Men vs Ole Miss Game Thread

War Damn CBM Eagle bay baaaaay!!!! 🦅 🐅 🐯 💙🧡 L F G!!!! Yessssirrrrrrr!!!! Woooooo!!!!! I love it. I fuggin love it!!!!

IMG_6931.jpeg

IMG_6930.jpeg

IMG_6929.jpeg

IMG_6928.jpeg

IMG_6927.jpeg

IMG_6926.jpeg

IMG_6925.jpeg

IMG_6924.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I definitely think the collective mentality can swing pretty wildly on here. Dudes were treating Pearl like he’s a serial loser or something

IMG_6876.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Will the folks slamming CBP and the team in the first half come back around and give props?  Not sure who it was as I didn’t look at names but … good lord …

Ill give props because we came back from being down double digits and avoided disaster on the road. There’s still some bad problems on this team that have me worried. Aden Holloway is getting worse. Chris Moore and Lior aren’t giving anything at the 3. I promise you all the people who want Pearl to step it up, love Auburn just as much as you do. We haven’t won any postseason games of note since Jared Harper. Bruce is starting to get scrutiny for that, and no one will complain if his teams can stop collapsing in March. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Ill give props because we came back from being down double digits and avoided disaster on the road. There’s still some bad problems on this team that have me worried. Aden Holloway is getting worse. Chris Moore and Lior aren’t giving anything at the 3. I promise you all the people who want Pearl to step it up, love Auburn just as much as you do. We haven’t won any postseason games of note since Jared Harper. Bruce is starting to get scrutiny for that, and no one will complain if his teams can stop collapsing in March. 

Any game you win in the post season is a big deal…. It would have been a disaster to lose on the road to a team who before last night hadn’t lost at home all year and had only 3 losses period? lol. What collapses are this you speak of? Just because a team doesn’t go on a historic run doesn’t mean it’s a collapse. March madness is set up for upsets. It happens every year several times. This is not unique to AU.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Any game you win in the post season is a big deal…. It would have been a disaster to lose on the road to a team who before last night hadn’t lost at home all year and had only 3 losses period? lol. What collapses are this you speak of? Just because a team doesn’t go on a historic run doesn’t mean it’s a collapse. March madness is set up for upsets. It happens every year several times. This is not unique to AU.

You do realize he’s the expert, don’t you? Quite the negative poster. Probably complains about the sun being too bright and the nighttime being too dark. Only 16 teams go have a chance to go deep in the tournament. But let’s scrutinize Bruce for having perennial cellar dweller Auburn winning basketball games at a better clip than Kentucky and right there with Tennessee over the past 4/5 seasons. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Specifically the SEC Tournament games have stung because I’ve gone to the last two 😭 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You do realize he’s the expert, don’t you? Quite the negative poster. Probably complains about the sun being too bright and the nighttime being too dark. Only 16 teams go have a chance to go deep in the tournament. But let’s scrutinize Bruce for having perennial cellar dweller Auburn winning basketball games at a better clip than Kentucky and right there with Tennessee over the past 4/5 seasons. 🙄

Bruce is literally the same coach as Gus but with different expectations. He wins a lot of games and it’s fun. I really hope we have some more success this year and it doesn’t get stale. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Bruce is literally the same coach as Gus but with different expectations. He wins a lot of games and it’s fun. I really hope we have some more success this year and it doesn’t get stale. 

Well you’re right about one thing, Gus won more SEC games than Kentucky. 

• Haha 3

I was impressed with Aden last night. He showed more patience with the offense, passing up some good shots for better shots. In particular, they drew up a 2-man game with Aden and J Will that got Ole Miss scrambling. On one play, Aden turned down several half-open looks and instead found someone wide open at the top of the key for a 3. Another time, he drove to the basket and took a hard foul to get to the free throw line.

He still took a couple of 3s off the dribble that were ill-advised, but overall I saw Aden play much more like the PG we need him to be last night. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I definitely think the collective mentality can swing pretty wildly on here. Dudes were treating Pearl like he’s a serial loser or something

Here's how it works:

When we are winning - We are doomed at tournament time because we are peaking too soon.

When we are losing - We are doomed now and at tournament time because we suck.

