Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

Just now, Allen_D said:

Hopefully because he’s built his chops as a highly competent DC….. and not because “gotta hire an Auburn man”

I agree.  I don't care where the head coach or assistant coaches played college ball.  I want the best coaches for the team, even if they didn't play college ball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Charles Kelly is replacing Etheridge. Charles Kelly is not a "Freeze guy".

So your point here is non-existent.

One of the two is allegedly being replaced by a "Freeze guy"; who just so happens to be a very competent candidate that Ole Miss really doesn't want to lose (Derrick Nix).

Both replacements are actually upgrades over the two guys they are replacing, so in end this actually worked out from a staffing perspective how Freeze would have liked anyway. Bringing in Charles Kelly (who is an elite recruiter in the state of Alabama) with Saban simultaneously retiring is huge.

Actions have consequences. Most of the time the person to blame is the one in the mirror. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TigerVII said:

I also believe we'll see Etheridge on staff at AU again in the future, hopefully as a defensive coordinator.

That would be very cool.

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Actions have consequences. Most of the time the person to blame is the one in the mirror. 

Yes sir. 

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

Charles Kelly is replacing Etheridge. Charles Kelly is not a "Freeze guy".

So your point here is non-existent.

One of the two is allegedly being replaced by a "Freeze guy"; who just so happens to be a very competent candidate that Ole Miss really doesn't want to lose (Derrick Nix).

Both replacements are actually upgrades over the two guys they are replacing, so in end this actually worked out from a staffing perspective how Freeze would have liked anyway. Bringing in Charles Kelly (who is an elite recruiter in the state of Alabama) with Saban simultaneously retiring is huge.

Charles Kelly is not replacing Etheridge. Kelly presumably replaced McGriff since that was the open position at the time of his hire. Or Roberts, since that position was also open. Does not change my point either way. My point was, new head coaches always replace the previous staff with their own guys. They don’t have to have coached with them previously to be “their own guy” now.

• Facepalm 1

Good grief. People on Twitter and Facebook are trying to say that the moral violation stuff has no merit and is just a message board rumor. The folks on here and elsewhere that were saying Caddy was forced to resign last night also predicted Etheridge wouldn’t be far behind. The fact that they were right about Etheridge more or less confirms that there’s merit to what was said… People are special.

Edited by ScotsAU

Just now, PotPot said:

Charles Kelly is not replacing Etheridge. Kelly presumably replaced McGriff since that was the open position at the time of his hire. Or Roberts, since that position was also open. Does not change my point either way. My point was, new head coaches always replace the previous staff with their own guys. They don’t have to have coached with them previously to be “their own guy” now.

The DB coaches were McGriff and Etheridge. They will now be McGriff and Kelly. If McGriff is a constant, then the replacement is pretty obvious now isn't it?

The fact that McGriff "left" for a hot second doesn't change who is replacing who IN REALITY. Kelly isn't replacing Roberts lmao; what a massive leap in logic.

17 minutes ago, steve99 said:

This twitter post by Charles Goldberg should give you some more insight.  It was indeed a university decision and involved lawyers.

The use of the word “lawyer” in a twitter post actually gives me zero more insight into the situation. Me, you, and everyone else is free to imply whatever we want 

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Good grief. People on Twitter and Facebook are trying to say that the moral violation stuff has no merit and is just a message board rumor. The folks on here and elsewhere that were saying Caddy was forced to resign last night also predicted Etheridge wouldn’t be far behind. The fact that they were right about Etheridge more or less confirms that there’s merit to what was said… People are special.

Apparently the University, not HF or the Athletic Department, made him resign.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

The DB coaches were McGriff and Etheridge. They will now be McGriff and Kelly. If McGriff is a constant, then the replacement is pretty obvious now isn't it?

The fact that McGriff "left" for a hot second doesn't change who is replacing who IN REALITY. Kelly isn't replacing Roberts lmao; what a massive leap in logic.

I did not make the “leap in logic”, I simply stated which two positions were open when Kelly was hired 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

There are people here who actually do know things about this situation that you clearly do not.  And they are telling you that neither of these resignations were made to happen just to get Freeze's guys in here.  It's simply not true. So no, you are not free to imply anything you want.  Not when it's complete bull****.

amen...............

6 minutes ago, PotPot said:

The use of the word “lawyer” in a twitter post actually gives me zero more insight into the situation. Me, you, and everyone else is free to imply whatever we want 

Dolt

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

There are people here who actually do know things about this situation that you clearly do not.  And they are telling you that neither of these resignations were made to happen just to get Freeze's guys in here.  It's simply not true. So no, you are not free to imply anything you want.  Not when it's complete bull****.

This times 1,000.  

• Like 2

I am not going to add to the confusion and post it here, but the latest ** RUMOR** I heard was not as serious or wild as everyone imagination is saying.  I would say it is more like a policy infraction.  It makes logical sense.    If it is the real reason, there are some places that it would not effect someone's job.   I hope it is the reason.   

• Like 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Everyone is free to imply whatever they want, even if it’s bull****, as you say. For the record, I’ve never stated which implication I was making, anyway. But twitter posts and “trust me” statements are not proof of anything.

The only definitive statement I have made is that we all knew that the previous coaching staff would be replaced by the new head coach. It could not happen last year for obvious reasons. But it just happened. 
Now, if anyone can refute that statement, I’m all ears 

• Dislike 1

55 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Thank you.  Maybe you can get through to him.

I ❤️ insufferableness…

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I am not going to add to the confusion and post it here, but the latest ** RUMOR** I heard was not as serious or wild as everyone imagination is saying.  I would say it is more like a policy infraction.  It makes logical sense.    If it is the real reason, there are some places that it would not effect someone's job.   I hope it is the reason.   

Title 9 violation.

1 minute ago, PotPot said:

NM

what are you trying to say pot?

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

You say as he gets replaced by Nix who is what?? A Freeze disciple. Lot of rumors flying around but i'm talking about what is actually happening. An Auburn man is resigning and Freeze is replacing him with one of his guys. Thats exactly what is happening lol

Who’s ‘guy’ would it be logical for someone to hire? Someone else’s? 

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

May I imply that PotPot is only here to stir the pot?

• Like 1

Just now, NCAubs said:

May I imply that PotPot is only here to stir the pot?

i like it...........it gets my blood circulating better...............

Just now, PotPot said:

Everyone is free to imply whatever they want, even if it’s bull****, as you say. For the record, I’ve never stated which implication I was making, anyway. But twitter posts and “trust me” statements are not proof of anything.

In a general sense, sure.  You can post whatever harebrained notions rattling around your brain - on Twitter, on your own email chain, on your Facebook page or whatever.  But when people here know information about this and we know that this wasn't done by Freeze to get his guys in here then, no, you're not free to imply that bull**** here.  Known bull**** will get nuked.  Reposting the same bull**** after it's been removed will get that person a time out.  

Is this clearer for you now?

Just now, PotPot said:

The only definitive statement I have made is that we all knew that the previous coaching staff would be replaced by the new head coach. It could not happen last year for obvious reasons. But it just happened. 
Now, if anyone can refute that statement, I’m all ears 

This is what you said:

I guess we will see, soon, why Etheridge has to go. I guess that won’t have anything to do with just bringing in Freeze’s guy either?

Anyone with more than a double digit IQ can read that and see that you're implying this was about Freeze "just bringing in [his] guys."  What we're telling you is that is not the case with either of these resignations and subsequent hires.

• Like 1