Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

I'm going to play into some hypotheticals here. Hopefully to give a different perspective. 

As we are Auburn fans(some of us may not be). There are those of us that claim to want what is best for Auburn above any individual. Especially those that attended Auburn University. If Auburn were to have a situation that landed it in legal or NCAA trouble, would that be ok with you all? Or would you all prefer to have the individual that placed Auburn into possible trouble released from their employment? 

Now in the next hypothetical situation, let us say that an individual broke a law while representing Auburn University. What if it involved others? What if it involved players? Would you all want Auburn to take on the possibility for the bad PR to protect the individual? UGA took a good deal of bad PR for the drunk driving situations. What if Auburn faced that? What if your child were to be recruited by that individual who did something inappropriate breaking the law? Would you be like oh that's ok, it's cool? Or would you be like there is no way in hell my child would play for them? 

Lastly, let us hypothetically say that the individuals involved were/are beloved to the Auburn fan base. If the individuals did something to place Auburn University in danger, would you all want them to be handled differently? Would you prefer Auburn to allow them the opportunity to leave their jobs while maintaining a positive outlook from Auburn's fans? Or would you prefer Auburn to go scorched earth and put the beloved individual's business out there? Possibly placing their future livelihoods and families in jeopardy?

In my hypothetical situations, rhetorical questions were asked. My answer is this. I'd like for Auburn to handle it discretely so that the individuals that have given so much to Auburn wouldn't lose their livelihoods or families over the fallible nature of human beings we all are. Allowing them to keep their soft spot in the hearts and minds of the Auburn fans that care so much for them. I'd also like for individuals that fall short of expectations to be held to account for unmet expectations. So that Auburn can be better. Because after all, is that not what Auburn fans want for Auburn University?

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Takeaway from what little I’ve learned this morning. 
This sucks no matter why he is leaving. 
Sounds like this is more than him wanting to go somewhere else and Freeze wanting his guys. 
The ptb seem to be actually handling this so far pretty good. 
War Eagle. It’s Auburn. Gotta embrace the drama 

I will say that IF this is result of decisions above CHF pay grade, then I applaud and respect the AU Administration for being responsible and owning the decision.

I do not know what may or may not have occurred to warrant such a decision. However, based on our (AU’s) history of sometimes seeming to be lax on institutional control, I can support AU as an Auburn Grad.

JMHO

20 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

My great grandmother had one under her bed for night time use! It probably smelled better than the one on this board.

Lol. You guys are all a riot! I am reminded why I have mostly been a “lurker” on this board for 15+ years.

My initial post on this topic was simply what, I thought, was a respectful reply to ellitor to point out that there were some very “convenient” coincidences in this situation that could, understandably, lead to skepticism from some Auburn fans. Wasn’t even necessarily talking about myself, but was, somewhat, defending other posters’ points of view.

Again, as a 15+ year “lurker”, I should have known better. I realize that my comments could be IMPLIED to insinuate more than their face value would indicate. I, thereby, opened myself up to a barrage of insults, criticisms, questions about my intelligence and, possibly, even my ancestry. I’m not sure. And that’s just from Mods. Fellow posters are nowhere near as gentle.

I, hereby, apologize for making any statements that could be implied as deviating from the “board’s” opinion or perceived as not 100% towing the party line. I should know that is not allowed. As a 15+ year “lurker”, I realize that I am responsible for any insults and disparaging remarks directed toward me by posters who know nothing of my personal background, education level, etc and I promise not to hold that against them if they ever have a case that comes before me in my line of work.

Thanks and War Eagle!

P.S. Pot Pot is the name I received from my grandchildren. It is humorous but I accept it gladly.

• Like 7

Man, this sucks! I was never a Freeze guy when we were looking, but have been super impressed with his recruiting and was hoping that I was wrong. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but losing Cadillac and Etheridge is a huge buzz kill. 