When we are tied - We are doomed because we alway choke at the end of the halves.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Specifically the SEC Tournament games have stung because I’ve gone to the last two 😭 

So it’s all about you.  Got it.  

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

This is the coldest take I have seen in a while.  Same as Gus?   

You are losing credibility.  Oh, wait, you had none to begin with.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

So it’s all about you.  Got it.  

I’m eating crow for being too negative in the first half. I’ve been told I’m too negative on this team for the last month because I think they’ll go 12-6 and maybe a sweet 16. I wish they’d value their possessions more because they look like they can get better. Bruce’s teams have always had that problem, going back to Tennessee. If there’s been some knocks on him as a coach it used to be that he didn’t put anyone in the NBA, outside of Tobias Harris, and his teams didn’t go very deep in March. Bruce has put a few in the league at Auburn and I’d love to see him go out on a string of successful seasons. I’ve had season tickets for so long I forget to just enjoy the current season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

😂😂😂😂😂 Holy **** you did it. YOU DID IT!!! WE ARE MAKING HISTORY IN THIS THREAD, GUYS!!

Hang this one in the rafters, mods. We have the literal DUMBEST POST in the history of this board right here before our eyes. It's a beauty isn't it? I'm actually honored to have been part of this thread. Thank you for your service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Gus was a one year wonder. After his great first season, outside of a couple of big wins over bama, he did virtually nothing of note. Very similar to the Terry Bowden tenure without as big of a drop off. Meanwhile, Bruce has taken what was once one of the worst Power 5 jobs in the nation, and has turned it into one of the top 10-15 programs in the nation over the past 6 years or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wanted the whole Auburn team to hit that salsa shuffle that Cisse did. Whole team at half court after running them off their own court. 

Go do it in front of Marshall Henderson too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

😂😂😂😂😂 Holy **** you did it. YOU DID IT!!! WE ARE MAKING HISTORY IN THIS THREAD, GUYS!!

Hang this one in the rafters, mods. We have the literal DUMBEST POST in the history of this board right here before our eyes. It's a beauty isn't it? I'm actually honored to have been part of this thread. Thank you for your service.

Y’all can all go **** yourselves. This board is such trash

1 minute ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Look, Dude: You post unpopular opinions so don't expect a bunch of kudos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

I wanted the whole Auburn team to hit that salsa shuffle that Cisse did. Whole team at half court after running them off their own court. 

Go do it in front of Marshall Henderson too. 

Man … I’ve got to admit I liked the Cisse shuffle.  He deserved to hype with the crowd and I loved the crowd’s response.  It put a smile on my face.   Kudos to that young man and also the ole miss crowd.  They seem to have a solid home court.

all of this is much much easier to say after we win however!

43 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Dude, you have to objectively admit … you put yourself out there.

44 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Bye. Constant b*tching about team and coaching both football and basketball gets really old from some on this site. Go be a turd, o piss, corn dog or dawg fan. AU has its up and downs. Ride the waves as an AU fan or move on.  

I'm 61 and have been though all kinds of ups and downs. Have been and always be AUBURN.

WDE

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Man … I’ve got to admit I liked the Cisse shuffle.  He deserved to hype with the crowd and I loved the crowd’s response.  It put a smile on my face.   Kudos to that young man and also the ole miss crowd.  They seem to have a solid home court.

all of this is much much easier to say after we win however!

After Ole Miss called Marshall Henderson in for the pregame hype solely because he taunted the Auburn crowd, screw em. 

Cisse shuffle on the logo and let em cry, just like I expect other teams to give Johni crap if he does the "too small" celebration then gets dunked on.

For the record, I'm not against players celebrating and hyping the crowd my any means! I'm just against Ole Miss 😂

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

After Ole Miss called Marshall Henderson in for the pregame hype solely because he taunted the Auburn crowd, screw em. 

Cisse shuffle on the logo and let em cry, just like I expect other teams to give Johni crap if he does the "too small" celebration then gets dunked on.

For the record, I'm not against players celebrating and hyping the crowd my any means! I'm just against Ole Miss 😂

Oh, I live in Mississippi. I can't stand them either. Glad to beat them soundly both games, their fans needed to be knocked down a peg 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

You are just now figuring that out?   

Welcome to self awareness.