1972 Iron Bowl AU Alabama

aubiefifty

• Like 3

some of this is like watching a silent movie as there is no sound in a lot of  the plays..............still pretty cool tho.

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Randy Walls was the slowest player I ever saw

i thought we were not allowed to diss players? grins..................i know you are not really on him mr legend.

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i thought we were not allowed to diss players? grins..................i know you are not really on him mr legend.

Dude was a winner. I admire QBs who can’t pass or run and still inspire confidence in their teammates and figure out how to win. He implemented Shug’s strategy well- grind out a couple of first downs, punt, grind out a couple of more— eventually we may score.

• Like 1

I just remember the bumper stickers, not much about the game. I guess I didn’t start really paying attention until I was about 9 years old.  

That goes for Sullivan and Beasley, too. I remember hearing talk of them, but don’t recall watching or listening to any games.

Had a Beasley jersey, pretended I was him in the yard…but no memories of watching him. Go figure..

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Thanks for posting aufifty. I was there and will never forget it!

it feels good to be nice to you big shooter..................

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I just remember the bumper stickers, not much about the game. I guess I didn’t start really paying attention until I was about 9 years old.  

That goes for Sullivan and Beasley, too. I remember hearing talk of them, but don’t recall watching or listening to any games.

Had a Beasley jersey, pretended I was him in the yard…but no memories of watching him. Go figure..

greatness and legends rarely know when they on the road excellence. grins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

No Randy was a good guy bur he was even a better golfer than football player

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No Randy was a good guy bur he was even a better golfer than football player

just picking mr golf. i would try and hang with you but i could never keep up.

Edited by aubiefifty

Gardner Jett kicked the extra point to give Auburn a 17–16 lead.

With the clock winding down, Langner intercepted an Alabama pass to stop their attempted comeback. When Langner reached the sideline, he found Jordan upset. Langner reportedly said, "But coach, I intercepted the pass", to which Jordan said, "Yeah, but our plan was to make them punt."

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

just picking mr bird. i would try and hang with you but i could never keep up.

Uh oh!  Surely you didn’t refer to @augolf1716 as @bigbird.  The whole site will likely implode in 3-2-1…

Just now, gctiger said:

Uh oh!  Surely you didn’t refer to @augolf1716 as @bigbird.  The whole site will likely implode in 3-2-1…

Busted thanks for the heads up. i am senile as hell. i do better when i am buzzed. you are such a wonderful poster. grins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

well i edited it and locked the door just in case............

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

Busted thanks for the heads up. i am senile as hell. i do better when i am buzzed. you are such a wonderful poster. grins

Have a great day!

• Love 1

Just now, gctiger said:

Have a great day!

you as well my auburn friend. correct me anytime as it would probably be good for my health.......grins

• Like 1