At least there is AU basketball.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Man, this sucks! I was never a Freeze guy when we were looking, but have been super impressed with his recruiting and was hoping that I was wrong. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but losing Cadillac and Etheridge is a huge buzz kill. 

Don't give up.  It has nothing to do with Freeze.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

It’s a lot, but, if you want more info, I’d suggest reading the previous pages. It’s pretty obvious what’s going on with this. Warning. It may affect your opinion of Zac and Caddy though. 

Just now, ScotsAU said:

It’s a lot, but, if you want more info, I’d suggest reading the previous pages. It’s pretty obvious what’s going on with this. Warning. It may affect your opinion of Zac and Caddy though. 

Ok, thanks. I know they're human, but I also know you can't trust everything you read on line. Maybe I'm wrong, but this smells fishy. 

Is Marcus Davis next? 

1 minute ago, HAPvsOA said:

Ok, thanks. I know they're human, but I also know you can't trust everything you read on line. Maybe I'm wrong, but this smells fishy. 

Is Marcus Davis next? 

From what folks in the know have been saying, it’s just those 2, and it was due to something that happened off the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

rejoinder

Stop.making.me.google.words.lol.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Is Marcus Davis next? 

none of us regular Joes know but just respect AU admin on the decision.  you have asked the same 2 questions and made same bemoaning statements in different threads.  at this point, it is what it is.  

31 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

From what folks in the know have been saying, it’s just those 2, and it was due to something that happened off the field. 

I couldn't make it through 6 pages. It sounds like a bunch of people that have connections saying that they know that Caddy did something inappropriate, but he is leaving so that none of this becomes public and that there is no way to confirm.

So maybe Caddy made a mistake and maybe a big mistake. And Zac is being let go because he defended Caddy or also did something wrong?  And zillions of rumors are swirling on what exactly happened because the truth won't be put out "to protect their family." Even though it will eventually get out anyways, the way the world works now with SM and I'm sure it sucks for their family either way. But this way people won't know what's really true based on how this is being handled.

Yet we have head coaches in both football and basketball that have made some publicly known mistakes, with Hugh's being obviously more egregious. I don't know, but just saying trust us, we know something and it's bad feels patronizing and hypocritical if you're all in on Hugh. He knows how this process works and should know the pitfalls for his top staff. Sure, he can't control them, but cmon, coaches have occasionally been held accountable for "lack of institutional control" for years.  With Hugh's past, I'm hoping that he tried to limit things like this from happening. But I'm guessing we'll never know.

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

I couldn't make it through 6 pages. It sounds like a bunch of people that have connections saying that they know that Caddy did something inappropriate, but he is leaving so that none of this becomes public and that there is no way to confirm.

So maybe Caddy made a mistake and maybe a big mistake. And Zac is being let go because he defended Caddy or also did something wrong?  And zillions of rumors are swirling on what exactly happened because the truth won't be put out "to protect their family." Even though it will eventually get out anyways, the way the world works now with SM and I'm sure it sucks for their family either way. But this way people won't know what's really true based on how this is being handled.

Yet we have head coaches in both football and basketball that have made some publicly known mistakes, with Hugh's being obviously more egregious. I don't know, but just saying trust us, we know something and it's bad feels patronizing and hypocritical if you're all in on Hugh. He knows how this process works and should know the pitfalls for his top staff. Sure, he can't control them, but cmon, coaches have occasionally been held accountable for "lack of institutional control" for years.  With Hugh's past, I'm hoping that he tried to limit things like this from happening. But I'm guessing we'll never know.

Zac also did something.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Freeze doesn’t know what he’s doing, how could he let Caddy go? Freeze sux

Judging by the 11 pages so far...

The over wins 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

I’d bet freeze’s past is even more of a reason why they had to be dismissed. It doesn’t look good for a coach that was fired amid infidelity to retain coaches that have done the same thing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Zac also did something.

Thanks for adding more context. 

