to find out what happened haha.

Personally, I'm glad there aren't more details on here. Most of us know roughly what happened and no one here knows the entire truth. Best to move on. 

The whole thing sucks because we love Caddy and Zac and these are real people with real lives. And the turbulence is not what anyone wants in the offseason. 

But strictly concerning the program, this will not make or break affect Freeze's tenure. And Kelly is an excellent addition. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

If anyone knows and wanna PM me I’m curious as hell. I have no idea except… well no idea. Anyone who ain’t curious is lying. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, alexava said:

If anyone knows and wanna PM me I’m curious as hell. I have no idea except… well no idea. Anyone who ain’t curious is lying. 

Holy sheet. Leave it alone. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I wonder what happened?

Yeah a lot of us wanna know as well…mainly to separate fact from fiction 

• Like 1

There’s a natural tendency to be curious,  but if whatever happened happened outside of an “official capacity”, wasn’t criminal, and didn’t put the university in any jeopardy then I need to resist the curiosity, respect the privacy of these guys, accept it for what it is, and hope for the best for them.  I would imagine they’re going through some tough times and whether they did anything to “deserve it” or not, I will still pray for them and their families.  

Edited by GoAU
  • Thanks 4

On 1/16/2024 at 7:50 PM, AUY2K said:

I wonder what happened?

Somebody did something to somebody as best I can figure.  Somebody else figured something had to be done to manage the situation so somebody else told the original somebody they had to go.

17 hours ago, GoAU said:

There’s a natural tendency to be curious,  but if whatever happened happened outside of an “official capacity”, wasn’t criminal, and didn’t put the university in any jeopardy then I need to resist the curiosity, respect the privacy of these guys, accept it for what it is, and hope for the best for them.  I would imagine they’re going through some tough times and whether they did anything to “deserve it” or not, I was still pray for them and their families.  

Best I can tell from the cryptic posts is he did put the university in jeopardy and is why the powers above freeze swung the ax.  If that’s the case - and this being a public university that my accredited degree came from - I’m always concerned if there is a possible institutional issue.

I'm admittedly torn about whether this should be public.  Also admittedly probably in a dbl standard that I’d give a favorite son like caddy the benefit of the doubt that I may not give an average highly visible university Employee.

• Like 1

Here’s the best approach - if it’s not your business, don’t make it your business. 

In redneck terms is called nunya. 😉

Edited by creed

1 hour ago, creed said:

In redneck terms is called nunja. 😉

That must be Spanish. In English it means a ninja that's a nun.

22 minutes ago, gman87 said:

That must be Spanish. In English it means a ninja that's a nun.

He mispelled it. The correct country boy-ese spellin' is "nunYa", as in "T'ain't nunya bidness"

On 1/18/2024 at 11:12 AM, mustache eagle said:

Best I can tell from the cryptic posts is he did put the university in jeopardy and is why the powers above freeze swung the ax.  If that’s the case - and this being a public university that my accredited degree came from - I’m always concerned if there is a possible institutional issue.

I'm admittedly torn about whether this should be public. 

My understanding is the university may be dealing with the fallout of the actions of CW for some time and he placed his employer in a risk/liability situation.

Brings to mind a ‘word of advice’ from my grandfather, ‘don’t get your honey where you get your money.”  There’s one thing that’s been undefeated since the dawn of time, and we all know what that is.  

Yall can act high and mighty if you want to…. You still wondering what happened and probably making calls to your sources to find out. I honestly don’t know and don’t apologize for wondering why. my favorite player in auburn’s history got ran outta town. After last year he was universally loved by everyone who wears these colors. This is something significant that will eventually come out. 

Some of y’all can’t leave this alone.  I keep hoping for this thread to die and then all of a sudden someone resurrects it.  

I’ll insult someone if it will get this rumor mongering thread locked.  I ain’t skeered.  

• Facepalm 1