2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

If he can complete 70% of his passes, have a 5 TD to 1 INT ratio and show great decision making skills in our offense, I say offer and hopefully sign the guy.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having bad flashbacks about a QB about whom Dilfer raving at a previous the Elite 11, who is now playing tight end somewhere other than Auburn.

Just because Zeke Pike has substance abuse problems doesn't mean every QB that looks good at Elite 11 has the same problems. Your flashbacks are not rational.

This.

I'm having bad flashbacks about a QB about whom Dilfer raving at a previous the Elite 11, who is now playing tight end somewhere other than Auburn.

Just because Zeke Pike has substance abuse problems doesn't mean every QB that looks good at Elite 11 has the same problems. Your flashbacks are not rational.

This.

Good day to you sir, WDEWDE!

This.

Good day to you sir, WDEWDE!

WDE. Been one busy summer. Ready for fall and some AU football.

I hear you WDEWDE! I believe White has played this wisely to this point. He realized he may not be the #1 QB for his favorite schools...to start with. By letting the dominoes fall he is more likely IMO to get an offer closer to home and/or the SEC. Also by gaining an Elite 11 invite he can now be certain that every school knows who Sean White is. Rather than marrying some school he wasn't excited to play at he has shown he isn't afraid to compete either. I would really like to see us make ourselves a player here if we are not Harris' first choice. I believe he is the best of the rest so to speak and someone CGM could coach into situations to put a W in the column.

This.

My comment had nothing to do with Zeke Pike and everything to do with Dilfer's track record of evaluating QBs at the Elite 11. If Mr. Pike was such a phenom, he would be playing QB somewhere...

I would not be shocked if he returned to QB in the future unless he is just an incredible TE which with his athletic ability, he might just be. Hope he is watching Aaron Hernandez. I hope all these kids are, ours included!!

Back to Sean White. I feel the staff waits on Harris to offer him. I have heard from 2 sources, and waiting on a 3rd, this morning the staff still feels they are in Great shape with Brandon Harris. Unless things change there it is very unlikely we offer White.

One thing that scares me about Brandon Harris is how skinny he is and the potential for injury if we sign him. Before anybody says it I know we will put him on a weight training Program but his frame just doesn't appear to be a frame that will beef up a lot.

Sean White is thicker and could probably take a hit better. Along with his touch he might be as good an Option as Brandon Harris. My opinion is that Sean is just now hitting teams radars but coaches want to see him personally on a visit before deciding if they will give him a commitable oofer. Timing of visits works out well for coaches, Harris first find out how serious he is then if he looks iffy then see White Analyze him themselves and than decide if we want to give him an offer.

One thing that scares me about Brandon Harris is how skinny he is and the potential for injury if we sign him. Before anybody says it I know we will put him on a weight training Program but his frame just doesn't appear to be a frame that will beef up a lot.

Sean White is thicker and could probably take a hit better. Along with his touch he might be as good an Option as Brandon Harris. My opinion is that Sean is just now hitting teams radars but coaches want to see him personally on a visit before deciding if they will give him a commitable oofer. Timing of visits works out well for coaches, Harris first find out how serious he is then if he looks iffy then see White Analyze him themselves and than decide if we want to give him an offer.

Jeremy Johnson is really skinny as well. What's the difference? What about RG3? He isn't that thick either. BH is a good enough size. He's pushing 200. Probably will be 205-210 by NSD.

I also remember people saying that AJ Mccarron was too skinny to stand up to the beatings dished out by SEC defenses. They were very wrong.

Jeremy Johnson is really skinny as well. What's the difference? What about RG3? He isn't that thick either. BH is a good enough size. He's pushing 200. Probably will be 205-210 by NSD.

And if things go as they should with JJ, BH may have time to get up to 225-230 before he hits the field as a tiger.

I also remember people saying that AJ Mccarron was too skinny to stand up to the beatings dished out by SEC defenses. They were very wrong.

IF he got hit enough he would start to show some fragility. The problem is $puat's line has been good and/or they never get called for holding. Take your pick.

And if things go as they should with JJ, BH may have time to get up to 225-230 before he hits the field as a tiger.

JJ has the frame to add weight without getting slower I am not sure that BH does. I will concede that sometimes the skinny looking guy is really tough and never gets hurt where sometimes the guy that looks like superman does get hurt. But historically QB's by naturing of being in vulnerable position when throwing have a good chance of getting hurt and historically the skinnier guy gets hurt more often. My other fear about BH is he likes to run and running QB's are at higher risk. Not all running QB's are built like Cam. My comments are not taking anything away from BH I like him and really hope he pulls the trigger and joins us.

I am just saying that I think Sean has as much upside as BH. When comparing two QB's with different strenghts it is always somewhat subjective.

