Men vs Florida Game Thread

8 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

We can forget about winning the SEC regular season title, that's for sure. Unfortunately, Oats and bama will probably win that.

Well, Oates owns Bruce, so it checks out.

29 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

SEC Road teams are 26-37 on the road in conference. Auburn is 3-3.  I get it's frustrating to acknowledge it as anything but an excuse, especially when AU is getting boat-raced, but it is what it is.  

It's not like we're watching a highly-touted team fail to meet lofty offseason expectations.  We appear to be what many thought we were, an upper middle place team in the conference.  "Sky is falling" if you will, but just hope the guards get lukewarm in March, get a good matchup in the NCAA tourney as a 6-seed to make a Sweet-16 and keep momentum with the program. 

It would be nice, but no way this team and the game plan reaches Sweet 16. No pure shooters. 

3 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

They are just a mid team this year too. Which makes our performance even worse.

They won at rupp. They have some good wins this season. They should make the tourney.  It’s not like we lost at vandy. 

I love the home court streak and all of us take pride in that. However, we just seem to struggle or suck on the road. We came out throwing bricks and then looked like we were just going through the motions to get the game over with. I saw no sense of urgency or grit. If we beat USCe and KY this FL game will look different but I can see us losing both of these games and limping into the SEC tournament. Without some major adjustments we will get bounced early. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

It would be nice, but no way this team and the game plan reaches Sweet 16. No pure shooters. 

We do have shooters. We have had several games this year that has shown that. But shooting well on the road is a rarity from 3. The ole miss game is not reality where we were lighting it up from 3 at their place. Good thing there are no road games in postseason play!

29 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I think when it comes down to it, Auburn is just an average team. We had an easy front loaded schedule and we got most of our wins early. 

Par for the last three years unfortunately. We got a taste of big time years ago and of course we as fans expect to build on that

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Florida has not been a HAVE in bball since Billy D was their coach to be fair. They haven’t fallen off and been awful but they have just been mid most years since. 

4th in SEC tournament trophies (Bama has 8, Tenn has 5, UF has 4), 5th in regular season trophies, 2nd in nattys, the point still stands that they're amongst the all time giants in this conference 

Just now, NCTiger1982 said:

I love the home court streak and all of us take pride in that. However, we just seem to struggle or suck on the road. We came out throwing bricks and then looked like we were just going through the motions to get the game over with. I saw no sense of urgency or grit. If we beat USCe and KY this FL game will look different but I can see us losing both of these games and limping into the SEC tournament. Without some major adjustments we will get bounced early. 

I mean that’s college basketball in a nutshell. That’s how it’s looked for all of my 34 years. It’s why it’s a sport with a lot of parity. Every team looks completely different away from home. It’s why it’s the sport with the mosh upsets. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

4th in SEC tournament trophies (Bama has 8, Tenn has 5, UF has 4), 5th in regular season trophies, 2nd in nattys, the point still stands that they're amongst the all time giants in this conference 

All under Billy D I believe. They had a great coach. They aren’t a great program. And come on! Did you really think I would agree with you!? 😂😂 you know better! That’s not our thing!!

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think you left the part out where he said Billy D.    Don’t think they have been anything special since he left.   Just middle of the road.    

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why? Bama got blown out at Tennessee and In Neville. It happens. You could see this game and what would happen coming from a mile away. They got a week to prepare. A team fighting for their ncaa tourney lives and we were coming off our biggest and most emotional win of the season against a rival. It was a scheduled loss tbh. We may not win the sec but this wasn’t a surprising loss at all. Road games even against solid teams in college bball are hard to come by. We needed a “easy” opponent at home after bama. Alas we don’t live in a perfect world. 

We will lose to TN also, on the road or at home 

It’s a lot easier to flush a game like this and move on then losing a heartbreaker close game. We got a maaaaaaaj week this week!!!! South Carolina and Kentucky at home!? Game day at AU!?!? L F G!!!!! I’m def moving on and putting this stinker behind us!!! War damn y’all!!!!

• Like 3

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

We will lose to TN also, on the road or at home 

Oh easily. We will def lose at Tennessee. That’s expected fam! That game will look like this one probaly. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why? Bama got blown out at Tennessee and In Neville. It happens. You could see this game and what would happen coming from a mile away. They got a week to prepare. A team fighting for their ncaa tourney lives and we were coming off our biggest and most emotional win of the season against a rival. It was a scheduled loss tbh. We may not win the sec but this wasn’t a surprising loss at all. Road games even against solid teams in college bball are hard to come by. We needed a “easy” opponent at home after bama. Alas we don’t live in a perfect world. 

But as I mentioned before, Florida isn't all that good.

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

I think you left the part out where he said Billy D.    Don’t think they have been anything special since he left.   Just middle of the road.    

I read it. UConn doesn't exist in college basketball annals if you look before Calhoun in the early 90s. With adding everything that came after, they're arguably one of the 5 best programs ever. An overall perception can be buoyed by a particularly special stretch - that happens all the time 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It’s a lot easier to flush a game like this and move on then losing a heartbreaker close game. We got a maaaaaaaj week this week!!!! South Carolina and Kentucky at home!? Game day at AU!?!? L F G!!!!! I’m def moving on and putting this stinker behind us!!! War damn y’all!!!!

We MUST win both of those games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I read it. UConn doesn't exist in college basketball annals if you look before Calhoun in the early 90s. With adding everything that came after, they're arguably one of the 5 best programs ever. An overall perception can be buoyed by a particularly special stretch - that happens all the time 

They also have had 2 coaches post Calhoun win natty’s….

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

We MUST win both of those games.

IMG_6998.gif

• Like 1

We scored 635 points and still lost!?? 😂😂

IMG_6997.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They also have had 2 coaches post Calhoun win natty’s….

Okay, so their stretch took them from being a nonfactor to being largely considered a top 5 program ever. Florida's stretch made them into one of the best programs in the SEC all time.

Ignoring the obvious fact that the SEC doesn't have that many elite programs to where this should even be a contestable argument, can you at least see where the logic in those two situations line up? 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Okay, so their stretch took them from being a nonfactor to being largely considered a top 5 program ever. Florida's stretch made them into one of the best programs in the SEC all time.

Ignoring the obvious fact that the SEC doesn't have that many elite programs to where this should even be a contestable argument, can you at least see where the logic in those two situations line up? 

Nah. I enjoy disagreeing with you! It’s the one consisting sport besides pickleball I enjoy playing in my mid 30’s!!! Lmao 😉😁

IMG_6999.png

IMG_7001.png