Bruce Pearl Discussion

CameronCrazy

I for one would be surprised if they could get everything worked out in only 4 days. If they announce something today it will strongly suggest to me that JJ started talking to Pearl before he fired Barbee.

Do you not think JJ was seeing the same thing the rest of us were seeing half way through the season and realizing there "was not the expected improvement" and could have been making some phone calls and putting some feelers out in anticipation?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after the petrino jetgate coup attempt i dont think JJ would do that. However i would not have a problem with it if he did.

I for one would be surprised if they could get everything worked out in only 4 days. If they announce something today it will strongly suggest to me that JJ started talking to Pearl before he fired Barbee.

Do you not think JJ was seeing the same thing the rest of us were seeing half way through the season and realizing there "was not the expected improvement" and could have been making some phone calls and putting some feelers out in anticipation?

well with JJ one never knows. You would certainly think so but you just never know.

after the petrino jetgate coup attempt i dont think JJ would do that. However i would not have a problem with it if he did.

Barbee didn't exactly have Tubby's popularity.

It disappeared because it was just a rumor with nothing to back it up.

Titan, honestly, what are you thinking?

Good or bad... Feel free to PM if you'd rather.

I think it's 50/50. There are various matters to hammer out. If I were guessing from Pearl's side he wants to know what his restrictions on recruiting AAU are going to be, Komara or no Komara. He'll want to know what the show cause thing means in terms of added supervision and whether it will hinder his ability to recruit. He'll want to know whether this Under Armour thing can be reworked to allow us to be under Nike or Adidas for basketball or if he thinks he can overcome that if UA stays in place. And then there's always money and buyout to agree on.

Lots of moving parts. I think it could go either way.

What?? You mean the shoe contract plays a part in a coaches mind in deciding if he wants the job or not?!?!

Thats putting it nicely, to say the least. :)

the blasphemy i heard did not point out tubs populartiy(although it may have been the reason for it). it was just crooked to talk to a perspective hire before the job was vacant. i didnt agree. i think it is a good idea to know which direction you are going.

the blasphemy i heard did not point out tubs populartiy(although it may have been the reason for it). it was just crooked to talk to a perspective hire before the job was vacant. i didnt agree. i think it is a good idea to know which direction you are going.

It blew up because CTT still had significant support and it happened before the iron bowl. Happening before a USCe basketball game would not be as a big deal.

It blew up because CTT still had significant support and it happened before the iron bowl. Happening before a USCe basketball game would not be as a big deal.

......and because we were pretty successful in football, while our bball team has been turrible.

No buyouts please! If there is one, make it small. I pray for the day a bball coach leaves us because he was so successful. The only coach I can think of that ever left auburn when things were going good was our swim coach 4-5 years ago

The only coach I can think of that ever left auburn when things were going good was our swim coach 4-5 years ago

And maybe Richard Quick 20 years before that. I can't think of any others either.

Thats putting it nicely, to say the least. :)/>

......and because we were pretty successful in football, while our bball team has been turrible.

Yep.

Hear something on Pearl... or another candidate???

Apparently Buzz Williams is the backup plan if the Pearl falls through.

If Pearl falls through, there will be a meltdown here. It has been built up as a done deal so much, that a rejection will cause weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Come on JJ...being in the Pearl!!

Hear something on Pearl... or another candidate???

Apparently Buzz Williams is the backup plan if the Pearl falls through.

I checked him out. He has done a nice job at Marquette. Lots of trips to the NCAA's and even a great 8 appearance.

If Pearl falls through, there will be a meltdown here. It has been built up as a done deal so much, that a rejection will cause weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Sure there will be... A well known and respected "insider" on this site has already said "It is Done!"... The announcement was supposed to be during the SECCG. Oh well...

Sure there will be... A well known and respected "insider" on this site has already said "It is Done!"... The announcement was supposed to be during the SECCG. Oh well...

FWIW: Everything I am hearing is that it should happen. I think everyone who is in the know is double and triple checking their sources because of the secrecy JJ has employed.

Its up to other powers now

No buyouts please! If there is one, make it small. I pray for the day a bball coach leaves us because he was so successful. The only coach I can think of that ever left auburn when things were going good was our swim coach 4-5 years ago

Doesn't work that way. Good coaches, especially one's coming into a difficult situation to turn around, will demand a good buyout. Otherwise, you can settle for no-names.

FWIW: Everything I am hearing is that it should happen. I think everyone who is in the know is double and triple checking their sources because of the secrecy JJ has employed.

What I'm being told as well. Ball is in BP's court

Its up to other powers now

Yep, pretty much

Archived