Have we ever had a Senator worse than Tuberville?

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Nobody mentioned anything about abortion until you brought it up.

I know full well what IVF is. Has no bearing on Tuberville's statement. You're putting words in Tuberville's mouth, I'm going by what he actually said. It really wouldn't have been hard for him to say what you're saying, but he didn't. He's a moron.

No, I don't think that you understand what ivf is.  IVF requires the abortion of some implanted embryos.  The physician makes the determination as to which embryos will be aborted, otherwise every woman who had ivf would be an octomom.

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I respect your belief. But it’s a belief. Please don’t imply it’s true for all Christians.  It’s mainly southern evangelical  - which i understand is much of TTs constituency.

Respectfully, it’s a complex subject.

image.thumb.png.70c95fad739f711752f518663fdb7ae7.png

The issue is NOT complex.  People say that to evade/diminish the discussion of abortion.  Either you believe life begins at the moment of conception or you don't.  If you do believe life begins at conception, then ivf is out of consideration because ivf involves the abortion of embryos in order to have live births.  Abortion of embryos is a part of ivf.

Btw, billions of people who are not Christian believe abortion to be wrong.  Expand the scope of your understanding of this issue.

1 minute ago, Elephant Tipper said:

The issue is NOT complex.  People say that to evade/diminish the discussion of abortion.  Either you believe life begins at the moment of conception or you don't.  If you do believe life begins at conception, then ivf is out of consideration because ivf involves the abortion of embryos in order to have live births.  Abortion of embryos is a part of ivf.

Btw, billions of people who are not Christian believe abortion to be wrong.  Expand the scope of your understanding of this issue.

Thanks for the … primer. Pretty familiar with the subject, considerations, and consequences.

Again, I respect your belief. I simply have a different one.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

No, I don't think that you understand what ivf is.  IVF requires the abortion of some implanted embryos.  The physician makes the determination as to which embryos will be aborted, otherwise every woman who had ivf would be an octomom.

Well, luckily it also doesn't matter what you think I know about IVF.

For someone who didn't want to expand the abortion discussion, you sure seem hell-bent on it. How about sticking to the original topic of Tuberville and the excess gaps between his axons and dendrites?

Edited by Leftfield

The entire discussion of ABORTION is irrelevant to IVF. Look up the definition of abortion, legal and medical.

1. Induced termination of a pregnancy with destruction of the embryo or fetus

2. Any of various procedures that result in the termination of a pregnancy

Tuberville is too stupid to understand law and science. And religious ideations that are not even founded on biblical text are not relevant.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, AURex said:

The entire discussion of ABORTION is irrelevant to IVF. Look up the definition of abortion, legal and medical.

1. Induced termination of a pregnancy with destruction of the embryo or fetus

2. Any of various procedures that result in the termination of a pregnancy

Tuberville is too stupid to understand law and science. And religious ideations that are not even founded on biblical text are not relevant.

Thank you. I was starting to wonder about some of the people in this thread

12 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

I'm not willing to expand the discussion, only limiting it to the premise.  Purposely killing a baby to create a baby is not God's will.

What I find disgusting is the cafe approach to Christianity, but by all means don't expand the discussion. 

Edited by AU9377
  • Haha 1

God's going to have a rough time in the day of judgement when Billions of souls show up at Heavens gate with hundreds of millions of different beliefs and interpretations of the Bible and about what God really intended or wanted them to do, what was considered a sin, what wasn't, how they were to be forgiven, etc. 

God lets one person in and the soul behind him goes "WHAT!?!? God, you're holy Bible clearly said THAT was a sin, what do you mean that's not what it meant?!?" 

And then another soul speaks up : "Wait? I could have been doing "THAT" my entire life and it wasn't actually a sin?"

Or "But God, how is this action a sin? This isn't what my parents and preachers growing up taught me that the bible meant by this. Why didn't the Bible just spell that out!?"

OR: "But God. The translation of the Bible I used didn't SAY it like that! How was I supposed to know this word was interpreted differently in the greek/Hebrew than was translated into my language?"  

Gonna be a mess I tell ya. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

It amazes me how totally definitive some are about very grey ethical issues that even Christians are split on, but damn they waffle and defend Trump on black and white ethical/legal issues. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

IVF doesn't require the abortion of some implanted embryos.  They implant multiples, but usually only one or two make it to a successful pregnancy.  Occasionally too many become viable fetuses and the parents and doctors face the awful dilemma of selective reduction, otherwise the mother is likely to lose them all. 

This Alabama Supreme Court decision is idiotic however and will kill IVF in Alabama. Let's hope it doesn't spread to other red states. Republicans love to shoot themselves in the foot.

13 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

I'm not willing to expand the discussion, only limiting it to the premise.  Purposely killing a baby to create a baby is not God's will.

You don’t know how IVF works. 

• Like 1

In fact I’ll take it a step further and point out that there are a bunch of smooth brains here that don’t understand how fertilization works. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

God's going to have a rough time in the day of judgement when Billions of souls show up at Heavens gate with hundreds of millions of different beliefs and interpretations of the Bible and about what God really intended or wanted them to do, what was considered a sin, what wasn't, how they were to be forgiven, etc. 