As for RG3 he is recovering from a serious injury and he is thicker than BH.

I am just saying that I think Sean has as much upside as BH. When comparing two QB's with different strenghts it is always somewhat subjective.

I love SW as a QB and would love to have him but he really does not have the upside BH does. SW is more polished now. Given Haris's better frame and arm than SW he can do more with his skills set if he becomes a polished QB.

I love SW as a QB and would love to have him but he really does not have the upside BH does. SW is more polished now. Given Haris's better frame and arm than SW he can do more with his skills set if he becomes a polished QB.

Over the years I have come to respect your judgement. If you say BH has more upside I will accept it.

White was 12-16 with 2 TDs. What I really like about him is he trusts his receivers and throws them open instead of waiting for them to get open.

This is just one guy's opinion but after watching White's and Harris' highlights, Harris looks like the much better prospect. Better size, better speed, better arm, steps into his throws well, decent pocket presence, and is also innovative in making plays happen. I disagree with whoever said Harris has too thin/frail of a frame for the SEC...just looks like a high school kid who still has some natural weight to gain plus a college weight program. He'll be ideal dual-threat QB size when the time comes.

As for White, don't get me wrong, the kid looks good. He's efficient, accurate, seems to have good pocket presence, and throws on roll-outs really well. However, he's no threat to run, looks smaller than 6-2 (is it just me??), and lacks the play making ability of Harris. If things fall through with Harris, we should definitely make White the #1 target but I don't see how you can look at their highlights objectively and come away with any conclusion other than Harris is the better prospect, has way more upside, and would fit better in Malzahn's offense.

Auburn doesn't like White quarterbacks.

See what I did there.

Remember how high Dilfer and crew was on little know Neal Burcham? He signed with SMU.

White very well may garner an offer from AU before waiting around on DW or BH if he continues to show out because otherwise someone else might scoop him up.

He throws the receiver open

Something that AU has desperately lacked from their quarterbacks.

JJ has the frame to add weight without getting slower I am not sure that BH does. I will concede that sometimes the skinny looking guy is really tough and never gets hurt where sometimes the guy that looks like superman does get hurt. But historically QB's by naturing of being in vulnerable position when throwing have a good chance of getting hurt and historically the skinnier guy gets hurt more often. My other fear about BH is he likes to run and running QB's are at higher risk. Not all running QB's are built like Cam. My comments are not taking anything away from BH I like him and really hope he pulls the trigger and joins us.

As for RG3 he is recovering from a serious injury and he is thicker than BH.

Correction: NO running QBs are built like Cam. All this name dropping of Cam Newton is a terrible thing, there won't be another Cam Newton type athlete at Auburn for another 25 years IMO. People just aren't built like that.

Courtesy of LawTiger87 from scout -

7/3/13

New Elite 11 QB rankings

Wednesday morning at The Opening—prior to the final day of action in the 7On tournament—the Elite 11 coaches released the list of the Top 11 quarterbacks.

There’s one day of play left with the championship to be decided; all QBs will get in at least two games so we will see if the list changes at the end of the day.

The number in parentheses ( ) is what the quarterbacks were ranked after the Elite 11 ended Sunday.

1 (2) Kyle Allen (Desert Mountain, Scottsdale, Ariz.)—verbal to Texas A&M

2 (3) Sean White (University School, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)—uncommitted

3 (1) David Blough (Creekview, Carrollton, Texas)—verbal to Purdue

4 (8) Jacob Park (Stratford, ,Goose Creek, S.C.)—verbal to Georgia

5 (5) Will Grier (Davidson Day, Davidson, N.C.)—verbal to Florida

6 (11) Luke Rubenzer (Saguaro, Scottsdale, Ariz.)—verbal to Cal

7 (9) Jerrod Heard (Denton Guyer, Denton, Texas)—verbal to Tesas

8 (10) Manny Wilkins (San Marin, Novato, Calif.)—verbal to Arizona State

9 (NR) Brad Kaaya (Chaminade, West Hills, Calif.)—verbal to Miami (Fla.)

10 (NR) Drew Barker (Conner, Hebron, Ky.)—verbal to Kentucky

11 (4) DeShaun Watson (Gainesville, Ga.)—verbal to Clemson

Previously ranked:

(6). K.J. Carta-Samuels (Bellarmine Prep, San Jose, Calif.)—verbal to Vanderbilt

(7). Keller Chryst (Palo Alto, Calif.)—verbal to Stanford

By the indications of this ranking makes one believe that we need to offer White immediately, but Neal Burcham shared MVP honors with Jameis Winston and the best scholly offer her earned was SMU. Granted Burcham is just a redshirt frosh and the 2nd string qb for the Mustangs, so he could turn out to be a helluva player.

Archived