I get that there needs to be accountability for them for their actions, but it still sucks. And the void of information can feel suspect when you're not "in the know." You all have been right about most things since I've been on this board. I guess we'll see what's next.

And the Uni hiring Freeze with his past, but not try to work through this with Caddy and Zac (unless it's criminal or borderline criminal) feels unfortunate at best.

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Judging by the 11 pages so far...

The over wins 👍

3 dolts.  8 people with reading skills and critical thinking.

Couple mad responses too

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Thanks for adding more context. 

I get that there needs to be accountability for them for their actions, but it still sucks. And the void of information can feel suspect when you're not "in the know." You all have been right about most things since I've been on this board. I guess we'll see what's next.

And the Uni hiring Freeze with his past, but not try to work through this with Caddy and Zac (unless it's criminal or borderline criminal) feels unfortunate at best.

The difference? Freeze suffered consequences for his mistake and lost a job (partially) over it as well. You can’t let folks get into trouble and stay on with no consequences. Letting them stay would not be the right thing to do and it would also look bad, like Auburn would completely sacrifice morals to win. Whether that was what was going on or not, you know that’s what would’ve been the media story. Whatever they did would’ve gotten out very publicly, then Auburn would get slandered big time in the media for letting them stay on.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I’d bet freeze’s past is even more of a reason why they had to be dismissed. It doesn’t look good for a coach that was fired amid infidelity to retain coaches that have done the same thing.

This is definitely a part of it.

21 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Past vs current is one big difference

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@gravejd Only because AU has stepped in and deemed it necessary for Caddy to leave. Your posts comes accross as we are forcing Caddy out to hire Nix. The 2 aren't the same.

Amen!

1 hour ago, PotPot said:

Lol. You guys are all a riot! I am reminded why I have mostly been a “lurker” on this board for 15+ years.

My initial post on this topic was simply what, I thought, was a respectful reply to ellitor to point out that there were some very “convenient” coincidences in this situation that could, understandably, lead to skepticism from some Auburn fans. Wasn’t even necessarily talking about myself, but was, somewhat, defending other posters’ points of view.

Again, as a 15+ year “lurker”, I should have known better. I realize that my comments could be IMPLIED to insinuate more than their face value would indicate. I, thereby, opened myself up to a barrage of insults, criticisms, questions about my intelligence and, possibly, even my ancestry. I’m not sure. And that’s just from Mods. Fellow posters are nowhere near as gentle.

I, hereby, apologize for making any statements that could be implied as deviating from the “board’s” opinion or perceived as not 100% towing the party line. I should know that is not allowed. As a 15+ year “lurker”, I realize that I am responsible for any insults and disparaging remarks directed toward me by posters who know nothing of my personal background, education level, etc and I promise not to hold that against them if they ever have a case that comes before me in my line of work.

Thanks and War Eagle!

P.S. Pot Pot is the name I received from my grandchildren. It is humorous but I accept it gladly.

Some people are extremely sensitive about Freeze. I don't even agree with your original post but it's not like you said anything outrageous. Apparently it's not acceptable to post your thoughts but it's perfectly fine for people to call you childish names. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

There are people here who actually do know things about this situation that you clearly do not.  And they are telling you that neither of these resignations were made to happen just to get Freeze's guys in here.  It's simply not true. So no, you are not free to imply anything you want.  Not when it's complete bull****.

I agree. Just seems to be hard for some in our world to accept facts nowadays.

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

Theyre expected to be replaced with Derrick Nix and McGriff returning. If this is the case, the recruiting will be better than before

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

There are people here who actually do know things about this situation that you clearly do not.  And they are telling you that neither of these resignations were made to happen just to get Freeze's guys in here.  It's simply not true. So no, you are not free to imply anything you want.  Not when it's complete bull****.

Damn! Titan be like Shawn Michaels when Shelton Benjamin came flying at him...

rA9Qls.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1