God lets one person in and the soul behind him goes "WHAT!?!? God, you're holy Bible clearly said THAT was a sin, what do you mean that's not what it meant?!?" 

And then another soul speaks up : "Wait? I could have been doing "THAT" my entire life and it wasn't actually a sin?"

Or "But God, how is this action a sin? This isn't what my parents and preachers growing up taught me that the bible meant by this. Why didn't the Bible just spell that out!?"

OR: "But God. The translation of the Bible I used didn't SAY it like that! How was I supposed to know this word was interpreted differently in the greek/Hebrew than was translated into my language?"  

Gonna be a mess I tell ya. 

I would think God already knows who gets in well before they arrive.  There is no lawyers to defend someone’s supposed beliefs.  Not confusing at all, just enlightenment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It amazes me how totally definitive some are about very grey ethical issues that even Christians are split on, but damn they waffle and defend Trump on black and white ethical/legal issues. 

How do you defend Biden on some of his controversial issues?  Does he have any?

• Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

This thread started out bashing Tuberville and his views. Here are comments from our other Senator, Katie Britt.

Protecting ‘life’ and IVF clinics after Alabama ruling ‘not mutually exclusive’: Britt - al.com

Katie is trying to put lipstick on a pig. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Well just wipe it off😁

Still a side of bacon.

There’s literally no way to protect IVF if embryos are now legally people. You just can’t square a circle. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Still a side of bacon.

There’s literally no way to protect IVF if embryos are now legally people. You just can’t square a circle. 

That depends. Lay a piece of string in the shape of a circle and I will square it for you.😁

• Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How do you defend Biden on some of his controversial issues?  Does he have any?

Again. I don’t defend Biden. My point was the evangelical right has the unique ability to take definitive high ground positions on tough ethical issues, but at the same time adore/worship a guy whos legendarily morally bankrupt. 

It’s almost a spectator sport watching the rationalizations.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again. I don’t defend Biden. My point was the evangelical right has the unique ability to take definitive high ground positions on tough ethical issues, but at the same time adore/worship a guy whos legendarily morally bankrupt. 

It’s almost a spectator sport watching the rationalizations.

You can’t defend Biden because there is no way to defend a man that has done a terrible job.  It is much easier to tear Trump down.  When it come down to the two for the November vote, you won’t vote for Trump, but will you vote for Biden?  Or go the virtue signaling route and vote for a 3rd party candidate that could essentially cast a vote for Trump?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You can’t defend Biden because there is no way to defend a man that has done a terrible job.  It is much easier to tear Trump down.  When it come down to the two for the November vote, you won’t vote for Trump, but will you vote for Biden?  Or go the virtue signaling route and vote for a 3rd party candidate that could essentially cast a vote for Trump?

This about gop internals only - who have an option other than trump. Again, the gop is/has passed on far less morally screwed up candidates who support their agenda. The gop has to stop hiding behind Biden and own Trump.

Edited by auburnatl1

18 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

You've left the reader to assume that by "dumbass" you refer to the seeming contradiction that TT wants Alabamians to have more babies, but opposes the specific practice of ivf would give more babies.  Not knowing your understanding of ivf I'll try to clarify.

As a Christian, I, as most, know that life begins at the moment of conception which ivf does produce and the eggs are then not just some protoplasm which can be used in scientific experiments like ivf.  Ivf produces multiple fertilized eggs, which are babies at their earliest form and are therefore sacred before God and man.  The process of ivf is one of selection by the physician who decides which baby is to be implanted with the hope of producing a viable baby (-ies).  The remaining fertilized eggs are discarded like trash, abortion, sometimes not and are frozen ((another discussion unto itself).  Again, these eggs are sacred life.

Once fertilized eggs are implanted, then, after a period of time, the physician further decides which implanted eggs remain and which are to be aborted.

Ivf cheapens life and dishonors God, especially with the subtle practice of aborting fertilized eggs.  Life is precious at all stages, especially as an embryo which cannot defend itself.

The Biden-Harris campaign deceives the reader with an overly simplistic understanding of ivf by using a gotcha moment.  Ivf always causes abortions.  THAT bit of info the Biden-Harris campaign does not want the public to understand and would rather the public view ivf as a compassionate means to give babies to those who desperately want them.  For TT to explain this would have taken more time in another discussion, as he stated.

If you believe that sacred life begins at conception, then whom do you trust to guide, Biden-Harris or Tuberville ?  If you're okay with abortion, then you're okay with ivf and the Biden-Harris team promoting the practice.

Life begins at the moment of conception.

That diatribe proves without a doubt that this ruling violates the  establishment cause in the constitution.

You are entitled to your own religious beliefs but you are not entitled - at least yet - to impose those beliefs on others. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Says you. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Yes, I’m sure Tuberville…a man who couldn’t name the 3 branches of our federal government, and who thought WW2 was a fight against Communism actually has complex and well thought out views on IVF treatments. 

I’d bet money that when Tuberville was asked that question by the reporter that he had no clue what IVF even was. 

and for those who say that you can’t be pro-life and support IVF at the same time, you better look around. A majority of the GOP leadership is now coming out supporting protections for IVF, so I guess the Republican Party is no longer a ‘pro-life’ party and you’d be a hypocrite to continue to vote for them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2